Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• President Trump is holding a meeting right now with business leaders & supply chain managers about the corona virous and the fight against it. Guess what networks refuse to cover this meeting?

that’s a good thing because people will see how screwed up they are when they have to turn on Fox..

something they told trump scared the crap out of him for him to come out and extend the social distancing for 30 days with no talk about the stock market....

I’m thinking they said over 2 million dead could be a reality...

• I think they gave best & worst case numbers. Two million would be a worst case and that reflects if no action is taken. I believe he said there will be a detailed briefing on Tuesday? Not sure. I was eating dinner at that point.

• Considering the $2.2 TRILLION stimulus bill, Here's a lesson in big numbers.

A MILLION dollars in $100 bills will easily fit in a gym bag. This is 10,000 hundred dollar bills, and it weighs a bit over 10 kg (23 pounds of money!)

A BILLION dollars is 1,000 times bigger. This makes a CUBE of neatly stacked $100 bills that is 8 feet on a side. This cube of money weighs 10,000 kg (10 metric tonnes). It would take about 7 full-size pickup trucks to haul it away.

A TRILLION dollars is 1,000 times larger that that. This means an entire football field, sideline to sideline, end zone to endzone, entirely covered by an 8-foot deep layer of neatly stacked $100 bills. This weighs 10,000 metric tonnes - as much as a Navy Cruiser.

2.2 trillion? Picture a warehouse as big as a football field, two stories (20+ feet tall), entirely filled - corner to corner, floor to rafters, solidly packed with neatly stacked $100 Bill's.

That's our stimulus package.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• My Tundra could pull that, Doc! 😁

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I think they gave best & worst case numbers. Two million would be a worst case and that reflects if no action is taken. I believe he said there will be a detailed briefing on Tuesday? Not sure. I was eating dinner at that point.

That would have been if nothing was done .. no travel bans, no mitigation, no new treatments .... if we just "rode it out like a cowboy" and let nature take its course with herd immunity ....

...... nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• That would have been if nothing was done .. no travel bans, no mitigation, no new treatments .... if we just "rode it out like a cowboy" and let nature take its course with herd immunity ....

...... nerd-squared

Unfortunately some are still using this cowboy mentality. I am seeing gatherings all over facebook of people out in groups and then chatting face to face like good old times because they feel fine. Its going to get worse before it slows down and starts to decline Our city announced last Monday we had 0 confirmed and 1 week later they announced this morning 28 confirmed with another 20 suspected in hospital and 3 deaths. There was a video of a couple in a local park tearing the barricade tape down from a local playground equipment saying it was all bullshit. Until this attitude changes it will keep spreading.

• [quote='Orangeman','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=301551#post301551']

Progress made:

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/…ergency/story?id=69867398

Now we get to watch a whole lot of people .......

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/105415/

But but but ........... I might get a tummy ache ..... I won't die but what about the tummy ache ......

..... genius-squared

[/quote]

Is that Henry?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Nope. With the Feds lowering interest rates to zero% - .25%, I took my money out of the banks and keep at home now

Lemme know when the Guv starts letting people back in FL - I been meaning to get down and visit....where did you say you kept the money so I won’t accidentally stumble on it ??? :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• who leaked the picture of my living room?

If you give me one stack a week, I will keep an eye on it and make sure nobody steals any. I think I could manage that for the next..445 weeks or so.;)

After that, I don't think you'll be able to afford my services anymore. Rest assured during that 8.5 year span nobody will touch my..uh..your money.^^

• Lemme know when the Guv starts letting people back in FL - I been meaning to get down and visit....where did you say you kept the money so I won’t accidentally stumble on it ??? :00008172:

Bill, you know anything I have, you can have. I'll pencil you in for a bad back, worn out knee and a hip that's starting to feel neglected. If you want more, feel free to holler out and I'll send you over some good parts

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE