Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I'm sure you didn't mean to compliment Biden as a "brain head". Dead, you were probably looking for "dead", damn autocorrect.:)

It would actually make "Obama" the President, not "defacto president". It would as you were going for, make Barrack the defacto President.

Here to help.:*

if Michelle is the VP ...barrack would be the Silent president from her side..

• I must agree - anyone arguing against the idea of homeschooling right now is basically arguing for "No Schooling"

you missed the point.....are they really paying attention at home like they are at school....I didn’t even pay attention in school...and are Most parents Qualified to be effective teachers....most teachers I know had to go to college...to get a teaching degree....

meaning my parents weren’t qualified to teach me every subject required to graduate...and I had a different teacher for each subject...

• Go to Youtube and find a subject. There are thousands of things kids can watch and learn from there. Everything you can imagine. Wish I had it when I was a kid. Youtube is an amazing source if you choose to use it. So much to learn.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Damn Democrats - Never let a crisis go to waste

The idea that the coronavirus crisis could spur a new progressive revolution is shared by California Gov. Gavin Newsom who recently said: “Absolutely, we see this as an opportunity to reshape the way we do business and how we govern.” The remark came near the end of a long answer to a question about whether he saw “the potential” in the crisis for “a new progressive era” in state and national politics.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Edward Neal the Dems are using it as an example of why they said the healthcare system needed provisions for less fortunate people that need care, for one example.

The Republicans are using it as an example of why they said we need to bring American manufacturing back, for one example.

Both are right and have been right. The only way to get your point across now days is when your worst case projections come true and you can say, "Now do you see"!

Sadly that is what is happening on both sides now that both sides were proven right on so many projections. What's even more sad is that they continue to play politics instead of finally opening their eyes and ears to each other and work to make this Country greater, stronger and more harmonic.

• I maybe riding with Roadhawg perhaps In the next couple of years....Getting tired of NANCY’s little cousin running the clown show here. Did you see the $1 billion purchase he made in Chinese masks? I guess 3M Corporation here in America is not good enough for him.

I hate to say it, but in the end I can't blame government for the availability of cheaper goods that are of a lesser quality being what we so often get here in the U.S.

unfortunately that problem for the most part rests squarely on the shoulders of the American consumer - - we want, no we demand, the lowest price possible - and then we have the gall to complain about things like crappy products from China or having illegal immigrants picking our crops

hopefully this whole crisis thing will wake people up - - you need to be willing to pay the price for goods and food that will cover the costs associated with Made in America or for actually paying a wage that will entice citizens to work in the fields - - if we dont - - - - - then we will be doomed to lesser quality products and reliance on other countries for things that are essential - like masks and drugs - - - - and thats not good!!

• I have to agree, our Politicians and and the parties have become far to adversarial - when I was a kid it seemed that people on both sides wanted what was best for the country, they just disagreed on how to best get there and so they worked together to find compromise.

These days the other side seems to be considered the enemy who must be defeated at all costs - - I just thank God that things turned south after I got to see how it should be - - and I feel sorry for those younger than me many of whom just think this is how it is supposed to work - I worry about how this country will ever survive with the MMA Politics of the future

as a side note I also must admit that I blame Republicans for pushing things over the edge - I truly believe the Impeachment of Bill Clinton is what paved the way down this slippery slope to where revenge politics and going back and forth playing "got-ya" has become the new normal in DC and elsewhere ;(

• No way to do it but if you could get the far left/right to just shut the f@&k up and politicians quit trying to satisfy them things may get better. WOLF - you could be right about revenge for Bill Clinton but the “Squad” has pushed the Dem Party so far left Bill Clinton couldn’t run Dem and get elected to city council in extreme liberal voting blocks. Somebody needs to come in and drag the Dems back toward the center - Joe Biden ain’t strong enough to do it for sure !! I’m sure you will say same can be said about Reps but they are not trying their best to destroy our country’s economic system - although they both may wind up driving us off a financial cliff - one of the few bipartisan things they could accomplish :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• To late for the Dems to get their blue dogs back. They are in the party of Trump now.

I agree I highly suspect the Democrat party has pushed away anyone who in the past had been even close to being considered a moderate

heck I heard today that AOC has announced her support for Biden and plans on voting for him - - - they know they have pulled him left and they also know he will be easily controlled and kept to the far left

Yea - - this sure isnt your parents generations Democrat party anymore - - - more like something Joseph Stalin would be a part of

• No way to do it but if you could get the far left/right to just shut the f@&k up and politicians quit trying to satisfy them things may get better. WOLF - you could be right about revenge for Bill Clinton but the “Squad” has pushed the Dem Party so far left Bill Clinton couldn’t run Dem and get elected to city council in extreme liberal voting blocks. Somebody needs to come in and drag the Dems back toward the center - Joe Biden ain’t strong enough to do it for sure !! I’m sure you will say same can be said about Reps but they are not trying their best to destroy our country’s economic system - although they both may wind up driving us off a financial cliff - one of the few bipartisan things they could accomplish :00008172:

Edward Neal said the Clinton thing not me.;)

Financial Cliff, what can we do? What is the best plan right now? I feel for all our leaders right now. Monday morning Quarterbacking(MM QB) is going to try to paint everyone in a bad light. What did those MM QB's want to do now, a month ago, 3 months ago, a year ago? Short term I could say with confidence that never having closed the Country would be financially better. Long term results would require turning back the clock or doing calculations based on projected worst case Covid exposure and what cost that would have. Would most places end up closed for weeks or months anyway, because employees with Covid can't show up?

Cuomo's response to Mitch McConnell saying, "We aren't going to bail out Democrat states that are trying to make up for past financial mistakes through Covid funding". Cuomo pointed out to Mitch that New York State contributes $180 billion a year more than it uses to the Federal Government while Mitch's represented state of Kentucky takes $143 billion more than it puts into the Federal Government. He finished with, "Who's really being bailed out Mitch".

Bill, It's scary that taking $145 billion more than you put in isn't Mitch "trying" his "best to destroy our countries economic system". I guess trying his best would be giving the Dems everything they want too.=O

• Iit's interesting how things can be understood differently by different people - - I heard the interview where Mitch mentioned bankruptcy and at the time it sounded like he was simply saying that States should be allowed to declare bankruptcy. He pointed out that cities and local governments had this option but that it wasn't available to the States.

To me at the time it did not sound like he was saying anything negative - simply sounded like it would give states an option they don't currently have that might be better than borrowing from the federal government and putting the burden on future generations

I Really didn't think much of it when I heard it - seemed very reasonable, , but to hear the media this morning you would have thought Mitch wanted to tell the States to suck an egg and die

the text"

McConnell, during an interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt, said any additional federal assistance to state and local governments needed to be "thoroughly evaluated."

"I would certainly be in favor of allowing states to use the bankruptcy route. It saves some cities. And there’s no good reason for it not to be available. My guess is their first choice would be for the federal government to borrow money from future generations to send it down to them now so they don’t have to do that. That’s not something I’m going to be in favor of," McConnell said.

Even looking at it right now I still think it is very reasonable - what kind of person would really prefer passing the buck on down to future generations if it were possible to wipe the slate clean with a bankruptcy - - If it works for individuals, Cities, and other local governments then why not States ?????

• Bro - we are on the same team on this one - I don’t know how we get out of this unprecedented mess. Both parties are still playing politics BUT - do you think all the billions of dollars the Democrats want to spend money on right other that jump starting the economy NOW is good for the country??

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it