What Needs to be removed to get install Hoop LEDs / Tap in to Brake Circuit?

• Hey Guys - I know that there are a few videos online of how to disassemble the back end of a slingshot but can someone tell me how much has to be disassembled to install the Hoop LEDs from TrickLED? They only reference the videos on how to completely disassemble. I want to know what I will be getting myself in to if I decide to do this on my own.

• I had to disassemble the whole nack end when I did mine. Was putting in the hoop speakers in at the same time. Was not really a big deal and I am mechanical person in the world. Don't forget the bolts that go through the taillights.

CDCAMEL6

• I look like I was drunk when I typed the above!!! Not yet at least, just poor typing on my phone!!! Meant "back end" and "I am not the most mechanical person". It could be also that senility hit me in my mid 50's!!!

CDCAMEL6

• Hey Guys - I know that there are a few videos online of how to disassemble the back end of a slingshot but can someone tell me how much has to be disassembled to install the Hoop LEDs from TrickLED? They only reference the videos on how to completely disassemble. I want to know what I will be getting myself in to if I decide to do this on my own.

Glad you asked that, I've been thinking about those.

• I'm a little late on this, but... @V-SHOT, didn't you do some disassembly to get to your roll hoops for the lights you added?

I created my own Hoop Lights. Basically, I affixed the RGB LED lights to the roll hoops, and ran a long whip (wire) down through the inside of the tranny tunnel. What helped me, I was able to pop the wires out between the two seats and behind the support bar of the Stinger top. I think I have a picture of it somewhere. At any rate, the only thing I took apart was the base of the roll hoops and the two cabin tranny panels.
    @funhouse69 you are more than welcome to shoot me a PM and I will show you how I installed my lights. Now, running them to the brake lights?!?!?! I wish I would have thought of that!!!!! I think that would work best with a jumper harness.