Track Day Roebling Road Raceway (Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 8:00am - 8:00pm)

Date

Track Day Roebling Road Raceway

Mon, Dec 4th 2017, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm

1135 Roebling Road Bloomingdale, GA 31302

Participants

7 participants, 55 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Oct 31st 2017, 11:00 pm
  • Track Day at Roebling Road Raceway 1135 Roebling Rd, Bloomingdale, GA
    Roebling Road Raceway Track Located in Bloomingdale Georgia

Safety Equipment Required
    DOT full face helmet
    Jacket
    Gloves
    Closed tip shoes

Slingshot must pass Tech inspection

REGISTRATION IS OPEN
    Go here to register msreg.com/roeblingslingshots
    You will need to register your Slingshot as well as yourself
    1- when you select manufacturer type choose -OTHER - Then Fill in Polaris
    2- Use Slingshot in the field for Model
    3- you will need you Vin #
    4- there are a few fields that do not pertain to us - For Weight use 1725 / wheel base 149.6

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @Wrenchmn and @Ruptured Duck
    Please go to the event and update participation
    Just trying to keep a good head count.
    Once they confirm we can play I will find out what safety gear is required and the price.

Thank guys I think it will be a blast.

I see the infamous @StickerDick will be joining us. Look forward to tracking with you again sir.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• One of my favorite tracks hands down, technical and fast with an insidious front straight away made for you turbo/charger guys,...that is until turn 1 says hello :00007505: . If you guys include the kink in the middle of the front straight after the start finish I am in for sure :00000156:
    Increasing and decreasing radius's, elevation changes,.......Ohhhhhhhhhhh boy this sounds like some fun. Ill bring a transponder :00005129:

• I am trying to tag onto another group that is getting the track for the day. I think if we can get a few more track days at some big tracks like this we will be more accepted. Right now when we contract tracks they say "A what shot" they have never seen one in action. Truth be told every time a group of us leaves a track they are impressed.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am trying to tag onto another group that is getting the track for the day. I think if we can get a few more track days at some big tracks like this we will be more accepted. Right now when we contract tracks they say "A what shot" they have never seen one in action. Truth be told every time a group of us leaves a track they are impressed.

I just looked at the calendar and saw Donnie Isley's name.
    I know Donnie from the BMW Performance Center. Hell of a driver. Haven't seen him in years. He used to race a Formula V out there.

• I just looked at the calendar and saw Donnie Isley's name.I know Donnie from the BMW Performance Center. Hell of a driver. Haven't seen him in years. He used to race a Formula V out there.

I think he has the track one day the same week. I remember seeing it but didn't pay much attention I was so excited to possibly get some track time.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I think someone else had tried once before but I don't remember what happened.I will do my best!

I talked to them almost two years ago. At that time they had not seen nor knew anything about the SS. Same with the car groups like HSR that humble the track. Im sure there is some change given so many other track days going on around the country with them not to mention Canada. I also spoke with the folks at Jennings GP(bike only track) but they declined renting me the track based upon the weight of the slings and possible harm to the tracks surface.
    I figure enough time has past that there is more interest and available participation possibly with car clubs renting out tracks and trying to fill the paddocks now that they know we exist. :00005129:
    Sure would be a nice to play at Roebling, Road A and Barber just to mention a few possibilities :00007510:

• I talked to them almost two years ago. At that time they had not seen nor knew anything about the SS. Same with the car groups like HSR that humble the track. Im sure there is some change given so many other track days going on around the country with them not to mention Canada. I also spoke with the folks at Jennings GP(bike only track) but they declined renting me the track based upon the weight of the slings and possible harm to the tracks surface.I figure enough time has past that there is more interest and available participation possibly with car clubs renting out tracks and trying to fill the paddocks now that they know we exist. :00005129:
    Sure would be a nice to play at Roebling, Road A and Barber just to mention a few possibilities :00007510:

So far we have been accepted at Summit Point as a bike and Firm as a car. I know we have a member who tracks regularly in AZ
    So maybe we will be accepted!
    I hate rejection

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• OK boy and girls

Here is the good news
    1- We have been approved to run at this event
    2- We will be treated as motorcycles not cars
    3- We will run our own sessions - no cars on the track
    4- Waiting on conformation of safety equipment but most likely Full face Helmet, Jacket, Boots, Gloves - arm restraints recommended but I do not think they will be required.
    5- Full day event so we should get in several good runs

Not so good news
    1- Cost per Slingshot $400 for the day - same as the cars
    2- Additional insurance coverage $475 split equally between all registered Slingshots so the more we have the less it cost each of us.

Let me know if you guys are still interested and we can get this thing moving
    I am in!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!