A little help from you Mechanics

• We have a Honda SUV and a few weeks ago when you turn the key over the lights kind of flicker and it slow starts (sounds like it doesn't want to start and then turns over and starts). I thought it may need a new battery (still haven't bought a battery as we don't drive it often) any way it was doing that for a few weeks and made me think maybe it's not a battery as it would have died by now? Then today I go to start it and get that "click click click" sound like a dead battery however all my lights/gauges ect all light up brightly like the battery is good, I try again..click click click... wait a second try again and it starts up.... I was gonna go pick up my 3 year old (almost 4) from daycare but didn't want to get stuck so I took the SS instead.
    Anyway what say you mechanics.... starter is bad/going bad? or what is most likely culprit for something like this? Thanks

• Probably battery... I just had the same issue on my daily driver... Thankfully I purchased battery at Costco and they replaced it for free under the 3 year warranty.... Died before 3 years. I figure I can keep that up and never buy a battery again!

Lol... Not really... Maybe? 8|

• I haven't hooked jumper cables to it yet, also side note normally when I drive it to my sons daycare (less than 1/2 a mile away) go in get him come back out it started right up with out the slow start.
    I just assumed if it was battery after these few weeks and we really only drive it 1 or 2 times a week to pick up my kid from daycare and that's it so no real driving for alternator to charge the battery I thought the battery would be completely dead by now if it was the issue..... I'm not a mechanic so my thought could be wayyyyyy off lol
    Edit.. not daily driver, it was my wifes until I started working from home now she drives the truck and the Honda just gets used when kid needs picking up lol

• Before I say battery, it wouldn't surprise me to see corrosion on the battery terminals causing the issues. But you're in hot TX (same here in Florida) so battery life isn't the best. If it's older than 4 years, you probably need one as well

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Before I say battery, it wouldn't surprise me to see corrosion on the battery terminals causing the issues. But you're in hot TX (same here in Florida) so battery life isn't the best. If it's older than 4 years, you probably need one as well

I agree with @funinthesun my bet is the battery because you do not drive enough to keep it charged up, which also affects the life of the battery. Second and could be helping create the problem is corrision on the battery terminal's. I just replaced a one year old battery from Auto Zone (not the cheap one) 100% replacement. So just because it does not have a lot of age on it, means nothing.

• I agree with @funinthesun my bet is the battery because you do not drive enough to keep it charged up, which also affects the life of the battery. Second and could be helping create the problem is corrision on the battery terminal's. I just replaced a one year old battery from Auto Zone (not the cheap one) 100% replacement. So just because it does not have a lot of age on it, means nothing.

Yep again! My positive terminal was super corroded! Blue chalky stuff all over it... Cleaned it, but nah, battery was shot and wouldn't hold charge... It was about 2 years old. But with driving the Slingshot more often, it didn't get used as much... Well, free replacements for life! :thumbup:

Now if only Costco sold a battery for the Slingshot... 8|:whistling:

What group is it again? Will look next time... :D