Made a Sun / Wind / Rain Visor

• Wow great info...I was just thinking about how I could make a sunvisor and like magic we have one...

Did you consider using a tinted plexiglass? I'm thinking strictly as a sun visor and a clear one wouldn't be much good. I might take it one step farther and make it a bifold with the top several inches black and tinted under it so you can see through it...like car visors...you can't see through the visor but when you add the slightly tinted one to it ...it's just better.

Mine is a kind of gray, I'll gonna buy a tinted one soon, it is not so expensive. I'm also buying one made out of LEXAN "shatter proofed.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I'm not really a mm kinda guy...so in English what is the measurement of the square bar...is it 1" X 1" or what....

And I have another idea...instead of using the bar with just two slots...if you used one with four slots...you could use black lexan on the front and a tinted one on the back.... The front one would be high and the tinted one would stick down so you could see through it in sunny conditions...if you picture what I mean...or use the same bar you have and use longer screws and stack them black sticking up and tinted sticking down to help the air flow a little better..

• I'm not really a mm kinda guy...so in English what is the measurement of the square bar...is it 1" X 1" or what....

And I have another idea...instead of using the bar with just two slots...if you used one with four slots...you could use black lexan on the front and a tinted one on the back.... The front one would be high and the tinted one would stick down so you could see through it in sunny conditions...if you picture what I mean...or use the same bar you have and use longer screws and stack them black sticking up and tinted sticking down to help the air flow a little better..

the size is 0.7874 " square. Here are different types which they sell.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Ok, I'm in the process or ordering everything I need...they make those balls in different sizes ( different strength). Has there been any issue using the 1" ball and connectors? Would you upgrade to 1.5" ball?

So far after about 500 miles I've had not issues with the 1" ram Mount balls.

• Another fantastic idea, for slings, by slingshot owners. Great Job @mytoy. Thank you for providing the parts list, I think this may be a fall project for me.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Prototype visor. I have marine solid black that has the exact texture as the plastic on our hoods. So it should look like a factory accessory when I'm done.

There will be about an inch and a half gap on the back edge. I still have to figure out how to shape the outside edges. And still waiting for some more parts.

• OK for all you guys doing visors, a word of advice, if you use dark acrylic you WILL NOT see thru it at nite. Use clear acrylic at first this way you can use your glasses, or sunglasses during daytime or helmet with dark/clear visors. I've got a pretty good set-up ( possibly coming into production) that provides retractable visors that do not move even at high speeds ( warp 6/7) and thru worm holes and time travel. However with that said my wife prefers the darker lens but for all around driving clear is the way to go.....2c
    Live long and prosper....

• Just took it for a shake down ride. Everything went well for being only attached to the front square bar it didn't move much. I was concerned the back end of it would flop around in the wind but it stayed pretty still with slight 1/4" fluctuations. I mounted 3/8" rubber squares under the back edge to keep it from making noise. If at some point it would worsen I will fasten it in the middle. Pretty happy and a big thank you to mytoy. Couldn't have done it without you.

• Just took it for a shake down ride. Everything went well for being only attached to the front square bar it didn't move much. I was concerned the back end of it would flop around in the wind but it stayed pretty still with slight 1/4" fluctuations. I mounted 3/8" rubber squares under the back edge to keep it from making noise. If at some point it would worsen I will fasten it in the middle. Pretty happy and a big thank you to mytoy. Couldn't have done it without you.

That's what we are her for in our great forum. Look cool. :thumbsup::thumbsup: