Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Wolfee,......I'm wicked late here.

You sent your Popinlaw to a better place with a wicked awesome smile on his face I'm sure. He leaves knowing he had folks like you that loved him enough to care for him during the worst of times.

It takes special people to do that, and you my friend, are truly one of them.

I'm wishing the happy memories of better times with him flood you and your family soon.

You rock brother!!

:00009448:

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I’m going to put this under political just because...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/led…y-ship-now-120925231.html

in my eyes....this captain is an absolute hero. He possibly saved hundreds of lives. Knowing full well he was destroying his navel career.

It’s one thing to lose the lives of sailors in a war time situation. Casualties will happen. But to lose lives in a peacetime situation that could have totally been prevented is unthinkable.

the brass will make an example of him because he broke OPSEC. Broke the chain of command and it was leaked to the press. But from what I’m getting....previous alarms to the brass were ignored....which makes this entire thing even more hideous.

I’m pretty sure they don’t have several hundred ventilators on that ship....might have one tops if that....

his decision was Heroic. He was able to save every life on that ship. Which was a floating disaster of great proportion. And going down fast...could have easily turned into the Titanic....as far a death toll. Basically the captain went down to save the ship.
    Some brass said he “cracked under pressure” no....he had a life and death decision to make and he chose life for the entire crew....While committing career suicide.

There will be an investigation....I’m hoping it’s a real investigation and not some drummed up “it looked like an investigation “ ...I think the majority of the public will be on his side. I’m sure 5000 sailors are and a whole bunch of Family members and Current and ex military.

• Allowing his ship to be infected with a port call in march is his responsibility. As a ship's captain he knows the rules for using the chain of command. What action would he take if one of his sailors violated OPSEC and degraded the status of his ship? He knew the rules, he knowingly violated the rules and he was removed. At sea he is judge, jury and executioner he has total say. You can't leave someone with that level of power and responsibility in place if they knowingly violate the rules.

• Following the chain of command is not optional, even if it saves lives, once you allow it to be a choice there is no more chain of command. Did this man save lives - possibly, does that excuse violating the oaths he took - no, and it never can.

Having said this - I also don't think I am in a position to judge exactly what happened. we have read/heard what this man leaked, and we have heard what the media wants us to hear (which we know cant be trusted), but we have not heard what exactly was said to this commander by his superiors - they have not leaked things like the captain has.

To try to form a reasonable judgement of this would be like trying to judge a divorce situation by only hearing what the husband had to say without also hearing the wife's side - - - might make you feel good to support your buddy, but it isnt a fair judgement of the situation.

Also anyone who would trust what the media is saying about this with their obvious anti administration bias has to be a fool - - - remember Trump is the commander and chief and is the ultimate person they will try to make look bad in this situation.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least to discover that the media is intentionally slanting this to make Trump look bad - - - it could actually be a conspiracy couldn't it? BD?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Allowing his ship to be infected with a port call in march is his responsibility. As a ship's captain he knows the rules for using the chain of command. What action would he take if one of his sailors violated OPSEC and degraded the status of his ship? He knew the rules, he knowingly violated the rules and he was removed. At sea he is judge, jury and executioner he has total say. You can't leave someone with that level of power and responsibility in place if they knowingly violate the rules.

I get that security aspect....but who would they hang if sailors started dying....by the hundreds

the way I see it he was in a Catch 22 situation....screwed if they died and screwed for saving them.....he’s still a hero...he chose to do the right thing with no regard for himself....he is a hero...a real man....someone that I would want to have my back.

Why is it so hard for people to realize he’s knows what he did Was wrong..His previous pleas for immediate help were ignored......he made the decision to save everyone’s life.....admit he saved lives.....in peace time...not war..

he knows he could face court Martial, he knows he could be discharged....he knows he might not collect his pension.....he sacrificed his enter future to save those sailors.

I put the blame Squarely on his commanding officers for not taking the appropriate action when it needed to be taken....they put the sailors in danger...they wouldn’t take any blame if sailors died....they would have blamed him....to Save their asses..he was screwed either way.

the guy that fired him just flew to Guam and announced on the ships PA system to the crew The captain was an idiot ...not fit to command ..he’s coving his ass because he failed to do what was needed...He was embarrassed by the captain...pitiful ...

• The article answers some the questions you raise.

• I know I don’t have to tell anybody how crazy Ocasio Cortez is but her latest batshit crazy theory is this virus is “environmental racism” against black and brown folks. I would like to hear her explain Boris Yeltsin being moved into intensive care due to this virus. Do you get anymore white and privileged than he. She should be ashamed for even intimating that this disease discriminates against ANY race - it kills up and down the economic scale. I can only hope this woman is a flash in the pan and not now entrenched in the Dem Party like Pelosi has her entire life!!! She is supposed to be part of the solution - not part of the problem !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• a fully loaded aircraft carrier With its air wing is the most powerful weapon in the world ...besides a nuclear bomb. worth over $13 billion ...not counting planes and crew.

A very critical peace of equipment....having hundreds of sailors incapacitated is also a critical situation...

in hind sight which is always 20/20...the port Of call was a stupid idea. but did they have the up to date info about the virus at that time? I still don't think we have it all now...

He embarrassed the higher ups exposing their incompetence and now the cover up....make the captain look bad ...he’s taking the fall....I think he knew that full well.....that makes him a hero in my book.

what were they waiting for? not doing their job...and they got caught with their pants down ...he exposed the truth...smells of cover up....by the higher ups. Shit rolls down hill...he’s at the bottom..they are probably making up evidence as we speak...

• I know I don’t have to tell anybody how crazy Ocasio Cortez is but her latest batshit crazy theory is this virus is “environmental racism” against black and brown folks. I would like to hear her explain Boris Yeltsin being moved into intensive care due to this virus. Do you get anymore white and privileged than he. She should be ashamed for even intimating that this disease discriminates against ANY race - it kills up and down the economic scale. I can only hope this woman is a flash in the pan and not now entrenched in the Dem Party like Pelosi has her entire life!!! She is supposed to be part of the solution - not part of the problem !!

She's so much a racist herself that when she was a bartender, she refused to make anyone a WHITE RUSSIAN!!

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• If he had canceled the port call all those cheering fans would have hated him and the higher ups would have praised him. He failed to protect his crew and threw himself on the court of public opinion to try and save his ass. He was wrong if even for a good reason he was still wrong and gets to pay the price. If he was ordered by his superiors to let people off the ship they will pay as well.

I think it was NBC TV this am talking about the fact that in NYC more folks of Color are dying but they also indicated that is was due in most part to the fact that in general a larger portion of that community is in poorer health than the general population.

Bill, you meant Boris Johnson... 😉

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I think it was NBC TV this am talking about the fact that in NYC more folks of Color are dying but they also indicated that is was due in most part to the fact that in general a larger portion of that community is in poorer health than the general population.

could be an attitude issue...

Natural distrust of the government that pays their way..

Lack of ability to prioritize things that really Matter....
    too involved in other activities.

Everything in those hoods are geared toward the hustle...Always gotta get over

https://news.yahoo.com/black-m…looms-amid-153218165.html

• brainwashing....

yesterday girlfriend watched the same Presidential virus Briefing as I did...(25 miles away from each other) with two different takes on what actually happened....

her reaction was ...wow the president was really being mean to the press....She was dead serious....and didn’t want to hear It any other Way...anything I said to her was ...no he was mean....no he was mean....no he was mean....broken record...brainwashed response....I hate trump. But she likes paying $600 a month for her healthcare...and is ok with illegals getting it free and Free social security..doesn’t ever want me to bring that up....or anything else or anything good he’s done for the country...She gets irate about it....stop it stop it..

mine was....no the press is always trying to make him look bad by playing the gotcha game with leading and misleading questions...looking for a derogatory headline....asking the same questions everyday. Multiple times. Twisting the prediction numbers from the previous day. You said there would be 25 new infections and there was only 24....you said the checks would be mailed in 3 weeks....it’s going to take 22 days...are you lying to the public? Same stupid questions from the same anti trump reporters.... my guess is management is paying bonuses to anyone that can make him look bad..Even if you have to lie about it....