Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Are you saying genders aren't equal?🙊

They get paid the same so they are supposed to be equal and handle everything that comes at them but the Muscles and weight are not equal. Where I worked you got paid a mans wages so you had better be able to do the job. This is not at all what I was trying to say. Just saying it would have been a whole different story if it had been a woman black or white.

• Red it would have been a whole different story if that had been a female trying to put the cuffs on him.

MAYBE??? The BLM movement has become so strong politicians are capitulating, LEO management is giving in to the politicians and I think it doesn’t matter what race, sex, or creed if a black person resists arrest and the law uses force they will be vilified by the media and by the very people they have vowed to protect.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I probably watch too much TV but they show people getting injected incapacitating them almost instantly. Don’t know if something like that really exists but you would think they could come up with something better than a taser (invented in 1974) having a range only as far as the wires allow. Any way you look at it from time to time it will come down to hand to hand combat. Guess I’m just sayin all these big tech companies are supporting BLM - why not develop a foolproof, non lethal weapon good to say 30 yards. Wouldn’t have made any difference in the Atlanta shooting as he stole the taser (luckily not the firearm) but it could save a lot of lives with police involved shootings. That raises another question - what if the Atlanta suspect HAD grabbed the officers firearm. Should they just have let him go?? Don’t ask BLM - I can tell you the answer😩😩

• Red it would have been a whole different story if that had been a female trying to put the cuffs on him.

They get paid the same so they are supposed to be equal and handle everything that comes at them but the Muscles and weight are not equal. Where I worked you got paid a mans wages so you had better be able to do the job. This is not at all what I was trying to say. Just saying it would have been a whole different story if it had been a woman black or white.

Your comments carry more weight than you know. It simply points out the fact that use of force isn't always the same. Same situation, same suspect but a different action based on who's taking it. The law is most often shades of gray and seldom black and white.

Use of force is a complex issue that can't be dumbed down for political purposes. A "choke hold" isn't deadly force unless someone dies the same way a baseball bat isn't a deadly weapon until you beat somebody to death with it. Any force beyond that which is necessary is excessive force. The big dilemma is defining necessary.

• This is scary stuff from Atlanta's mayor.

The orders will stipulate that officers must use de-escalation techniques before using deadly force, and require officers de-escalate more generally in their policing, according to Bottoms.

So if someone points a gun at an officer they can't immediately use deadly force. That's not acceptable, it strips the officer of their right to self defense.

• Your comments carry more weight than you know. It simply points out the fact that use of force isn't always the same. Same situation, same suspect but a different action based on who's taking it. The law is most often shades of gray and seldom black and white.

Use of force is a complex issue that can't be dumbed down for political purposes. A "choke hold" isn't deadly force unless someone dies the same way a baseball bat isn't a deadly weapon until you beat somebody to death with it. Any force beyond that which is necessary is excessive force. The big dilemma is defining necessary.

I’m afraid that “necessary” defined will be making cops having to choose between their personal safety and how it is perceived by that iPhone recording by the incident thus not being the whole story!! Glad you are retired Red .. nobody needs that crap!! The future of law enforcement appears to me to just be the weakening of enforcement !!

• I’m afraid that “necessary” defined will be making cops having to choose between their personal safety and how it is perceived by that iPhone recording by the incident thus not being the whole story!! Glad you are retired Red .. nobody needs that crap!! The future of law enforcement appears to me to just be the weakening of enforcement !!

I'm very happy to be retired and got to enjoy my career doing police work when it was still fun.

• I probably watch too much TV but they show people getting injected incapacitating them almost instantly. Don’t know if something like that really exists but you would think they could come up with something better than a taser (invented in 1974) having a range only as far as the wires allow. Any way you look at it from time to time it will come down to hand to hand combat. Guess I’m just sayin all these big tech companies are supporting BLM - why not develop a foolproof, non lethal weapon good to say 30 yards. Wouldn’t have made any difference in the Atlanta shooting as he stole the taser (luckily not the firearm) but it could save a lot of lives with police involved shootings. That raises another question - what if the Atlanta suspect HAD grabbed the officers firearm. Should they just have let him go?? Don’t ask BLM - I can tell you the answer😩😩

When you see that incapacitation, it is not a one size fits all... There would have to be multiple doses based on size. I can just see that now.. He was 180lbs and they shot him with a 220lbs sedative... or something like that... The next thing would be from that old Christmas movie... You're gonna take an eye out with that....

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• My Son has 4 1/2 years until locking in his retirement as LEO. He’ll be young enough to take on another job possible in public works in the town he works for now picking up garbage. I asked him, “Isn’t that what your doing now?” Got a smirk and he walked away.

• Red - got another question for you that I would like it from a cop perspective. I love to watch hunting & animal wildlife shows. I have seen them shoot a tranquilizer dart into a full grown elephant or rhinoceros and bring them to their knees in less than a minute. Why couldn’t they develop a dart gun for humans that accomplished the same thing and do away with cops carrying tasers. Seems to me that the cop would have real ammunition In one gun if they are fired upon but much longer reaching weapon than a taser if not life threatening to arrest the resisting suspect and everybody lives? Am I way off on my idea??

I'm not a policeman, but I know things.:)

Here ya go.

https://www.google.com/search?…id=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

• My Son has 4 1/2 years until locking in his retirement as LEO. He’ll be young enough to take on another job possible in public works in the town he works for now picking up garbage. I asked him, “Isn’t that what your doing now?” Got a smirk and he walked away.

I hope he makes it...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I'm not a policeman, but I know things.:)

Here ya go.

https://www.google.com/search?…id=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

YES!!! Now if they could make the same projectile work in a handgun that cops could easily carry for any needed situation that would be perfect!! WOLF - I know - you know - I know - you know a lot of things :00008172:

• This is scary stuff from Atlanta's mayor.

The orders will stipulate that officers must use de-escalation techniques before using deadly force, and require officers de-escalate more generally in their policing, according to Bottoms.

So if someone points a gun at an officer they can't immediately use deadly force. That's not acceptable, it strips the officer of their right to self defense.

Why in the hell would anybody run toward gunfire as many do now if somebody is shooting and you have to try and “deescalate“ before you return fire?? I would imagine fighting crime will quickly deescalate to just calling the coroner to pick up the bodies!!

• Why in the hell would anybody run toward gunfire as many do now if somebody is shooting and you have to try and “deescalate“ before you return fire?? I would imagine fighting crime will quickly deescalate to just calling the coroner to pick up the bodies!!

No issues really because they'll send a social worker to handle it.🤪

BTW I spoke to a social worker who's been at it since we graduated high school. She advised me that she would not be responding to 911 calls, I wonder how many social workers are on board with this idea?