Pissing off a Harley Rider

• Well today I finally had my fill. We all have had people ask if our beloved Slingshots are Spyders.

Well, today I was gassing up and a guy pulled in on a big, loud Harley.

He asked "How can you ride a Purple Spyder like that?"

I said, "Well how can you ride on a Black GOLDWING like that?"

Yep, I thought the A$$ beating was about to begin.

He just looked at me like I was stupid.

• Goldwings seem to be priced in the same range as Harley's, so maybe you should have accused him of riding a Kawasaki/Suzuki/Yamaha!
    I must admit that I've heard more negative comments about bikes different from theirs from HD owners than any other brand. Also remind him that the Slingshot is made-in-America!

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I love Harley's and always will nothing like it in the world. My wife just won't let me have them anymore. That being said I don't think I would trade my slingshot for any Harley.

• We still have 2 Harleys in the garage. The Harley bashing from Slingshot riders is about as bad as the Slingshot bashing from the Harley riders. My wife and I are on both sides. There are two Harleys in our garage, a 2005 with 55k on it, and a 2012 with 24K on it. Neither leak, and only one has in it's lifetime (the 2005). The Slingshot I got leaked from the angle drive driveshaft input the very day I got it home. I'm not bashing, just stating facts.

I know that the dude on the Harley didn't know what he was talking about. I'm just so tired of hearing from both sides about how the other is so "bad". Most of the bikes I've met (yes, most of the Harleys too) seem to be at least interested in the SS. This stuff about them and us needs to stop. I get your frustration... but it was ONE person (A$$holes are everywhere, and own anything you can imagine). How many waves or yells to you get? How many thumbs up? Does it overrule the sarcasm? From my experience it does, and by far.

This subject is starting to resemble the "left" and the "right" in politics. At some point, someone needs to say F^@% it and just move on. I know I did. I own 2 Harleys, one Slingshot, and the latter gets most of the saddle time. Anyone doesn't like that... I don't care. It's my life... I will live it as I choose. Hoping others will move on as well.

My $.02

• And then there's the tale of two forums...more of the same. If you judge everyone you come across, you'll often come out on top.
    People are people. Enjoy those who are worth your time and don't waste your time on the rest. Period.

My $.02

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• :00008356:

I get the Thumbs down most of the time from the Harley fellas and ladies. Ohhh well ..

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• My Harley buddies gave me a ration of shit until the Sling left em like they were standing still .... I will always love Harley's but I have definitely moved on !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• In the last 16 years I have had 4 Harley's, 2 BMW's, a Goldwing, and a Spyder. Loved them all, the spyder not as much. There were good things and BAD things about all of them. Each group had its hard core members but for the most part everyone was very friendly. There were some D...Heads but they're in every group. ( none in the SS crowd ). Since I got the Slingshot last September I have definitely gotten more attention than any of the bikes above. There are things I miss about 2 wheels but it is getting to dangerous out there especially here in the city. The SS offers a little more protection and visual presence. And I must add, it is a blast to drive. Crazy thing is I get waves from bikes all the time. Most of the time I get caught off guard because I don't expect a bike to wave at the SS. These slings have a lot of fans out there.

Dochatley
    Dallas, Texas