Fresh Oil and Chips

• Ran across this construction sign today. Never seen one before. Needless to say, i don't recommend driving your SS down roads that have this warning. Soon after I pass the sign portions of the road is gravel and oil... on coming truck sprayed us with gravel wife took a rock to the ear and the rear was all over the place. Slowed down to about 35 mph and the rear was still very squirmy. Being I never seen this sign before I figured it was a weird ad for some type of food lol. Not fun to drive on roads like this.

• They can chip 10 miles of road for the price of 1 mile of asphalt ....good way to get a broken windshield following the car in front too close...I usually stay away from freshly chipped roads for several weeks til it gets driven in...and the loose stuff gets pushed into the tar or pushed to the side of the road...that said the side of the road will be like driving on marbles if you're going to fast.. Wrecked a motorcycle that way... Got too close the the edge and ended up airborne going into the woods...not a good day...

• Try it on two wheels! Fun! They used to do it around August-September around here and now the past two or three years they have started around April or so. After a month or so, it isn't bad. But fresh, it's terrible.

• Ran across this construction sign today. Never seen one before. Needless to say, i don't recommend driving your SS down roads that have this warning. Soon after I pass the sign portions of the road is gravel and oil... on coming truck sprayed us with gravel wife took a rock to the ear and the rear was all over the place. Slowed down to about 35 mph and the rear was still very squirmy. Being I never seen this sign before I figured it was a weird ad for some type of food lol. Not fun to drive on roads like this.

They do this right where we live pretty much every year. Right now it's Route 7 in Ohio from Kinsman up through Andover, but when they finish that road, they will start on other roads connecting to it or parallel to it. It's a horrendous time, and we avoid those roads like the plague until traffic has pounded the stones down enough to keep them from flying into our vehicles. If we come up on an unexpected stretch of Tar & Chipped road.....I simply turn around and find an alternate route!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• Being I never seen this sign before I figured it was a weird ad for some type of food lol. Not fun to drive on roads like this.

We see these signs in Arizona all the time. Yup, time to turn around and avoid a ton of a mess.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• Don't see that in Oklahoma, they just don't fix the roads X(

Amen to that brother. We usually find a VW bug stuck in the bottom of our pot holes, they don't pull them out, they are good filler. We have a lot of panel poured concrete road here, bump, bump, bump ever 30 feet, just try I40 west of okc.

LC