Slingshot Racing Cup

• Hey everyone. Earlier this year we decided to create the Slingshot Racing Cup and test out the concept in Manitoba, Canada. We're not making any money on this so hopefully it doesn't come across as tacky self-promotion...we simply love both the Slingshot and Racing so are extremely happy to combine the two :)

We're mainly using the Slingshot SLR and, apart from putting in a Sparco race seat and harness, we have kept the Slingshot's completely stock. Everyone entered with their own Slingshots and had no prior racing experience...part of the program is that they are put through several training courses and are working closely with a professional driver to make sure everything is done safely as well as enable each driver to improve their lap times.

So far this year we have had an absolute blast with some incredibly close wheel-to-wheel racing. Race 1 had the top 4 Slingshots all finish within 1.8 seconds of each other.

We are wondering if there is interest anywhere else in North America to do some championships like this. We'd love to see it grow and maybe even give everyone the chance to travel around experiencing different race circuits. Thanks!

• I would be very interested, as I already do "fun" track days out here in AZ.

You would probably have to make different classes though. I think my turbo Slingshot on track tires might be a tad faster than some of the stock SLR machines...

Looking forward to see you can make something happen in the states. If you need to collaborate with someone, I know a couple of people in AZ that are already organizing track days. Maybe you could run your own group within their already set events.

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Welcome @Slingshot Racing Cup
    I am sure we can gather up some interested slingers on the east coast

If you check out our event section you will see we have a Track Day scheduled for Track Day Roebling Road Raceway

Would be a great place to show us what we can do.

I know a few people who would love to get a racing circuit started - feel free to PM me if you want to pursue it.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I would be very interested, as I already do "fun" track days out here in AZ.

You would probably have to make different classes though. I think my turbo Slingshot on track tires might be a tad faster than some of the stock SLR machines...

Looking forward to see you can make something happen in the states. If you need to collaborate with someone, I know a couple of people in AZ that are already organizing track days. Maybe you could run your own group within their already set events.

You bet! We are already discussing the idea of having a class for modified Slingshots and how that would look. Thanks for the feedback and perhaps it will be a good idea to have a chat with some of the people already putting in some track time in AZ.

• Thanks for the info. Been to Roebling Road years ago and think it could be a very good location to start doing something like this...especially if there is an interested group already. Will send you a PM soon and we can bounce some ideas around.

• You got any video of that race? I would love to see it. I think the idea is excellent. You'll find plenty of interest in the states

We currently just have some onboard video from a few of the Slingshots but we're hoping to build towards showing the full races online at some point. Here are some onboard highlights from one of our races earlier this year. Not sure if embedding is possible but hopefully the link works...

https://youtu.be/AedQuubWda0

• For sure. I would think airport courses are ideal for SS racing. And I'm betting the folks on the forum would like to hear about the incredibly fortunate landing at Gimli of an Air Canada plane in distress several years ago, while some regional races were underway!!! Google "Gimli glider".

• Thanks for the info. Been to Roebling Road years ago and think it could be a very good location to start doing something like this...especially if there is an interested group already. Will send you a PM soon and we can bounce some ideas around.

You should also look into Summit Point Raceway - @TheRock has organized several track days there another fantastic track.
    I think we could most definitely get something going!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Ok, so when are you going to get to the details about how you would execute this in the states?

Hopefully it isn't so expensive that it includes a 2017 SLR to keep like in Canada... Ha

Owner of Slingshot #263 that has some stock parts left on it. :D

• Ok, so when are you going to get to the details about how you would execute this in the states?

Hopefully it isn't so expensive that it includes a 2017 SLR to keep like in Canada... Ha

Agreed
    I spent way to much on m 2015 making it so it could at least do the speed limit.
    I prefer to run what I brung

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!