Ride for Kids - 7/16/2017

• We have a group of riders that runs out of Nielsen Enterprises in Lake Villa, IL. Nielsen’s is one of the top dealers for the Polaris Slingshot in the Country and one of the rides we do each year is the Ride for Kids through the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation (www.curethekids.org). It’s a great ride as we get to give some of the “stars” kids a ride in our super cool Slingshots as the kids love them! Our "Stars" are the young people who have survived and our dealing with brain tumors. They, along with their families, join us for the ride and to celebrate life and share their experience with all of us who work to raise funds for continued research to find a cure.

The next ride I will be part of is the 2017 Northern Indiana Ride for Kids at Pinhook Park (2801 Riverside Dr., South Bend, IN 46616) that will be June 24, 2017.

After that, we bring it on home for the Wisconsin/Chicagoland Ride for Kids at the Grand Geneva Resort (7036 Grand Geneva Way at HWYs 50 East and 12, Lake Geneva, WI 53147) on July 16, 2017.

Ride for Kids is the longest-running, most successful motorcycle charity event in the nation. Since 1984, motorcyclists have raised funds to help children with brain tumors, which are the top cause of cancer death in children. The Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation was created in 1991 by the founders of Ride for Kids, and is now the leading nonprofit funding research into childhood brain tumors. Our events also fund free educational resources, college scholarships for brain tumor survivors and emergency financial aid for families.

If you feel like making a donation (which by no means are your obligated to, you can do so at www.curethekids.org

If helping these kids with this great cause wasn’t enough awesome news – the dealership we ride out of is selling raffle tickets to give away a 2017 Polaris Slingshot. It’s even custom dressed for the Chicago Cubs [not that it can’t be changed]!!! You could own this 2017 Polaris Slingshot donated by Nielsen Enterprises of Lake Villa, IL and Polaris. The Slingshot is a three-wheeled motor vehicle combining the open air feel of a motorcycle and the handling of a race car. This Slingshot features 2 seats side by side, 5-speed manual transmission, waterproof seats and an automotive-style open cockpit, plus Chicago Cubs-themed customizations. The coolest thing on the road just got a little cooler [but not a cool as my Buckshot, the Bader Badger Slingshot]! All proceeds benefit the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. Certain restrictions apply. Drawing void where prohibited. See official rules for details. Winner will be drawn at the 2017 Chicagoland Ride for Kids July 16, 2017!

AGAIN –YOU ARE UNDER NO OBLIGATION, but I thought you might be interested – if you decide to buy tickets just don’t forget I want to ride after you pick it up

Purchase 1 ticket for $10
    Purchase 2 tickets for $20
    Purchase 3 tickets for $25 and so on

You can purchase tickets online here