How effective is your oil cooler?

• For those who are monitoring your oil temperature with or without an oil cooler, what kind of temperature and pressure are you seeing. After driving with the air temperature at 105 deg for about 4 hours my readings were as follows.
    OAT 105 f
    75 mph
    2500 rpm
    184 f
    25 psi (The oil pressure is being read from the back side of the head.)

• on a ride a few days back when temps were in the 90s I had about 51 psi just off idle and close to 62 psi at 3000. I should tell you I'm running 10-40 at because of the increased temps in the summer here. I will drop back to 5-30 when it cools off.

Not sure what oil temps were so my reading may be a bit skied.

LC

• The pressures tend to be lower than in years past due to thinner multiviscosity synthetics being used. Would be curious as to idle readings both in pressure and temps after sitting for several minutes such as in heavy traffic. If there's going to be a problem with pressure or temps, that's where it will happen.

• Sitting in traffic after warm-up with OAT around 100 my temp will creep up to 195 and press will be around 19.

I have a ghost in my motor -it has a few weird quirks since we built it but runs like a scolded cat.
    Taking pressure from the head above the restrictor I should see numbers similar to what you are seeing but no such luck. I have see oil pressure as low as 8psi at idle when hot. Once the engine heats up I am running in the low teens at 3500 rpm. I am confident it is not the gauge since I had the same numbers with a different set of gauges. Cold and prior to operating temps pressure starts out in
    the 50's then drops like a stone.

On the bright side lower oil pressure usually leads to higher HP

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• oil pressure readings from the back of the head are way way lower then taking them from the main oil gallery in the bottom of the engine

i know because i take pressures from both

oil pressure from main gallery at bottom end are 40+psi where as the head pressure reads 20psi at cruising speeds

i also take water temps from the egine block and at the water coming out of radiator and on 95+ degree days temp is at 185 degrees - these Eotec engines run vert cool, that have a super great cooling system, i do not have that latest scroud on my radiator

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/52514/this is from the water coming out of the radiator and is the coolest

you will get the most accurate water temp reading from the heater bypass hose

......................................... tom n carol