Face mask/kerchief

• I've seen a few bikers wearing a face mask/kerchief this summer.... After my rides I wash my face and arms and the amount of dirt on the wash rag surprises me....so now I'm wondering how much of that dirt I'm breathing in and if a face mask is the way to go....does anyone else wear a face mask for dirt reasons?

• Coughing and sneezing after each ride may help clear out all that road dust and debris you sucked in during your rides. It's a scary world we live in for sure!! :00010317::00008172::00008356::00000019:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I've seen a few bikers wearing a face mask/kerchief this summer.... After my rides I wash my face and arms and the amount of dirt on the wash rag surprises me....so now I'm wondering how much of that dirt I'm breathing in and if a face mask is the way to go....does anyone else wear a face mask for dirt reasons?

Off road yes. On road no.

From the looks of the dirt on my wash rag...my lungs will be totally black by the end of summer... Coal miners and slingshot drivers will have black lung... Sounds like a class action lawsuit...

Against Big Oil or Mother Nature?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I thought I would inject some info on the subject of road dirt..(rubber)

Road Rubber - Science Updates - Science NetLinks

The Straight Dope: When the rubber meets the road, where does it go?

It appears that the rubber is causing medical problems...like the one article mentions....tires have been spewing their poisonous dust for over 100 years.

Amazon.com: Motorcycle Face Masks 6 Pieces ATOP VALUE Skull Mask Half Face for Out Riding Motorcycle Black: Automotive

I bought these...they are nice and light and very breatheable and the price is right.

• I wear a neck warmer only for the fact that I have a longer beard and if I don't wear it the beard will look like a birds nest when I get to where I'm going.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• From the looks of the dirt on my wash rag...my lungs will be totally black by the end of summer... Coal miners and slingshot drivers will have black lung... Sounds like a class action lawsuit...

Seems to me (and I'm sure others if they want to be honest) you are always looking for ways to get rich quick. I'm sure that know I'm calling you out you will return with "I was just joking can't you guys take a joke" or something similar. You wanna talk about class action lawsuit for the "black lungs" or health hazards of driving a Slingshot. Stay your ass at home locked up in a room for all that we care just get rid of the electronics as I'm sure that will pose a threat to your dumb ass as well. Black lung theory while driving the SS and the "catastrophic brake failure" what's next? Carpel tunnel syndrome in your ankle from pressing down the gas pedal?

RNJ12

• Hey, @Bill Martin can I sue, because my feet don't reach the pedals?... Oh nevermind, I just adjusted the seat. Wait, because they designed it with no windshield or a short windshield, then they should have provided a bug screen so that vegans are not force to consume meat during rides. I am just now a vegan and want to sue!!!!

• First try this after your next ride. Grab a nice white washcloth and just scrub your face, neck and arms. Every time I do this even only after an hour ride and there is significant black dirt on the cloth. Now before you wash up smell your arms between your hand and elbow. It's also on your clothes. That smell is road dirt. Like smokers smell but you can tell you just rode.

If you can't smell anything you might have an issue with your sense of smell.

Now for people that have asthma or other breathing problems or people that might not want these breathing problems this is useful information. Not every SS/bike owner has a death wish. Also people with breathing problems might not associate road dirt with there current condition. Many people with lung cancer will say how can I because I never smoked. Motorcycle riding, bicycle riding, walking and jogging usually take place on roadways with traffic passing close by spewing toxic emissions. excercising to stay healthy in an unhealthy environment.

News flash nobody's getting sued that was a joke. The heavy metals contained in the road dirt are very harmful to our bodies. In my former work environment there were many heavy metals present in the air. My blood was tested every 6 months for lead exposure. If we had high readings we had to change job areas.

High lead levels and other heavy metals could cause people to write forum threads that normal people would consider usless and silly.

• Since when does a lawyer actually retire ;) It's like a doctor, if people know you were a doctor you will always get the "I'm having this pain" comment. :(
    BTW, I have a legal question for you. Should I just give you a call? :D

@dangerdarrell could you please explain to @SlingLow how lawyers and free are NEVER EVER used in the same sentence. I would hate to have to bill him for the answer !! :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it