Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• "If the extremely racist antagonists on both sides could meet down there, get their fight over with and all perish in the process. The country and World would be a better place", is a thought I have at times.

Then I remember, much like the never ending wars in the Middle East and many other places. Those that fight and die over something, have kids, wives, friends that will want to fight for that something now, because they lost somebody they loved and they are now mad.

"Violence begets violence"

Well stated Bro - all the violence and lawlessness of Black Lives Matter, ANTIFA, etc. is going to embolden a response in kind from white supremacists, KKK, etc. If you live in a really rural area in the Deep South as I do there is still generational racism that smolders under the surface - black & white. To see somebody with a KKK hood at the gas station, which I always heard they were around but never saw, is unsettling to say the least. WOLF is right - if we could lock all these fanatics in a stadium and let them annihilate each other- so be it. Unfortunately, if what’s going on escalates it won’t be long before innocents are being hurt and killed - on both sides!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Geez!! a corporate lawyer no less. Since I haven’t dealt with criminal law for close to 40 years I think I would be just the right one to defend these assholes...to the very best of my ability :00008172::00008172:

• My point exactly! Stupidity knows no economic or racial boundaries. Idiots come in all flavors.....

So Bill Martin, I imagine it is state specific but... If I am at home and an intruder comes in to do me harm I can shoot them. Can I do this while at my business too?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• My point exactly! Stupidity knows no economic or racial boundaries. Idiots come in all flavors.....

So Bill Martin, I imagine it is state specific but... If I am at home and an intruder comes in to do me harm I can shoot them. Can I do this while at my business too?

I believe in all states it comes down to a credible “fear for your life” situation whether home or office. That being said I live 950 feet from the road behind gates. You are not going to “wander” up to my house so I can only assume you are there to do me bodily harm - much different standard in a subdivision. All I can say is a Houston PD Lieutenant told me 30 years ago - “if you shoot em outside your house - drag em inside and make sure there is only one story to tell.” So my advice to anybody would be the first thing to come out of your mouth business or residence when LEO arrives is “I WAS IN FEAR FOR MY LIFE” + make damn sure your weapon is in compliance with any state or federal laws.

• cops started using that line now as justification.....if it’s good enough for them, it’s good enough for me....

so if they are calling Trump a racist over his rioting remarks......to me that would suggest every rioter is only one color.....but everything I see on TV shows multi colored rioters..... so is He racist against the the black ones or the white ones? Or is “rioters“ a new race now...like we now have multiple genders .....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/new…p-tweeting-160841770.html

Democrats want him to stop tweeting.....they want you to only listen to main stream Propaganda media for all your True facts...Because everyone on Twitter lies...

we need legal disclaimers now for every story in the news......like they started doing with political ads.

Before every each one.....The following story is factual news.....or the following Story is only someone’s opinion....Or the following story has been entirely or partially made up...

And face legal consequences if they aren’t honest about each one....that’s the only way I’ll ever believe a news story on any MSM channel...

• I believe in all states it comes down to a credible “fear for your life” situation whether home or office. That being said I live 950 feet from the road behind gates. You are not going to “wander” up to my house so I can only assume you are there to do me bodily harm - much different standard in a subdivision. All I can say is a Houston PD Lieutenant told me 30 years ago - “if you shoot em outside your house - drag em inside and make sure there is only one story to tell.” So my advice to anybody would be the first thing to come out of your mouth business or residence when LEO arrives is “I WAS IN FEAR FOR MY LIFE” + make damn sure your weapon is in compliance with any state or federal laws.

My house is designed so you have to pass two thresholds from all three entrances to gain access to living area. Even from the main Garage. With a clear line of sight choke point between each. Not that the FL Castle Doctrine was considered during layout ..... angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• My house is designed so you have to pass two thresholds from all three entrances to gain access to living area. Even from the main Garage. With a clear line of sight choke point between each. Not that the FL Castle Doctrine was considered during layout ..... angel-squared

You sound well prepared...not that I’m anti social but if I could have afforded it....

:00008359::00008359::00000436:

• seriously?

Biden today said "there are a lot of different things that can change" about police training. One example he said was if cops are rushed by an "unarmed" person "with a knife or something" the cops could "shoot them in the leg instead of the heart is a very different thing."

