Polaris has agreed to install an external antenna on my sling mounting it on the rear deck.

• Polaris placed the antenna horizontally (don't know if it is front-to-back or sideways) under the rear deck, IIRC. I have mine temporarily installed under the dash sideways and get decent reception with a Planet Audio PGR35B radio, although the same position with an earlier radio (a Lanzar unit) didn't work as well, only pulling in nearby stations. I bought a radio antenna extension cable, but I can't find it. If I can find it, I probably will mount it either vertically on the side of the fin or on top of the rear deck.

• Paid under my warranty hopefully I will be able to get some clear stations now. slippery

Sent from my iPad using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

Hope it is aesthetically pleasing as well as functioning. Best of luck.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Showing my age here - As a kid I remember that AM stations broadcast using vertical polarization and vertical antennas work best for AM reception. Modern FM, though, uses a combination of vertical and horizontal polarization, so slanted or horizontal positioning of the antenna, as most modern vehicles have, isn't as bad as I thought it was. A simple Google search set me straight! (When I was in High School, I took Electronics for 3 years and we didn't cover transistors and early ICs until the 3rd year)! In other words, I know just enough to be dangerous.

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().

• How do we go about getting Polaris to do this? I'm so tired of never listening to radio because the reception is craptastic

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Call Polaris and file a complaint listing your previous attempts to get it resolved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• oh wow, that's not bad. did you just unplug behind the stereo and plug this in its place then re route up?
    i wonder if they have a smaller one. what's the name of this one? I'll check online for it!
    also, where did you get that nice ss toy?!

• Got that at target been about a year ago and we had to go to a bunch of stores to find a few. Probably can find one on line antenna is about 10 inch long. Can't remember name of it but works great. You can also hide it under the dash

• Got that at target been about a year ago and we had to go to a bunch of stores to find a few. Probably can find one on line antenna is about 10 inch long. Can't remember name of it but works great. You can also hide it under the dash

Kuryakin makes a model 853 tune trapper for motorcycles. Gets pretty good reviews, and can be placed behind radio as it bends some. Pretty happy with mine, but also combined with the amp available at slingmods.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app