Camera issues

• Ok I own a 2017 base model. I was looking for the easiest plug and play reverse cam I could Find. So I noticed behind my dash had the wiring for the cam and also found the plug in the rear for the OEM cam. So I went and purchased the OEM cam with mount and plugged it in. Then purchased this from Slingmods http://www.slingmods.com/video…ess-aftermarket-head-unit I installed the slingmods harness and plugged it into my Pioneer head unit and got nothing. I installed exactly the way the video shows and still did not work. I called slingmods and they said 1 other person had this problem with the base model but they know of no other issues. Slingmods would have been more then happy to refund my money but I opted to leave it installed and try to get it to work. I am not to good with electrical stuff but was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on how to get it working.

• I just had a guy pull my factory stereo out of my 2017 SLR and replace with a Pioneer head unit and my camera is not working nor is my mode button. I hope it's an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I just had a guy pull my factory stereo out of my 2017 SLR and replace with a Pioneer head unit and my camera is not working nor is my mode button. I hope it's an easy fix.

Check to see if a wire got knocked off of the mode button. I did this when I wired a button below the mode button for my garage opener. Did you get the cable from @slingmods for the Oem camera integration?

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Ok I own a 2017 base model. I was looking for the easiest plug and play reverse cam I could Find. So I noticed behind my dash had the wiring for the cam and also found the plug in the rear for the OEM cam. So I went and purchased the OEM cam with mount and plugged it in. Then purchased this from Slingmods http://www.slingmods.com/video…ess-aftermarket-head-unit I installed the slingmods harness and plugged it into my Pioneer head unit and got nothing. I installed exactly the way the video shows and still did not work. I called slingmods and they said 1 other person had this problem with the base model but they know of no other issues. Slingmods would have been more then happy to refund my money but I opted to leave it installed and try to get it to work. I am not to good with electrical stuff but was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on how to get it working.

Go read the reviews for this harness....one person said they had a pin positioning issue....might be your problem.

Semper Fi

"Will Work for MODs!"

• Hmmm, is this why the mode button wouldn't be working as well? My clock is stuck at 12:00 flashing and the Tripometer is the only thing showing on dash instead of odometer. I hope the mode cable is not plugged in correctly.

• Which head unit are you using? I'm leaning towards a Pioneer, but may rethink that if there are problems.

Pioneer AVH-X4800BS DVD Receiver. I wish I knew someone with a different make head unit I could try. Just wire it up real fast and see if it was just an issue with pioneer like sling mods suggests. I was even thinking of buying a new head unit for the SS maybe a Kenwood and sell the Pioneer.