Hugger fender info

• Side note .... my Kawasaki dealers doesn't sell those items nor can they even order them and the number on the card isn't a valid part number for Kawasaki

If they can't get you the lawn mower parts they should change their name..

Kawasaki, like Honda, and Fuji heavy Industries (Subaru, many Polaris parts, etc.) is one of the largest global manufacturers of everything from lawn mowers to airplanes, to cargo ships, to heavy industrial equipment ....

Industrial Equipment | Kawasaki Heavy Industries

Probably cannot get parts for one of the Kawasaki built Japanese defense department submarines at your local Kawasaki motorcycle dealer either ....

......... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Well after looking closely at the swing arm it appears to be a hollow casting. So when he says he's drilling all the way through. He means through one side wall not the entire swing arm From being a maintenance welder in a steel mill I've seen and fixed every kind of equipment failure you can describe. So I know what will cause structural failures in metal and drilling a hole through the swing arm had it been solid at that critical stress point could..... Could weaken it. Even drilling a hole in one side of the hollow arm at this particular area I'm not crazy about. But since I don't intend to brutalize my swing arm doing burn outs and drifting. It should be ok.

So does this mean I need to cancel my order for the purple slotted and cross drilled rotors I just ordered? I dont want weak rotors and not be able to stop my sling from 140 mph! I'm hella corn-fused now!?! doubtful-squaredwink-squared

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

Edited once, last by STYLN ().

• Well after looking closely at the swing arm it appears to be a hollow casting. So when he says he's drilling all the way through. He means through one side wall not the entire swing arm From being a maintenance welder in a steel mill I've seen and fixed every kind of equipment failure you can describe. So I know what will cause structural failures in metal and drilling a hole through the swing arm had it been solid at that critical stress point could..... Could weaken it. Even drilling a hole in one side of the hollow arm at this particular area I'm not crazy about. But since I don't intend to brutalize my swing arm doing burn outs and drifting. It should be ok.

Seriously Dude?! You thought it was solid? Even after participating in the 'recall on the recall' thread? Yeah, right. If it was solid & they wanted you to drill all the way through, they would have to include an 18 inch drill bit!!!!! Your self-justification makes zero sense. You constantly & consistently post & ask for advice & then proceed to shoot down that advice or totally ignore it. Why bother asking in the first place since you seem to already know everything?! I, for one, will no longer waste my time attempting to assist you.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

along with that long ass tap, they'd have sent you one long ass screw...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• In the thread about swing arm failure. Swing arm failure

The video clearly shows the wall thickness of the swing arm. Also notice it just happened to crack right beside the factory bolt hole. So what do you think happened and why that particular spot. My concerns are very valid. Not trying to cause problems. Just want to not weaken the swing arm more than they already are

• I had the Metricks hugger on mine for over 16K miles, many of them on rough country unpaved roads around my house with no issues whatsoever. I took it off when I went to a 315 rear tire. (and offered it here for weeks, already painted in titanium for $500. I'm curious what you are investing to get the same thing, especially since the cheap black plastic one sold by vendors is 500.)

• @Bigdog,

Lemme level with you... these guys on this forum who take the time to tick out on a keyboard answers and solutions, research online for places that sell the items your looking for, have big ol hearts, and try to help with questions.

The slingshot was first sold in late 2014 and the first people to take possesion of their purchase was 2015... those guys are here, have done more to their slings since such time than most. They have dealt with, repaired, worked on, created, engineered, modified, rebuilt, and serviced every inch of the slingshot.

I cant list all the "slingshot whiz kids" on this forum because there just isnt time to name probably close to nearly 800 people, I gotta work tomorrow... (I dont make the whiz kid list fyi, I a garage gopher...)

Mama always said....
    If you ask for assistance, and someone is nice enough to stop what they are doing, and give you that assistance... even if its not what you expected, be curteous, say thanks, wait for them to walk away before you start being critical of how or what they assisted with.
    And always eat the chocolates from the center spot and corner spots... they put the best ones there. But thats irrelevant info i suppose :D

So, Im gonna quit beating round the bush (hush, tripod) and say straight up-
    People are not going to continue to answer or entertain thoughts or responses if they dont feel you appreciate it.
    Im sure your a nice feller. And Im sure you probably dont mean to sound like a "i know everything, but im going to ask questions to see if you know anything..." kind of person... and sometimes men can be kinda dense to how they come off... ||

I never met a dog i didnt wanna pet...

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• I could not have said it better myself. Thanks @Guardian_Angel If he already knows, then why in the hell is he even asking the question?

• Now Boys... be nice.. we are ALL better than those asshole weiners on TDS... :cursing:

You know as well as every other man on earth, sometimes a female has to S P E L L it out for you men.. maybe @Bigdog doesnt realize he comes across as a unappreciative kind of guy.. hey, he IS a guy... :POKESS:

Throwing you a bone @Bigdog!
    Haha, yall see what I did right there?

Edited once, last by Guardian_Angel ().

• Now Boys... be nice.. we are ALL better than those asshole weiners on TDS... :cursing:

You know as well as every other man on earth, sometimes a female has to S P E L L it out for you men.. maybe @Bigdog doesnt realize he comes across as a "i know everything but im going to ask you to see if you know also" unappreciative kind of guy.. hey, he IS a guy... :POKESS:

Throwing you a bone @Bigdog!
    Haha, yall see what I did right there?

That's only because some of us guys DO everything. I know what I know, and I know what I don't know - therefore I must know everything, right? (If A=B and B=C, then A=C, right?) ;);)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• OK, where is @airoutlaw? He has to get you under control.

my sincere apologies officer :rolleyes:
    What i meant to say was those Rearend Hotdogs. And wheres the mister of the house? He's here, and got this house blaring dire straits.. :thumbup: Its an all 80s party. Rabtechs ears would fall off if he had to listen to our music...lol

• You sound like a lady after my own heart. I've got to meet you one of these days. Stop by if you are ever in northwest Arkansas.

• You sound like a lady after my own heart. I've got to meet you one of these days. Stop by if you are ever in northwest Arkansas.

Been there once! Eureka Springs and Hot Springs on a Goldwing... it was my honeymoon :00009249:
    Thanks @HeRSling! Im not always nice... just ask the husband amazed-squaredwacky-squared sometimes, I can be downright ugly... but thats just when the alarm goes off at 430am confused-squared
    then I put make up on laugh-squared