helmet - do you use one?

• Well, My Bikerhelmets.com Carbonator with peak came today and I love it. Much smaller and lighter than the Skidlid 1/2 helmet it will replace and much better looking

Check it out here

It as close to not wearing a helmet as you can get :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I use a full face helmet anytime I am planning on riding at a speed of sixty or more. My cap would blow off and the helmet saved my face one time on the highway when a rock kicked up from a truck and hit me square in the face.

• Im in Cali and dont ride with a helmet. I wear my seat belt everywhere but only carry the helmets "just in case". Several cases have gone to court in Cali for a helmet law but since our vehicles are different they get dismissed with no fine. On TDS there are case numbers for reference of dismissals and well if you dismiss one now you gotta dismiss others!

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• I'm in CA and I wear a helmet. My life is more important then anything else and I want to make sure I see my kids grow old.
    I have several helmets from flat black to smexy red.

Oh and I have both half and full but mainly use full for the safety

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

• I can agree somewhat. I feel if I'm in an accident in my sling(knock on wood I dont) the sling will not stand up to a good impact vs another vehicle and therefore a helmet would not make a difference. Even supercharged I dont plan on driving my hard enough to teach her to roll over and play dead! I get the fact of wanting extra safety tho! grin-squared

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• I can agree somewhat. I feel if I'm in an accident in my sling(knock on wood I dont) the sling will not stand up to a good impact vs another vehicle and therefore a helmet would not make a difference. Even supercharged I dont plan on driving my hard enough to teach her to roll over and play dead! I get the fact of wanting extra safety tho! grin-squared

True and I do believe the same however remember, it's not you that will cause the accident, it's the person too busy on the phone or eating or something else that will cause it and most likely not get a scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• For me to many reasons to wear a helmet than not stones from tires, or any kind of road debris thrown from tires or falling off other vehicles. Heck, a june bug in the forehead at 75mph will knock you out! Not to mention I have a bald head and sun burn hurts lol. My wife rides her own bike so we have bike to bike communications. Only reason not to wear one is to look badass and I am way to old to look badass its more like sadass at my age lol.

Its whatever you feel is right for you and your choice either way have fun and enjoy the ride.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• "I feel if I'm in an accident in my sling(knock on wood I dont) the sling will not stand up to a good impact vs another vehicle and therefore a helmet would not make a difference."

With the pictures that I have seen so far of SlingShots that have been in an accident, I must say that I have been impressed with how they have fared, especially in how well the passenger compartment has remained protected and intact, much better than I anticipated or expected.

Bill

• "I feel if I'm in an accident in my sling(knock on wood I dont) the sling will not stand up to a good impact vs another vehicle and therefore a helmet would not make a difference."

With the pictures that I have seen so far of SlingShots that have been in an accident, I must say that I have been impressed with how they have fared, especially in how well the passenger compartment has remained protected and intact, much better than I anticipated or expected.

Bill

Space frame construction is very strong. if you look at the frame under the body of something like a funny car you will find a tubular space frame that is not all that much different than what we have and those things seem to survive some very horrific crashes.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies