Track Day Insurance - FOUND!

• After a pretty exhaustive search, I finally found someone that offers track coverage for our Slingshots!

XINSURANCE.com - Track Day Insurance

Everyone knows (or should know) that any standard vehicle policy will not cover incidents related to competitive racing. What you may not know is that many policies also will not cover non-competitive, HPDE or Track Day events. Some standard policies may cover non-competitive events, but after covering just one accident, they may drop you. "One-and-done" as they say. If that happens, you will probably have a hard time finding another carrier willing to take you. If you want a worry-free track experience, Track Day insurance is the way to go. It's pricey, but worth the peace of mind that you have coverage and you don't risk losing your standard street coverage.

I'm suggesting XINSURANCE.com because they are the only carrier I have found, so far, that will cover the Slingshot for motorsports events. Most motorsport/track day insurance carriers will only cover 4-wheeled cars, not motorcycles (or autocycles). Some only cover 2-wheel motorcycles, not our beloved 3-wheelers. So, we've been left out in the cold because nobody wants us... until now. As a mentioned above, it is pricey but their policy coverage is more comprehensive than typical track policies.

One-day policy for a 4-wheeler or 2-wheeler:

• My estimated premium = $200 (approximate, may not include tax/fees (T&F))
    • Coverage

• Collision only. Max. value could be based on blue-book or customer-specified, depending on carrier.

One-day/one-incident policy for a 2016 SL LE from XINSURANCE.com:

• My actual premium = $320 + T&F ($379.60 total)
    • Coverage

• Collision - I specified the max.value of $27,000 (full replacement MSRP), less a 10% deductible.
      • Basic Personal Liability (25/50/10)

• $25,000/person
        • $50,000/accident
        • $10,000 Property Damage (PD)
        • $1000 SIR-BI
        • $1000 SIR-PD
      • Options (I didn't take advantage of these, but they were noted on the quote)

• Optional liability limits #1: 50/100/20 @ $589 + T&F
        • Optional liability limits #2: 100/200/50 @ $839 + T&F
        • Other Coverages available: (Additional underwriting required and an increase in premium, if accepted)

• Limited Terrorism Coverage
          • Retroactive Coverage

Seems like a pretty fair deal considering what you get for your money. Also, I had reported a total loss on my previous SS just last year (not track related), so my cost might be a bit higher than average.

Bonus: Kudos to the rep/underwriter that worked on my account, Tyson Lindsey! Their website recommended calling their office, after completing a quote request, if you had special requests or questions. I called in on Friday morning to let them know my RFQ was very last minute (Track Day on Sunday). Tyson went way above and beyond, keeping me updated and staying until almost 9PM to get a policy emailed to me for review and acceptance. The office closed at 5pm. I filled out the forms they needed, included payment info, emailed it back on Saturday afternoon, and I received a confirmation from Tyson approximately 30 minutes later that I was good to go for hitting the track the next day. How freakin' awesome is that!?

Bottom-line: If you're taking your Slingshot to the track, I recommend getting track insurance (to protect you and your beloved SS) and I highly recommend you try XINSURANCE.com.

NOTE: I am sharing my own personal customer experience and it may vary from other customer experiences. This endorsement is unsolicited and does not entitle me to any advantage or benefit. I have no relation or affiliation with, nor do I represent in any way, XINSURANCE.com, its employees, partners, or affiliates.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."
    ― Douglas Adams