a silly question - 1/4 mile

• for those who have actually run your Slingshot through a standing 1/4 mile what is your fastest time? I would love to here the best times people have gotten with the stock SS and what times you got with various mods?

also 0-60 times would be fun to hear as well.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• You know I'm curious too. I've seen alpha post up theirs with auto and turbo but what about stock, basic bolt ons and Forced induction but tranny stock.
    Post em!

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• for those who have actually run your Slingshot through a standing 1/4 mile what is your fastest time? I would love to here the best times people have gotten with the stock SS and what times you got with various mods?

also 0-60 times would be fun to hear as well.

What is that in kilometers/hour ???? then I could answer. :00008172::00008084::00008084::00008040:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• What is that in kilometers/hour ???? then I could answer. :00008172::00008084::00008084::00008040:

0 to 60 MPH would be equal to 0 to 96.56 kilometers per hour :00008172: :00008084: :00008084: :00008040:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Took mine out Wednesday. I’ll show you my last and quickest run. Supercharged, Bullet Speed top (canvas off), Welter dual exhaust. Was still around 80 degrees here in Indiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• Great reaction time. Too bad you had that much tire spin

Actually that was very little tire spin that I could tell. Hooked up way better than earlier in the night. Most other runs were spun up 2-3 times per run.

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• Great reaction time. Too bad you had that much tire spin

I wish I could get on a quarter-mile track see where my slingshot would do bug NHRA has not qualified the slingshot in Oregon.

I have done a few whole shots and found if I come out about 4000 RPM and then when it starts grabbing tractions slowly add more power to it. The theory is you reduce the amount of wheels spin and looking for tire grab.
    Mind you I am no professional by any means just something that I had tried a few times

• 1.8 60' times are very achievable and that will bring your ET way down. Not knowing how much boost you are running it is hard to guess what your ET should/could be but on a prepped track there is a lot of room for improvement in the 60'. My first launch at the track was so bad that I backed up and staged up again. Then they got progressively better. Out of the three passes I made the best 60' was either a 1.862 or 1.826 Don't remember for sure and too early in the morning to go digging for the ticket. I believe the best mph of the three was 91mph but the best mph and best ET was not on the same run. I was running a Toyo T1R tire so nothing special there. I'll try it again one of these days but right now I'm having a hard enough time just finding time to ride period. Life sure gets in the way of having fun sometimes. LOL

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• Let me know how. I launched at about 2000 and fed it slowly I thought. Of course tire effects it too. BF Goodrich Comp T/A almost worn out.

• Not to be a smart ass or give you a short answer but if you weren't slipping the tire or the belt then you weren't trying hard enough. The last pass of the three that I made I eased it into the light between 4k and 4,500rpm As I came out on the clutch I applied enough throttle to keep it from bogging. As you can see from the pictures of the time slips I had a good run going on that 8.07 pass. It could have possibly been a 8.00 or a real high 7.90 but it broke loose in second gear to the extent that I had to peddle it. It's been many a year since I've drag raced a stick shift car so I am far from a professional.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• No Ghost you aren’t being a smart ass. Any information is good information. The last one I tried really hard not to spin it up and it was my best run. Sometimes my foot gets real heavy way too quick since I’ve never had a vehicle that could break the rear loose without trying at the track. My old motorcycle was the quickest but I left almost like normal and then let it eat, because I was worried of flipping it.