Alberta group ride

• 4th day of summer vacation siting at my desk. My boss says that we may be leaving tomorrow so if weather permitting I would be into a afternoon ride around the fair city of Edmonton or any other scenic drive. We will probably stay at Elk Island or some other camp ground in the area tomorrow night. Then off north on Friday.

• I did go from Calgary to Banff to Saskatchewan River Crossing to Rocky Mountain House to Innisfail then back to Calgary 650 km or so on Sunday. I was trying to go to the Ice Fields but dark clouds and rain made it an easy choice to turn towards home. This was a fairly easy trip and I would be willing to do it again in September if anyone is interested we could set up a date or two now.

• I did go from Calgary to Banff to Saskatchewan River Crossing to Rocky Mountain House to Innisfail then back to Calgary 650 km or so on Sunday. I was trying to go to the Ice Fields but dark clouds and rain made it an easy choice to turn towards home. This was a fairly easy trip and I would be willing to do it again in September if anyone is interested we could set up a date or two now.

Hey Gramps when in September do ya figure?

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• The boss mentioned she might take a week off or so in that time frame. We love riding then because the kids are back in school and the RV traffic is quite a bit less. Was planning on a possible stop in Eckville for a Laser alignment while heading to Rocky Mountain House for first stop.

• The boss mentioned she might take a week off or so in that time frame. We love riding then because the kids are back in school and the RV traffic is quite a bit less. Was planning on a possible stop in Eckville for a Laser alignment while heading to Rocky Mountain House for first stop.

I will be coming home around 9th or 10th from SS in the Rockies and then have a medical issue to deal with so can't make those dates, maybe another time.
    But,Eckville, laser alignment ? Do they do a true 4 point laser alignment ? Do you know approx cost ? First time I've heard of some one in Alberta that does those for a Sling.

• I will be coming home around 9th or 10th from SS in the Rockies and then have a medical issue to deal with so can't make those dates, maybe another time.But,Eckville, laser alignment ? Do they do a true 4 point laser alignment ? Do you know approx cost ? First time I've heard of some one in Alberta that does those for a Sling.

Yes these guys are on the forum list published by Mike the gentleman who created the laser alignment for Slings

• I'd like to come, but weekdays just don't work out well for me. I'll have to wait and see how my projects are going around here, and whether or not I can justify taking a day off.

• Unfortunately I don't get sick days. I get paid days and unpaid days. Which means if I tell the wife I'm taking a day off to go drive "that silly car", and by the way you have to look after the kids by yourself, she might get a slight bit grumpy. :)

• Wish I could come join the fun, but work is blocking me. Plus, need to finish paying off my trip to NY before I consider another road trip.

Heh, good ol' Canadian Tire MC took a hit last week.

You guys have fun out there. Maybe catch up another time

• Friday looks like it would be a good day however looking at the weather this am it looks like 90% chance of rain on Saturday. The next weekend Saturday looks better but this is the weather we are talking about.

I am geared and have gaz in the tank and ready to go either day.

• We're looking at next week ourselves. The weather here is a little too uncertain this week, Friday and Saturday look alright for a shorter run but it doesn't smarten up til Monday.

• Next weekend looks a bit warmer but it is weather in Alberta. Pumpkin drop in Smoky Lake on the first of October. I probably will be headed up north that weekend with the Sling as a tow car. Then next time to ride would be the middle of October for me. Then time to park and tear apart.