Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• great idea for the parents who can afford to pay 13,000 a year for each of their kids - - - I highly suspect the government will never pay because if they did they would lose their ability to indoctrinate our children through the school system

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• U.S. School Spending Per Pupil Increased for Fifth Consecutive Year, U.S. Census Bureau Reports

MAY 21, 2019
    — The amount spent per pupil for public elementary and secondary education (prekindergarten through 12th grade) for all 50 states and the District of Columbia increased by 3.7% to $12,201 per pupil during the 2017 fiscal year, compared to $11,763 per pupil in 2016, according to new tables released today by the U.S. Census Bureau.

Code
    1. I copied and pasted
    2. the above figure. We are already not far
    3. off the $13k per year figure already. Where is all the $$$ going already?? Don’t know why this crazy “code” comment is like this 😂

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• U.S. School Spending Per Pupil Increased for Fifth Consecutive Year, U.S. Census Bureau Reports

MAY 21, 2019
    — The amount spent per pupil for public elementary and secondary education (prekindergarten through 12th grade) for all 50 states and the District of Columbia increased by 3.7% to $12,201 per pupil during the 2017 fiscal year, compared to $11,763 per pupil in 2016, according to new tables released today by the U.S. Census Bureau.

Code
    1. I copied and pasted
    2. the above figure. We are already not far
    3. off the $13k per year figure already. Where is all the $$$ going already?? Don’t know why this crazy “code” comment is like this 😂

Bureaucracy, government waste, unions, property maintenance, social safety net programs and after school programs - - - and God only knows what else

I remember way back in 1984 when California first decided to get involved in having a lottery with proposition 37 - at the time California schools were rated fairly good as far a schools in the country go and in the push for the lottery we were told how this would put more money into making schools much better and taxes could be lower - - well here we are some 36 years later, our taxes never went down, heck they just kept going up and in that same time with all of that extra money brought in by the lottery California schools have fallen to some of the lowest ranked in the country - - - liberal left leaning tax and spend policies that love to use any money they have to grow bigger government and I would bet that in comparative dollars adjusted for inflation there is probably less that actually makes it to the classroom

for every dollar they spend on actual education they probably have 4 or five government employees who are getting paid more than the teachers, deciding how to spend that 1 dollar - - - - - - and they just keep asking for more - - - - - - government SUCKS at efficiently doing much of anything :rolleyes:

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• One of our local school districts (DSUSD) just gave the top district officials a 13% raise - - and now they are talking about not giving any raise to the teachers because of covid - - district says the supervisors have had to work harder because of covid

a$$ holes - government a$$ holes!

• With all the fake news out there you can’t really verify anything but a friend sent me this today...

I can only hope this is fake news or some asshole just trying to promote violence. If it is true I hope LEO is trying to track them down. Our country is slipping away on a collision course resulting in racial warfare. Somebody in authority has to do SOMETHING!!

• With all the fake news out there you can’t really verify anything but a friend sent me this today...

I can only hope this is fake news or some asshole just trying to promote violence. If it is true I hope LEO is trying to track them down. Our country is slipping away on a collision course resulting in racial warfare. Somebody in authority has to do SOMETHING!!

that......is the deep states plan.....divided by race, religion, sex, politics......divided we fall.....if we “fall” for their plan we are doomed....

so on one side is the KKK and on the other is BLM.....both terrorist groups...????

there are eggheads that will take that terrorist threat seriously....I hope the FBI, HLS is on it....

• My fear is the foundations of this movement. "Pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon", "What do we want? Dead cops, when do we want them"? Now." Indications of terrorists from the weather underground? Its ripe to get out of control even if it's not within the organization itself it's encouraging spin offs with no control. Why don't they condemn or even care about black lives lost in the inner cities. Look at the violence against police officers. I'll bet there are many more police lives lost do to this movement than the actual movement is based upon. Let alone the police injuries.

Just as sickening or even more is the inability of a certain political party to even explore the other side of things for a fear of loosing votes and the media to push one side. It will destroy the country for what? Votes.

• So if Breitbart said it was fake it would be ok. Come On man....

OH NO - if I wasn’t clear - factual news is more the exception than the norm with political bias reported as news across the entire spectrum. The Washington Post just appears to me to be worse than many. Would you stake your life that the WP didn’t ask somebody living in a cave about the post if it was fake news then reported it as such? And Yes Sir - Breitbart spins also -,I don’t believe anybody can name any COMPLETELY fact based news outlet anymore IMO!