Pissing off a Harley Rider

• I wave at every two wheeler I pass. Some are waving before I do. Others act like I killed their mother. Depending on the situation if they were broke down on the side of the road I would pull over and ask if they needed help. How many of them would pull over for me?

• Most of the Harley and other large bike riders wave at me often before I can get my hand out - - most, but not all, of the younger riders on their crotch rockets dont bother waving, not sure if its because I am in the Sling or if they just don't wave at anyone

As a side note last year when the Mongol's had their annual meeting in Palm Springs every single one that I saw on the road waved at at me and most if not all were faster than me to get their hand out - - - frankly I was a little surprised at how willing they seemed to acknowledge me as a fellow rider - - - damn near made me want to stop by their meeting hotel to see if I could join - - - - just kidding 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Most of the Harley and other large bike riders wave at me often before I can get my hand out - - most, but not all, of the younger riders on their crotch rockets dont bother waving, not sure if its because I am in the Sling or if they just don't wave at anyone

As a side note last year when the Mongol's had their annual meeting in Palm Springs every single one that I saw on the road waved at at me and most if not all were faster than me to get their hand out - - - frankly I was a little surprised at how willing they seemed to acknowledge me as a fellow rider - - - damn near made me want to stop by their meeting hotel to see if I could join - - - - just kidding 8o

they were hoping you’d pull over so they could take your keys...

I used to get a lot of waves, since the quad, not one bike has waved... I get a lot of stares.

I still wave at all of the bikes if I see them in time.

you took yourself out of the Motorcycle cycle category... we were barely in it to begin with...LOL...

• When I go to bike night it’s about 90% Harley guys. 8 out of 10 of them like the Monster and the other 2 are just haters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I had that kind of reaction during a rain storm in Maggie at a gas station. One person looked like a 1% was real vocal about the Sling not being a bike. I just looked at him and told he that I had the Harley also and asked him what else did he have. O-BOY he did not have anything else to say

• When I go to bike night it’s about 90% Harley guys. 8 out of 10 of them like the Monster and the other 2 are just haters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know I'm gonna get crap out of this but here goes. 8 out of 10 was 80% when I went to school, did something change again and slept through it?

As far as waves we get a lot, as far as dumb question we get some, but we answer them all trying to help educate those that don't know. Remember when you first saw a SlingShot, did you ask some of the same questions, I did. We ride with a host of other types of motorcycles, we find people are more reflective of our attitude, we accept all and so far accepted by all.

Do your own thing and worry less about what others are doing.

Live long, enjoy, and let other people wonder what you are up to.

I think I'm first in line to be a bone marrow donor for my brother, other things pale in comparison.

LC

• and here in Canada we were taught to take a breath between sentences and look for commas and periods in the wording. He stated that 90% of the people there were Harley owners and that 80% liked his sling. Sorry just couldn't help myself :P

I also own a Jeep(gets more waves than the sling) and have found that ppl under 30( or look the part anyways) never wave or even return a hello at a stop light, so is not crotch rocket rider but my generation type of mentality, they are too cool to acknowledge another human being.

However nothing is a bad a the BMW community (which I just joined after getting one for my daily drive) no camaraderie there, it is all about who's **** is bigger.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I also own a Jeep(gets more waves than the sling) and have found that ppl under 30( or look the part anyways) never wave or even return a hello at a stop light, so is not crotch rocket rider but my generation type of mentality, they are too cool to acknowledge another human being.

However nothing is a bad a the BMW community (which I just joined after getting one for my daily drive) no camaraderie there, it is all about who's **** is bigger.

back in the 70's when my father had a Porsche 911 and I had a 356C one of the things I loved about the Porsche community was that whenever you passed another Porsche coming the other way everyone would flash their headlights

• I also own a Jeep(gets more waves than the sling) and have found that ppl under 30( or look the part anyways) never wave or even return a hello at a stop light, so is not crotch rocket rider but my generation type of mentality, they are too cool to acknowledge another human being.

You’re probably not looking at your phone....they are acknoledging you with a text message...

I can practically feel the dejection from passing drivers in what they think is their new hot car....then they see me...and it’s the old forehead slap.....I coulda had one of those...

• I’m not worried about doing my thing...but it only takes two bikes until you’re outnumbered... there are several biker gangs around that could have a bad reaction to my “sweet, way more expensive, more attention getting, more powerful, cool ride” and that is why I’m always packing......

• You’re probably not looking at your phone....they are acknoledging you with a text message...

I can practically feel the dejection from passing drivers in what they think is their new hot car....then they see me...and it’s the old forehead slap.....I coulda had one of those...

that is one thing about riding the Slingshot - - even people in so called super cars crane their necks around checking you out at lights. I even had a guy in a brand new Bentley who followed me for several blocks slowing down to get behind me and then pulling up along side before finally rolling down his window at a light to ask me "how fast does it go"

• that is one thing about riding the Slingshot - - even people in so called super cars crane their necks around checking you out at lights. I even had a guy in a brand new Bentley who followed me for several blocks slowing down to get behind me and then pulling up along side before finally rolling down his window at a light to ask me "have you got any Grey Poupon?"

Fixed it for ya.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)