Why does everyone want to race me?

• One yesterday and one today...guy in a full size Chevy van and a guy in a full size SUV...two giant sleds. .I let them beat me...only because they both were at locations where I know cops always set up speed traps..both were at red lights....I was just out joy riding...and I actually like it when there is someone In front of me that wants to go faster than I do....they are the decoys. I tuck in behind them keeping a close eye out for there brake lights to come on. Almost Sure sign of a cop ahead of us..and I can let them get the ticket...

• I know here in Colorado people want to race all the time...mostly because altitude kills these things. One of the guys locally took his to the track and it pulled a painfully slow 15.2 1/4 mile. I personally love seeing this because mine is boosted and when people don't know...it's fun to embarrass them. Added to the kill list has been an SRT8 Challenger and a Porsche Carrera 4S over the last few weeks along with a host of WRX's and a lot of other imports that run 13-14 second 1/4 mile.

I'm just glad the Porsche and the SRT8 were on a roll because traction is not my friend.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

What is even funnier is when my wife (a redhead) is on her way home from work, minding her own business, and a younger guy in a Slingshot pulls up next to her at a red light for the on ramp to 95 with his stereo blaring, looks at her, revs his engine, and bumps the clutch a couple times.

She calmly reaches down, clicks it in track mode, engages the launch control, the light turns green, and she teaches the kid a valuable life lesson that its not safe to assume. He might catch up to her some day ... she tops out about 180 with the lower performance gearing.

You just never know the skills of the driver lined up next to you ............. wink-squared

• I find that just driving around causes everyone around you to rev and squeal their tires. The Sling just has that look of..."Let's Go"

I've watched a lot of people get themselves into trouble all because they are watching me, and not the cop car that is in the cross traffic or oncoming lane. Or, once.....right behind them, lol.

It's all about situational awareness.

• I was out "charging my battery" this morning, enjoying the low 80's. I looked in my mirror and saw this red sports car switching lanes and coming up on me in a hurry. It was an Audi R8. He stayed beside me for awhile and kept gassing it. So I was rolling in 2nd and nailed it smoking my tire all the way to 3rd and continued to smoke the tire. I gotta tell ya that damn V10 in that $170K car can put the horsepower down. He spanked me. After that was over he slowed down and wanted to talk so we pulled into a gas station and talked. He was really impressed that my little 4 cylinder toy could stay with his supercar like I did. When I told him how much these thing costs I think I hurt his feelings. :00008356:

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Well, at first i thought the simple answer was you had a slower grey slingshot. Then I checked and you have the fast RED one, so that's not the reason

No Phil I have the slow blue one. It was a fast red Audi R8.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Rob, I KNOW you have the Blue one - dirty as it was in Texas. I was talking to Bigdog.

I don't suppose you've changed your mind and decided to come along on the trip in a couple of weeks?

Cant this year Phil, hopefully next though. Work kinda gets in the way.

~Mark Twain~

• I smoked a vet whole-shot to about 130mph this past Sunday ~> he pulled ahead shortly after as I eased up on the pedal (haven't topped out the new sling yet... but didn't need to go faster on that road we were on). I have to say: I'm feeling pretty bad-ass right about now!

Still, I've noticed lots of people are now revving their motors at lights, signalling they want to race ~> something that has only happened once in a while... I think it's the gargle the new SC is making?! Either way, I was feeling confident yesterday and got on it ~> my SS didn't disappoint! :thumbup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I get the stop light revs all the time. When I choose to engage they are usually rather surprised at the results. And I'm still NA.

13 months of ownership and still have yet to be pulled over. *Knock on wood* If I was a betting man I would have lost the bet on when I expected to get my first ticket in this street legal go-cart.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1