Tires-Nitto/Toyo ?

• I just put my 1st Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on. So far it the best I have bought. It was used on eBay for 150.00. Had 9/32 tread left and was like new.

This is a great way to get great tires, especially for the rear tire which has such a short life anyway. Also look for new old stock tires, tires can't be mounted once they get about eight old because they go beyond its service life of ten years. Since I wear out the rear tire in less than one year it is never a problem where I get them mounted. Dealers unload these tires for reasonable prices as the stamp date gets past 5-6 years old. Sometimes they only have one tire, they get real cheap when they don't have a pair. The best new tire I found so far was a Goodyear Eagle F1 that was 7 years old and purchased for less than 1/3 msrp delivered to my house. Wish there was more available, can't find them now, Goodyear quite making them a few years back. I have had 4 new tires on the back and never paid more than 1/2 retail.

• I just put my 1st Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on. So far it the best I have bought. It was used on eBay for 150.00. Had 9/32 tread left and was like new.

let me know what PSI you settle in with. I believe I ran my last one around 27 psi and it still wore a little faster in the middle. I am thinking about trying 25 psi but I do not want to go so low it's no longer safe.

• I run mine at 25psi in the rear and I run my fronts at 22

I just put my 1st Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on. So far it the best I have bought. It was used on eBay for 150.00. Had 9/32 tread left and was like new.

I run mine at 25psi in the rear and I run my fronts at 22

I have run four different tires on the rear at 25 lbs. The worst was the BFG Comp 2 A/S I only got 10,000 miles out of it (very little spinning) a lot of center wear at the higher pressures. Kenda and the General AS-03 being the best wear. I am running the BFG Sport Comp 2 now (not the A/S) I will buy nothing else but the General G-Max AS-03 from now own.

• I've been happy with my Nitto so far. Definitely better than the stock Kenda.

Can't give any comparison to the other tires, since this is my first after market tire. I'll be looking at the other tire brands again when I wear this one out.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Nitto and Toyo are owned by the same companies either one is a good tire nittos seem a little harder for me to get around my area so I run toyo/pirellis . Running pirelli on rear and it's a pretty nice tire sticks pretty good little pricey about 350 I believe, it's a 305, and toyo proxies in front which I like better then the pirellis in the front. Probably because I have more side wall on the proxies But also recently purchased a r888 for the rear and that will be a 315 that tire is also pretty pricey for he rear but recently discountined and replaced with the r888r.

• Couple of things..For Sling rear a summer blend will give better grip and traction especially in rain. All Season tires are a compromise. Toyo has good tires for us but the less radical T1 or Proxes 4 would be a better choice than the triple 8 which is more of a gummy drag tire which doesn't shed water well. I had the Proxes on my Spyder and got good service with them in both lifespan and wet/dry conditions.

• I will have my Nitto NT555 G2 rear tire installed tomorrow, will see how I like it was $ 144.77 including valve stem without installation (free shipping)

@mytoy that's a great price. Where did you get it?

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Getting ready to change the rear Kenda. I've been reading up about the nitro 355 on the forum.
    My question is; Can the same factory rim accommodate the wide tire? ;(

Here's a thread for you with that info:
    Stock rear SL rim - how wide of a tire?

Keep in mind as you go wider in the back it negatively impacts wet handling, particularly hydroplaning. There are positives such as handling, traction and appearance..Just a trade-off.

• Thanks for the Heads Up regarding Hydroplane.
    A couple months ago, we totaled out our 2007 Mustang GT (just turned 29k) caused from Hydoplaning doing 50mph in a terrible rain storm with American Racing street legal slicks. That was my wife's baby. I hate the word of Hydroplaning.