"an unarmed person with a knife or something"

Love ya Joe, but its time to get help, time to forget the President thing and do whats best for you and your family - - - do you really want to be the first puppet? do you really want that embarrassment as your families legacy?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

OK so now its getting ridiculous ..... my neighbor works for the local Sheriff department in the Crime Scene division ... mostly she takes photos of traffic accidents and such .. maybe not as peaceful as Bill Martin but far from an urban area. I just looked across and her department van that she keeps at home when off duty is parked in her back yard against the house. Probably took some doing to get it back there since it's been raining for about a week straight.

I took a walk over and asked if there was anything wrong or something I could help with. She said her department told them because of possible vandalism if they can't keep it inside or out of view from the street they would have to leave all county vehicles at the lockup. It's too tall to fit in her garage.

The biggest risk you have around here would be is if you left half a sammich or some cheetos in the passenger seat and a raccoon tried to get in.

Come on man ....

... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Have to say that it looks like our local protest organizers are at least using some common sense - the protest that was planned to be a march down a street that is a high end shopping district has been moved to the civic center park that has no stores or shops around it to loot - - only things there are the city hall and police department - - - - - - still think it would be smarter to cancel it, but this is better than nothing

also the County - Riverside County has just announced a county wide curfew from 6pm tonight to 6:00 am tomorrow

so far this valley where Palm Springs is located has been spared the insanity that is going on in other places in the state with the only protest so far remaining peaceful - - I suspect that being held in the middle of the day today helped - - the crazies seem to prefer the cover of dark

this is what an all out protest in Palm Springs looks like

https://twitter.com/i/status/1267520716552855553

• I just saw on the news tha there was a pallet of bricks dropped of at the site of tonight’s demo. There is NO construction any place close by. If you think the rioting was not a planned event, you have your head up your ass.

YLM. Your Life Matters

• I just saw on the news tha there was a pallet of bricks dropped of at the site of tonight’s demo. There is NO construction any place close by. If you think the rioting was not a planned event, you have your head up your ass.

I sure hope the police have the smarts to go and remove that pallet before the demo starts

• Ya me too Edward Neal just got mine too. Perhaps if we went "kent State" on the looters and destroyers it would get their attention

Hey SoCal - - have you had any trouble in your immediate area? - - so far we have been good down here, I suspect the out of town agitators probably like higher profile locations than here - - that and the fact all of our hotels are still closed giving them no place to stay probably helps

As a side I do have to admit that I love the isolation from the bigger metropolitan areas that we get living here - - - a$$ holes dont want to drive this far when they can make trouble closer to home :/

• Red - feel free to correct me if I am wrong. The way I see it is once upon a time LEO was a highly respected job which selfless people did a difficult job for not a lot of money. Fast forward to recent years - police officers are vilified, assaulted, assassinated for that same low salary. What happens? The caliber of people departments hire drops significantly to put a warm body on the street. IMO if you are gonna give one person the authority to take another one’s life - it’s just like anything else - you want stellar outcomes you need to pay stellar wages to entice the best !!

• Red - feel free to correct me if I am wrong. The way I see it is once upon a time LEO was a highly respected job which selfless people did a difficult job for not a lot of money. Fast forward to recent years - police officers are vilified, assaulted, assassinated for that same low salary. What happens? The caliber of people departments hire drops significantly to put a warm body on the street. IMO if you are gonna give one person the authority to take another one’s life - it’s just like anything else - you want stellar outcomes you need to pay stellar wages to entice the best !!

It has deteriorated to the point that it's nearly impossible to get high quality applicant. 30 years ago the pay wasn't great but you got lots of applicants and only the top 10 to 15 percent actually got hired. Now you have low numbers of applicants and hire to the bottom of the list. None of the departments in my area can reach full staffing. It's been going down hill long enough that the below average officers have become supervisors and command staff. Recruiting minority officers is a real challenge. Most officers of color won't apply in jurisdictions where they grew up. I've watch a number of them go to departments in other areas to avoid interacting with friends and family while working. The fear of alienation is stronger than the chance to help the community they grew up in. It's a giant shit show, I completely understand why so few seek a job in law enforcement. Low pay and a label of racist, I'm just glad I retired when i did.