short tool list

• Anyone use the TPMS Sensor Bracket? I'm not thrilled with the caps, but getting new rims and want to install the inside sensors, but only found one set that are bluetooth and for 4 wheels. I would imagine that you can't set the alarm if you aren't using one of the sensors and it's always at "0" psi. Thoughts?

:00000436:
    Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

• Isn't there a sensor kit sold for cars that mount to the tires as OEM would and works with a phone app, so lets say I was going to replace my tires i could just ask my tire place to replace my stems with the new sensor ones and have an "OEM TPMS" that won't give me the constant fear that what if that cap leaks or if someone steals it again(I have had a set stolen from a sport bike before).

Yep FOBO Tire
    They are sensors that screw onto the valve stems - read pressure and Temp

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• You’ll like them. You can be in your living room and get a alert you’re getting a flat tire. Just recently I hit a 4x4 with my back tire going 70 mph.

I immediately opened the app while driving to see what it was going in real time so I knew if I needed to take emergency action.

Also with these low profile tires I think it’s a must have because there isn’t much air to lose to be flat and it’s not that easy to tell how much air is in them.

They recommend short metal valve stems to clear the brake caliper and to take the centrifugal force exerted on the stems.

It’s one of the first mods I bought besides many lights for more visibility.

One more thing remember to remove them if you leave it at the dealer. You never know who might like a set.

• Thanks for all the info above @BigdogDo you have any thoughts about the "T" type stem?

The kit came with short metal stems....not the “Ts”. Again brake caliper clearance would have to be there to use them. Since the sensors kinda lock on the stem it would be more convienent than having to remove the sensors to fill them up....that said I’m running nitrogen in mine so they hold pressure for longer intervals...it would come to to person taste..and the amount of inconvenience you can tolerate. LOL. Think of them like locking gas caps.

• The type of TPMS sensors that I have on my racing rig allow you to air up your tire through them.

That being said it is slow as Christmas! You are better off to remove the sensor and top off the tire then replace the sensor.

I haven't installed a TPMS on my SS but I can tell you that the one on the race rig has saved me more than once. It has easily paid for it's self many times over just in the money saved by knowing to pull over and change a tire before it is destroyed let alone the damage that can/is done to the trailer when one come apart at 80+ mph.

I can definitely see a TPMS on my sling in the future. It's not like we are hauling around a spare tire and jack!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Just from having them on my pickup truck saved me from a tow job on the turnpike. And that wouldn’t have been cheap. I was able to fly 80 mph to the exit and get to a tire store before it went totally flat.

Point being you get an instant alert of dropping air pressure.

I have my phone mounted on the dash so I can always see it for weather maps, phone calls or tire pressure monitoring.

• I had them for a while but have since taken them off.
    2 reasons - first for some reason they lost sync and it was project to get everything working again (but I figured it out)
    Second reason was one of the O-rings or something in the cap went bad came out to find a flat tire.

Now if the system had internal sensors I would reinstall in a heartbeat!
    I just didn't want to find myself up in the mountains with a flat tire. regular checks with a digital tire gauge works for me!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!