Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I do kinda agree with the "they" thing... In my case the they are the media.... About 2 months ago I posted that Covid was slowing down in the news and race and LGBTQ stuff would come back.. Well, it did in a big way... Now that is dying down again and Covid is coming back... If one listens to the media there is nothing but fear being spread... A few years ago in the movie "Live Free or Die Hard" Justin Long's character says this same thing that the media is spreading fear to keep people buying and the economy going...... I know just a movie... but still. As for man bun coming for my... I say come on down.. I got something for ya...

this to me is the problem now days - the news media is no longer a reporter of factual news - they now are a self serving reporter of opinion. and to add insult to injury with social media is now actually the primary source of "news" for a huge number of people.

unfortunately the only solution for those of us who really care is to fact check everything ourselves - news media cant be trusted and it is sure as hell social media news cant be trusted so - if you dont do it for your self no one else will

and the super unfortunate thing is that the vast majority wont even bother to fact check or verify - they will just pass it on as if it is fact because it came from their preferred rumor/opinion "news" source

basically we are screwed - and we let it happen as we stood there and watched because we liked the opinion our side was giving

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• “basically we are screwed” - TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN bro!! I can only see the madness escalating from now until Election Day - then really going bat shit crazy after that no matter who wins!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Partly correct & I agree to an extent. Sometimes it's not an accountability issue. In a compressed short version. Companies hire lawyers to study Federal Acquisition Regulations, Executive Orders, Laws, regulations & Policies. Most Federal acquisition policies are brought into existence for a very good noble purpose and they are good things. Often they expand out of control with no one willing to "real them in" for political reasons. Without imposing judgement or morality a good example that comes into play as a feel good act that appears during election time. A politician will walk down an assembly line showing handicapped workers assembling products and his support for providing jobs to handicapped workers. The Javits-Wagner-O'day act back in 1971. A beautiful thing and I agree it is. Don't think anyone will disagree. E.O.s' call for bio-preferred purchases (although President Trump supports this he has replaced the former E.O. requiring emphasis on efficiency in biobased purchasing). The USDA sets the standards on Biobased Purchasing (USDA Biopreferred program). Because the USDA wanted to push the technology limits of biobased material used in consumer products they set minimum limits for Biobased percent content. Most far above what a typical company could produce at a competitive consumer price level. Theory is to produce and eventually production costs will come down. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. Many other factors/ regulations.

A smart company (and there are many) hires a teem of lawyers to study the thousands of regulations, executive orders, laws, regulations & policies. As in the example above they hire handy capped workers, assembling biobased products containing the percentage called for by the USDA. Many times using other regulations, the more the better. Then they solicit for bids on a Federal Government Bid Board. If they don't win the contract they go to court and take a team of lawyers with them justifying the production in accordance with all the government regulations in turn justifying the high price high price necessary to produce the product due to the compliance of the very sets of regulations set forth by the government.

Trouble is over time all these great things add up to many great things that are expensive. Is it worth it, to some yes, others no. Just wanted to throw in the process that many non-government purchases don't have to contend with and the fact that these regulations keep piling on. One thing I like about the Trump Administration is they are trying to "reel then in".

• Hmmmm, I was born and raised in Easton Pennsylvania where the Dixie cup Factory was . Last time I knew the Dixie cup was still on top of the building . If it still there, I wonder if they'll Burn It down

I went thru Easton today on my way to Phillipsburg. Home of Larry Holmes.

• I’m sitting in my living room with 6 or 7 close friends which all, as myself, started with meager beginnings. I don’t know if it was “white privilege” that made myself and my friends successful - never knew there was such a thing until recently. The main thing we all agreed upon (all of us white - probably racist by today’s standards) was that race didn’t mean a damn thing when we were all scrapping to be successful. I’m a Deep South coonass and I know blacks that pulled themselves up by the bootstraps and were just as formidable as any white advisary. Being successful is way below skin color IMO. We all bleed red blood but heart, integrity, honor, and sheer determination is the difference. If races would realize success is a personal desire - not something provided by government or other races all the unrest would go away.

