Madstad 11" windshield cracked

• I love this windshield but today coming home from work my little round suction cup mirror fell off. I tried to stick back on and fell again. I'm like wtf. Then I realized the windshield cracked all the way down the middle. 110 degree. 90 to 100 mph down turnpike like I do every day. I wonder if being out in the boiling heat from hell like mine is every day is weakening the plastic. Thoughts ? No screws were not over tight. I have had this almost a year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• Haven't seen one cracked to that extent. Definitely looks like it was being top loaded to the outside edges. The pic doesn't appear to show a crack below the bottom mount screw. Hope you get a fair shake on the outcome.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I love this windshield but today coming home from work my little round suction cup mirror fell off. I tried to stick back on and fell again. I'm like wtf. Then I realized the windshield cracked all the way down the middle. 110 degree. 90 to 100 mph down turnpike like I do every day. I wonder if being out in the boiling heat from hell like mine is every day is weakening the plastic. Thoughts ? No screws were not over tight. I have had this almost a year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

My windshield did the same thing and Madstad replaced mine no questions asked! Give em a call - they will make it right

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Don't know about MadStad's replacement policy under warranty, but IIRC, they do sell replacement shields for around $150-200 or so, making it easy for folks who prefer different sizes for different seasons. I bought a MadSatd for it's adjustability, but I do wish they offered polycarbonate shields.

• As I brought up once before and was severely ridiculed for it....it split on the weakest part of the shied...straight up the holes. I know it's the only way to mount it but a hole in anything is a weakness..

It probably started when it was installed and the screw was turned a little too much...I have a roof with plexi on it and whoever installed it tightened a few screws too tight and there are spider cracks coming from some of the holes.

• I've noticed my screen occasionally vibrating, especially up top.
    I drilled extra holes in mine at all three mounting points so I could mount it lower to the dash/hood, but haven't yet experienced any cracking. I must admit that I rarely go more than about 4 mph over the speed limit as I have an aversion to speeding tickets. Otherwise, I seem to attract tickets like flies on ....
    I've actually been pulled over for going as little as 3-4 mph over the limit here in Texas. While in the Army, it seemed the MPs would pull you over for doing anything over the limit near any housing area. We have several subdivisions near us that have speed limits of 20 mph. I tend to set my CC at 24-25 (the lowest it will reliably operate) and still get passed like I'm parked! I really don't understand why the speed limit isn't simply changed to 30 mph on the major thru roads, since almost everyone is doing that speed or more anyway. They could then leave the side roads at 20.

• I just called Madstad direct - great bunch of guys there - talk to Blake - if ya need number PM me

I got my Madstad second hand, and Blake was friggen awesome. He didn't have to give me any kind of support, but he gave me his cell phone number so I could send him some pictures of what needed to be replaced. He sent it out quickly at a fair price and I was back in business. Their customer service is second to none.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Thank you guys for the info. I sent them a email with the pictures and just got off the phone with them. My year was 2 days ago but Madstad is standing behind their windshield and sending me a new one and no cost to me. That is one stand up company. Thanks again

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing: