Catastrophic brake failure cause/cure.

• so you're telling me nobody can answer those questions I haven't taken mine apart yet I thought that maybe someone that might want to see if we can figure out a final simple cheap solution to the problem might want to help out

I think you are missing the points we made previously. For most of us that did have a senor failure it was covered under warranty and did not reoccur. Quick checks of the price to replace have made many of us toss the issue in the "not a big enough deal to spend an inordinate amount of time or resources to reinvent the wheel". Most good dealers keep a couple of these on hand. If my dealer couldn't get them for a month I would call bullshit and pick up the phone and call other dealers and Polaris to see how full of shit they are.

• Air in the system is a major contributor to the issue. If you do not have a master cylinder brace like the one sold by DDM or Alpha. When you step on the brakes firmly the master cylinder moves because of the thinness of the firewall it is mounted to. This movement allows ait to get in brake system. Bleeding of the brakes and putting on the brace has fixed the issue on many slings. Part of the recall is to replace the rubber seals around the 2 sensors because they are allowing air into the system. At the same time the sensors them selves have proven to be wrong.
    Once again you are not willing to take the advice of others. There are some on this forum that has been wrenching on these things for over 2 years and have went through all of this as Polaris learned what the issues were. Our inputs have actually been part of the fix.

• Couple things here..My Brake Failure Light has been on for over a year.........
    But I have been working on it for 9 months and backing out garage those 9 months with 2 red lights.
    The Brake Failure Light and OMG Seat Belt light. 2 F''''' red lights.
    Now there is 2 things I can do.
    One make a fiberglas panel to cover the red lights or put the Sling on rollers and
    start it up and free wheel and enjoy the RPM and sounds of turbo exhaust.
    I have run my Sling to 100 mph and have brakes with red failure light and seat belt light.
    The reason for seat belt light I was using Schroth 4 point belts that day.
    Tuesday I take SS to dealer to have Brake Failure Light removed so it will never come on again.
    Just kidding going to have it fixed.

• Air in the system is a major contributor to the issue. If you do not have a master cylinder brace like the one sold by DDM or Alpha. When you step on the brakes firmly the master cylinder moves because of the thinness of the firewall it is mounted to. This movement allows ait to get in brake system. Bleeding of the brakes and putting on the brace has fixed the issue on many slings. Part of the recall is to replace the rubber seals around the 2 sensors because they are allowing air into the system. At the same time the sensors them selves have proven to be wrong.
    Once again you are not willing to take the advice of others. There are some on this forum that has been wrenching on these things for over 2 years and have went through all of this as Polaris learned what the issues were. Our inputs have actually been part of the fix.

My dealer told me the sensors need replaced...
    I did install the $130 brace
    I asked those questions because I knew somebody has done all of them, I haven't.
    If the banjo seals are rubber, that could be the cause of the mysterious black stuff clogging the sensors that many here have mentioned in the past. Brake fluid could dissolve certain types of rubber.... I'm leaning toward rubber parts somewhere in the system causing the stuff and I mentioned that two months ago.. There are other types of rubber gaskets that don't dissolve...which might be worth doing...that would be a very cheap fix.

Have the replacement sensors been redesigned or changed from the original ones? I ask this because people are having the issue 3 years after the fact. Is it because of old original sensors still in stock or are the new ones screwing up?

• let us know how it turns out.

I don't understand why everyone is so matter of fact about things that don't work, like not being able to use the cruise control...I'm the type of person that ...if it came on the vehicle I want it to work and I'll do everything I can to make it work..

And according to the state safety inspection regulations...that light being on flunks the safety inspection until it is not on. Just like if the service engine light is lit...it won't pass inspection...that means no inspection sticker making it illegal to drive.

• There are some on this forum that has been wrenching on these things for over 2 years and have went through all of this as Polaris learned what the issues were. Our inputs have actually been part of the fix.

The funniest part of this whole thing is every questions asked in the first post has been answered directly in other threads ...however he chose to disrespect, reject, argue, and inject opinion without any understanding or personal experience..which he now asks for ....

As was mentioned by others when you try to help someone over and over and they just dismiss your information due to their own ignorance and inability to think past the end of their nose the help stops ...

In the words of Judge Judy .... "God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason"

Weird.... I was not aware only one type and model helicopter existed ..... who knew .....

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• But what'll happen to that poor dolphin????? Oh I know...it'll end up in next week's can of tuna!!! :00000019:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Okay, wait a minute here. Maybe he has a point. I mean I know I'm only a girl and all, but helicopters do have hydraulics too... maybe there is a link between the two. So I did some more research, and did you guys know braking systems in cars are hydraulic too? I even found a picture!

So does that mean my brakes in my car won't work either????? This is a real safety issue, maybe I should call NHTSA?!

(For those that don't know me, yes, I'm kidding.)

• Okay, wait a minute here. Maybe he has a point. I mean I know I'm only a girl and all, but helicopters do have hydraulics too... maybe there is a link between the two. So I did some more research, and did you guys know braking systems in cars are hydraulic too? I even found a picture!

So does that mean my brakes in my car won't work either????? This is a real safety issue, maybe I should call NHTSA?!

(For those that don't know me, yes, I'm kidding.)

go back to doing dishes and cleaning the house! 8|8o:00008356:

(J/K,.. your're a rockstar,.... but I couldn't past on this!) :00008172:

• Like @Orangeman has posted, all of your questions have been answered in different post. Most of them have been on TDS. The thing is, the majority of us have not had the light come on. If your light is on and you don't want to search the forums for the answers, why would you expect everyone else to find them for you. Pretty sure most of us don't like jumping through hoops!

• Haven't had the light yet, at 12,000 miles. I would like to fix it myself however since it is not under warranty anymore. I'll be watching to see what you come up with Bigdog.

Not under warranty at 12,000? What is regular warranty on a Slingshot? Mine is 5 year unlimited miles.

RNJ12

• Y'all are way more patient than me, I stopped giving a frack on the first catastrophic failure thread, after trying to explain(and failing) that there hasn't been a single actual failure to date I concluded that he is either a troll or someone who has less common sense than a Baywatch Blonde.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Y'all are way more patient than me, I stopped giving a frack on the first catastrophic failure thread, after trying to explain(and failing) that there hasn't been a single actual failure to date I concluded that he is either a troll or someone who has less common sense than a Baywatch Blonde.

I wasn't bored but I was "working" and it's a way to pass the time and learn about the "catastrophic brake failure" on the new ride that I just picked up.

RNJ12