I worked at a car wash in my early thirties. I didn't need to but I wanted to save the money for retirement. I dried cars at the wash after working during the day as a civilian technician rebuilding jet engines (also run qualified for ground test runs on A-10's & KC135's). I was also a member of the national guard as a third source of income. I can't tell you how many times people would hang a dollar bill out the window and drop it to the ground just before I could get it. I still see them driving away laughing. I guess they thought a guy in his 30's drying cars was a looser. I'm just short of 57 and retired. Yea, I had a great day today! Don't think there was any white privilege but long days and investing what I could. Finished off my last ten years with a major Gov agency.

• Game company removing police cars from video games. Nice, video games glorify violence & terrorism and decide to remove police cars! Crazy, yep! Can't wait to see where this leads in a few years.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sc…US-race-protests-WSJ.html

all they did was run from them, shoot at them and disrespect them anyway.....That’s probably a good thing....the young kids won’t learn how to do it...

• I am starting to look at all the BS going on as a good thing. People only get off their butt when they are threatened. The Left knows the cat is out of the bag on them being communists ( Ya I said it! ) I think millions and millions and millions of Capitalist Americans over coffee each morning are going to "show up" in November.

I know I will crawl through glass and stand by sneezing, coughing, feverish mask wearing sheep to vote this November.

Nuff said - go celebrate 243 years of being blessed to be in the best country God ever made!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I don’t know if any of you saw the interview with the father who’s son was shot inside CHOP in Seattle on Hannity. It was one of the most sincere, heart wrenching things I have ever seen. He was not political, accusatory or angry. He was a father that lost his son due to a failure of government who didn’t allow him to see his dead son for 2 weeks. NOBODY contacted him as to what happened, what they were doing or that they even gave a shit. The fact that he was a black man makes no difference. He could have been a father of any race and you could feel his pain as any loving father would. This poor man should be a vivid reminder that we are all human beings first. We all share feelings and emotions that are inherent in all of mankind. This grieving father should be on every network pouring his heart out to the American people. Sadly, I don’t think he will be seen anywhere else as his story does not fit the narrative the media wishes to portray. God Bless that father - why can’t we have politicians more like him??

• Looks like Yale needs to be renamed and some stuff destroyed.

Elihu Yale (5 April 1649 – 8 July 1721) was an British-American-born British merchant and slave trader, President of the East India Company settlement in Fort St. George, at Madras, and a benefactor of the Collegiate School in the Colony of Connecticut, which, in 1718, was renamed Yale College in his honor.

• Looks like Yale needs to be renamed and some stuff destroyed.

Elihu Yale (5 April 1649 – 8 July 1721) was an British-American-born British merchant and slave trader, President of the East India Company settlement in Fort St. George, at Madras, and a benefactor of the Collegiate School in the Colony of Connecticut, which, in 1718, was renamed Yale College in his honor.

I would think that any decent person who attended this clearly racist institution should immediately return their racist diplomas and disavow the the place immediately 8o

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I don’t know if any of you saw the interview with the father who’s son was shot inside CHOP in Seattle on Hannity. It was one of the most sincere, heart wrenching things I have ever seen. He was not political, accusatory or angry. He was a father that lost his son due to a failure of government who didn’t allow him to see his dead son for 2 weeks. NOBODY contacted him as to what happened, what they were doing or that they even gave a shit. The fact that he was a black man makes no difference. He could have been a father of any race and you could feel his pain as any loving father would. This poor man should be a vivid reminder that we are all human beings first. We all share feelings and emotions that are inherent in all of mankind. This grieving father should be on every network pouring his heart out to the American people. Sadly, I don’t think he will be seen anywhere else as his story does not fit the narrative the media wishes to portray. God Bless that father - why can’t we have politicians more like him??

I watched it and what comes to my mind, where is Black Lives Matter? It seems to me that the only time BLM is when a White man or Police man kills a black person. Any other time Black Lives Don't Matter. Just my $.02 worth

• this is funny Woke white girl trys to spook police officers horse and gets kicked

https://twitter.com/i/status/1278428211471437826

That’s the best thing I have seen in all the protests - bet she won’t do that again :00008172:Wonder if they are gonna try and prosecute the horse for excessive force 🤫