• That would be the steering pinch bolt at the bottom towards the front where the steering shaft attaches. That was indeed part of the recall we all had to do. Make sure that sucker is torqued down correctly cause I started with no play and ended up with play after they did that part of the recall. Took 2 trips back for them to get it right.

• That would be the steering pinch bolt at the bottom towards the front where the steering shaft attaches. That was indeed part of the recall we all had to do. Make sure that sucker is torqued down correctly cause I started with no play and ended up with play after they did that part of the recall. Took 2 trips back for them to get it right.

I have had the steering recall done, way back when. Not had any steering problems. Glad they are looking at it.

CDCAMEL6

this bolt was left loose on mine and caused one inch of play that they kept saying it was "within specs" it wasn't until another dealer took a look and found that it was just finger tight and coming off, torquing the sucker down solved the play.

The "new" recall i heard chatter about was a guy who claimed that he had all recalls done and when he took his sling to the dealer for maintenance they told him about a new recall on the steering, he raised quite a stir in FB so I called him out and asked to post the NHTSA number , it has been over 24hrs and no response so either he hasn't seen it(unlikely) or it was BS.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I still haven't swapped my swingarm. Probably won't. Mine is tested and holds up to my abusive driving. And I am still on my original bearings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

I wish I had never taken mine in for the swingarm recall.

In one of these other posts, I captured some of the issues that I had (Polaris is still pressing the bearing in backwards).

Prior to the recall, I had absolutely zero issues with my Sling. I felt very lucky compared to other's experiences.

I have been to the dealership 7 times to resolve issues introduced when the swingarm was replaced. And every week or so, there had been one issue or another pop up. ABS light, traction control light, a leaky seal, break light stays on / sticks. They replace a sensor and a week or two later it comes back on.

Not sure if the dealer's service dept is below standards or this thing just decided to turn into a POS.

Too much invested to walk away but I don't really trust it at the moment.

• Had all my recalls done last week. Fuel line, steering arm bolt, brakes rebled, swingarm and they also reflashed the ECU to fix what I referred to as a notch at top dead center on steering. At top dead center it felt like the steering was going over a cam lobe. would show up after about 10 to 20 miles driving and then had to restart the SS. Read here about the reflash fix for this. All happy now. Warranty expired Monday darn it. 1120 miles and warranty is gone. Poor Sling just wasted almost two years sitting around. Intend to fix that this upcoming riding season.

• @Live-a-Little! what was the outcome of the ABS and traction control lights? Did the dealer find anything wrong? Mine came on this past weekend. The summer performance tire really skates around on the cold asphalt when taking off.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~