Very strange...

• I have a very strange situation that has occurred with my lights.

Firstly, in may be important to know that I have the European (similar to the Canadian) lighting setup.

When I took my SlingShot out for a ride the other day everything was fine, when I left home. During the run I stopped, switched off the engine and removed the keys...
    ?( The side lights stayed on ?( (Dipped beam)
    I stopped another two times through the journey and the same thing happened, each time.

OK!
    So when I get home, it is still happening...so I opened the hood and checked out the fuse box.

I removed each (and every) fuse + relay from the fusebox, one after another.
    The lights stayed ON.

I went to the battery compartment and removed the fuses, by the battery, just in case they had something to do with it.
    The lights stayed ON.

I went back to the fusebox, under the hood and removed ALL of the fuses + relays.
    The lights stayed ON.

I then also removed the fuses, by the battery. ALL fuses & ALL relays were now out of the SlingShot...

BUT the lights stayed ON.

Eventually I removed the Earth wire from the battery and the lights switched off., When reconnecting everything the system functioned as it should.

It's now been three weeks since I asked Polaris Britain for an explanation of this, but as usual, they haven't had the decency to send a response. :00006725:

Therefore I'm asking you all if you have any idea what has caused this?

PLEASE NOTE:

At one point, all of the fuses and relays had been removed, but the lights still stayed on.

Your help will be appreciated.

All the best, from UK_Paul

• I am no expert. Although not the same scenario, I some LEDs that would stay on all the time regardless of whether ignition was on / off. When engine was running, I couldn't turn the LEDs on/off with the remote.

Ended up with a poor / bad ground connection on the power to the LEDs.

Wonder if it is something similar - a bad ground or a chaffed wire rubbing someplace.

• I am no expert. Although not the same scenario, I some LEDs that would stay on all the time regardless of whether ignition was on / off. When engine was running, I couldn't turn the LEDs on/off with the remote.

Ended up with a poor / bad ground connection on the power to the LEDs.

Wonder if it is something similar - a bad ground or a chaffed wire rubbing someplace.

I'll check it out but the baffling thing was that they stayed on when all of the fuses and relays were taken out.

• This has nothing to do with the SS @UK_Paul but I had a house once that had half the garage built in. Needed to remove a short wall and turned off all the breakers. When I cut through the wire on the plug from that wall it knocked me off the stool. ;( Found out the previous owner had wired the wall in directly to the main power. =O I sold the house two weeks later. :thumbsup: BTW, I told the new owner about it.

• This has nothing to do with the SS @UK_Paul but I had a house once that had half the garage built in. Needed to remove a short wall and turned off all the breakers. When I cut through the wire on the plug from that wall it knocked me off the stool. ;( Found out the previous owner had wired the wall in directly to the main power. =O I sold the house two weeks later. :thumbsup: BTW, I told the new owner about it.

You didn't have to tell the new owner they could tell with your hair standing straight up and still smoking

• That is a new one, but I agree with @rabtech but not if the power wire is off of the battery

• Thanks for the help :thumbup:

@FunCycle They finally went off when I removed the earth witre from the battery and all was fine afterwards. Before that they just wouldn't turn off, even with the fuses out.

So...
    @rabtech I suspect you may have pointed me I the right direction. I'm off to London with the SS in the morning, but will check it out as soon as I am able.

If I find a short, on the fuse box, to be the problem, I'll let everyone know.

I can picture that happening to me and my wife telling me to go outside if I'm going to " smoke" :)

• It is time to say thanks to the guys on this thread for the help with the lights.

Still no response back from Polaris :00006725:

It looks like @rabtech has it right. It looks like the bottom of the fuse box is the cause.

Very big thanks for the good advice Rabtech.

• Glad you found the issue @UK_Paul.

Another example of why this is THE BEST FORUM PERIOD.