Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Right or wrong, the cops were following orders. You need to go up the chain of command to find who gave the order and place the blame there.

You are sure right there @Mr. Clean!! Most all the cops I know are in it to help and protect the public....it sure ain't to get rich. If liberal higher ups tie their hands behind their back ain't much they can do. Think that Sheriff in Austin, TX is about to learn that type behavior is on its way out thank God!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• From an eye witness at the riot "Nearly 100 officers and Swat Team members were lounging in the Student Union building while rioting took place. There had to be a "stand down order" given! Here is a pic of the police during the riot:

Proud SOG Member!

Edited once, last by Painter ().

• ........... bored-squared

U.S. Capitol Police are probing the activities of several IT contractors who worked for dozens of House Democrats after they allegedly inappropriately accessed House computers, took congressional computer hardware and made questionable IT-related purchases on behalf of lawmakers.

House officials already have revoked the IT and access privileges for the five congressional IT contractors, as police investigate. No arrests have yet been made.

Fox News is told the contract employees, shared by about 40 House Democratic members, removed hundreds of thousands of dollars of equipment from offices, including computers and servers. There also were bookkeeping and inventory irregularities where the employees would purchase equipment at one price, bill the congressional office for another and potentially pocket the difference.

Fox News is told the employees made “unauthorized access” to the House computer system.
    Further, there were instances where House information was discovered in an external “cloud” server. The contractors in question reportedly were sending and storing House-related information in that off-site server.

“That violates House rules and it puts the House at risk,” a source familiar with the investigation said.

Members of Congress were told about the inquest Thursday night. The contractors are now on administrative leave while the inquiry continues.

It is unclear whether the access issues exposed the House’s networks to potential hackers or spying efforts by unfriendly nations or terrorist groups, at a time when Washington is on high alert for such cyber-activity.
    Asked if the contractors exposed the House to an espionage risk, one source replied “probably not.” Asked if the contractors could have been a front for operations deliberately trying to get House information, the source said, “We don’t know that yet.”

Police probing IT contractors for House Dems over ‘unauthorized’ computer access | Fox News

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I have to share this. My Good Friends Wife text this out of frustration. I think she hit it otta the park!

I'd like someone to say to all the protesters. If you're so much for letting in refugees and keeping illegals here. How bout instead of tax dollars supporting these people why don't we do it by volunteer . You can all sign up to take a family into your home pay for them and you can't write it off on your taxes. Madonna and all the other millionaire why don't they put them up in their 7 homes all of each have 6-7 bedrooms use some of your millions on paying for the POOR refugees instead of buying your dogs $5000 sweaters

• From an eye witness at the riot "Nearly 100 officers and Swat Team members were lounging in the Student Union building while rioting took place. There had to be a "stand down order" given! Here is a pic of the police during the riot:

I know that these orders came from above, although I am not sure that many LEO's in these uber-liberal cities could properly function if they ever got a leader who believed in enforcing the law. They have had to stand down for so long, they will absolutely need re-fresher training, as to how to actually respond to these types of situations.
    Pictures like those, along with this entire Cal-Exit/sanctuary state nonsense, etc., etc, have me hating where I live these days. The state is so beautiful, and except for this winter, when I am considering an ark a more sensible vehicle than the sling, I hate the idea of moving...... My business dealings are here, as well as my kid, so until the state pushes me further........ I stay, but sure not feeling the love for the state. (For you guys who have been around awhile- remember when CA was a lot more conservative?? OK- not alt-right, but Pete Wilson.... Remember when we had a backbone on immigration? think back to the 80's & 90's.......)

• I know that these orders came from above, although I am not sure that many LEO's in these uber-liberal cities could properly function if they ever got a leader who believed in enforcing the law. They have had to stand down for so long, they will absolutely need re-fresher training, as to how to actually respond to these types of situations.

Funny you say that because I heard a Border Patrol supervisor say the same the other day .....

They have been so limited in their actions and resources for the last 8 years that many are not properly prepared for renewed enforcement regs with newer hires needing retraining .......

..... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The only thing what I don't like so far If President Trump bashes Germany because supposedly they use the euro exchange to enrich them self. DUUGHH. So far they (Germany) paid and supported almost all of them.
    Plus what is the difference if hes MOTO is (President Trump) I'll take care of our country and people.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• DISCLAIMER:
    I have not researched the entire facts of the following statements. Feel free to do that if you want - I'd love to know the facts as they are and to stand corrected if they are not true. if however, they are true, this country should get their heads out of their asses and help make it GREAT AGAIN

PAUL RYAN'S PROPOSED BUDGET CUTS

A List of Republican Budget Cuts

Notice S.S. And the military are NOT on this list.

These are all the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting. Read to the end.

* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy -- $445 million annual savings.
    * Save America 's Treasures Program -- $25 million annual savings.
    * International Fund for Ireland -- $17 million annual savings.
    * Legal Services Corporation -- $420 million annual savings.
    * National Endowment for the Arts -- $167.5 million annual savings.
    * National Endowment for the Humanities -- $167.5 million annual savings.
    * Hope VI Program -- $250 million annual savings.
    * Amtrak Subsidies -- $1.565 billion annual savings.
    * Eliminate duplicating education programs -- H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon , eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
    * U.S. Trade Development Agency -- $55 million annual savings.
    * Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy -- $20 million annual savings.
    * Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding -- $47 million annual savings.
    * John C. Stennis Center Subsidy -- $430,000 annual savings.
    * Community Development Fund -- $4.5 billion annual savings.
    * Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid -- $24 million annual savings.
    * Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half -- $7.5 billion annual savings
    * Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20% -- $600 million annual savings.
    * Essential Air Service -- $150 million annual savings.
    * Technology Innovation Program -- $70 million annual savings.
    *Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program -- $125 million annual savings..
    * Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization -- $530 million annual savings.
    * Beach Replenishment -- $95 million annual savings.
    * New Starts Transit -- $2 billion annual savings.
    * Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts -- $9 million annual savings
    * Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants -- $2.5 billion annual savings.
    * Title X Family Planning -- $318 million annual savings.
    * Appalachian Regional Commission -- $76 million annual savings.
    * Economic Development Administration -- $293 million annual savings.
    * Programs under the National and Community Services Act -- $1.15 billion annual savings.
    * Applied Research at Department of Energy -- $1.27 billion annual savings.
    * Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership -- $200 million annual savings..
    * Energy Star Program -- $52 million annual savings.
    *Economic Assistance to Egypt -- $250 million annually.
    * U.S. Agency for International Development -- $1.39 billion annual savings.
    * General Assistance to District of Columbia -- $210 million annual savings.
    * Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority -- $150 million annual savings.
    *Presidential Campaign Fund -- $775 million savings over ten years.
    * No funding for federal office space acquisition -- $864 million annual savings.
    * End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
    * Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act -- More than $1 billion annually.
    * IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury,
    instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget -- $1.8 billion savings over ten years.
    *Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees -- $1 billion total savings.WHAT'S THIS ABOUT?
    * Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees -- $1.2 billion savings over ten years.
    * Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of -- $15 billion total savings.
    *Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress. WHAT???
    * Eliminate Mohair Subsidies -- $1 million annual savings.
    *Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -- $12.5 million annual savings.WELL ISN'T THAT SPECIAL
    * Eliminate Market Access Program -- $200 million annual savings.
    * USDA Sugar Program -- $14 million annual savings.
    * Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) -- $93 million annual savings.
    * Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program -- $56.2 million annual savings.
    *Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs -- $900 million savings.
    * Ready to Learn TV Program -- $27 million savings..
    * HUD Ph.D. Program.
    * Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.
    *TOTAL SAVINGS: $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years

My question is, what is all this doing in the budget in the first place?!
    Maybe this is why the Democrats are attacking Paul Ryan.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Trump Progress Report:

He did all of these things and renegotiated
    the F-35 fighter jet which resulted in a 9% savings!

1.Trump erased all mentions on the White House web site of “climate change.” He did that within ONE HOUR of taking the oath of office.

2.Trump issued an Executive order to “ease the burden of Obamacare”

3.Trump returned the bust of Winston Churchill to the oval office

4.Trump withdrew America from the TPP treaty

5.Trump erased all Spanish language from the White House web site. It is now “English Only.”

6.Trump issued an Executive order starting the construction of “THE WALL.”

7.Trump issued an Executive order banning funding to foreign pro-abortion groups

8.Trump's new Secretary of Defense, James ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis, took the fight to ISIS by bombing them 31 times on his first day as the new Secretary of Defense

9.Trump announced temporary ban on refugees from Syria and Middle Eastern war zones

10.Trump imposed a media blackout at the Environmental Protection Agency and barred staff from awarding new contracts or grants

11.Trump announced a ban on visas from dangerous Muslim-majority countries with inadequate screening

12.Trump announced the end of “Sanctuary cities” and the defunding of federal funds for any city that chooses to continue breaking the law

13.Trump announced the hiring of 10,000 new border agents

14.Trump signed an Executive order demanding the Secretary of Homeland Security publish a weekly list of violent crimes committed by illegal aliens

15.Trump signed an Executive order freezing the hiring of non-essential federal employees

16.Trump said out loud the words “radical Islamic terrorism.”

17.Trump stopped payment on Obama’s final hour giveaway of $220 million to the Palestinian Authority

18.Trump used Executive orders to give the go-ahead to the long-stalled Keystone and Dakota Access Pipelines

19.Trump got the State Department’s entire senior management team to resign in frustration.

20.Trump announced his intention to withdraw From Climate & Environmental Accords Along With UN Funding Cuts of 40%

21.Trump tweeted “Ungrateful TRAITOR Chelsea Manning, who should never have been released from prison, is now calling President Obama a weak leader. Terrible!”

22.Trump announced he’ll begin a major investigation into voter fraud in the 2016 election

23.Trump got the chief of the Border Patrol to leave the agency in frustration at having to actually do his job!

24.State Dept. Arms Control chief fired while on airplane; Trump, told to turn around and fly back!

25.Miami-Dade mayor orders jails to comply with Trump crackdown on ‘sanctuary’ counties

26.Trump White House abruptly halts Obamacare ads.

27. Trump appoints Neil Gorsuch to U.S. Supreme Court, a Justice in the mold of Antonin Scalia

...and all this in less than two weeks in office. More to come!

He said we would get tired of winning. I'm not there yet, but this is a pretty darn good start. You can tell that he's doing a great job---
    just look at the people he's pissing off.

[/quote]
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• My question is, what is all this doing in the budget in the first place?!
    Maybe this is why the Democrats are attacking Paul Ryan.

I don't necessarily think everything on that list needs to be cut, but there is definitely some savings to be had there. I'd also be looking into funds for other nations, particularly those that don't like us (humanitarian aid to North Korea? Egypt?). And I think we should shift subsidies from the big farmers to the little ones and organic ones. But that's just me.

• I don't care of you like or hate him, I find it refreshing that President is actually keeping his campaign promises. Remember when Obama campaigned on a transparent government? It took hackers to make that happen and then they accused Russia of rigging the election for giving us the facts.