Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• we are decades away from economical green energy.....so stop using fossil fuels immediately and ..go back to your cave....and wait for the green stuff....

I agree, "we are decades away from economical green energy", except we don't have to wait decades, it's been here for decades.;)

Also, I don't live in Afghanistan and I am not ten-thousand to millions of years old so I do not and never have lived in a cave. 8o

If you want to argue for fossil fuels which do pollute more and are larger contributors to climate change than "green energy", argue factual points. Use arguments against range of electric vehicles, duration of wind and solar reserve battery power when wind and sun are hidden potentially for weeks. You could site the high upfront cost on some green energy tech(in the long term monthly operating costs tend to shift in green energy's favor).

If green energy and fossil fuels split the current government subsidies given to fossil fuels, that would help draw a better comparison. Heck, just get rid of fossil fuel subsidies and you may find that $8.00 for a gallon of unleaded like they pay in much of Europe is actually decades removed from being competitive with green energy.;)

• I just purchased my first diesel pickup.

It's a Ram EcoDiesal.

When that thing is at idle, and walk to the back of it by the tailpipes, you can't tell that thing is a diesel!

No fumes whatsoever.

So I'm thinking we are using these fuels more responsibly, maybe.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• losing your sense of smell could be one of two things.... corona virus or Alzheimer’s....I’m being serious...

• What's your name again???

:00008862:

do some research on both of those....losing sense of smell could be an indicator of them...

your slingshot is contributing to killing us...

I don’t believe in climate change being caused by man.

this explains everything perfectly.....especially about the length of time man has been on the planet...

• do some research on both of those....losing sense of smell could be an indicator of them...

your slingshot is contributing to killing us...

I don’t believe in climate change being caused by man.

this explains everything perfectly.....especially about the length of time man has been on the planet...

My Slingshot hasn't seen much seat time in the last 2 years. My 2.5 year old son has seen to that. At the moment MY Slingshot isn't contributing to killing us.

We live in an enclosed environment. The oxygen that trees and grass emit does not drift into space and the Deep, deep cold of space doesn't penetrate our green house. With that in mind, the exhaust from factory smoke stacks, cars, tractors, motorcycles, boats... and yes methane(farts) and carbon dioxide(exhale) from the increased cow, pig, chicken(food farming), Human...populations is trapped in our closed off green house. Trees are the planet's largest air filters, we increase deforestation numbers every year to meet higher wood demands. We are adding increased numbers of bad stuff into the air every year and increasing removing more air filters. It blows my mind when anyone can't put that together and realize humans very much are causing problems on a planet changing, global scale.

Explanation over, please don't go back to your cave. However, it would be better for the Earth and it's future inhabitants if you did. :)

• the biggest problem still to be solved before "green" electric can be a replacement is storage - - probably the only green electric that does not need storage is hydro electric - unfortunately no one want to build new dam's and in many cases the ones we do have are being removed

wind, solar - - fun to play with, but until we find a good way to store what they produce then they are only good to fill in holes in what is made with other means

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• For the most part I agree. Green environmental choices and practices are well worth consideration. I weigh the good, bad, & economical factors when making a decision and that's a good thing. Sometimes they work, sometimes not, but I like the choice.

• I have 59 solar panels on my roof. A 15.64 kW photovoltaic electric generating power plant. I have ir because for me here in the desert it cost me much less per year to make my own electricity. I do not have tesla powerwall batteries and my system relies on the grid to act as my storage - without the grid my system shuts off - a legal requirement to protect utility workers in a power outage from being shocked from power fed into the grid from my system.

I love the "green" that my system saves me, but without the grid system and its not so green sources that keep it producing day and night, wind or no wind my system might as well be a brick - - battery tech is just not at a price point where it is a viable option to not also need the grid - - not even close for a system of this size

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• My Slingshot hasn't seen much seat time in the last 2 years. My 2.5 year old son has seen to that. At the moment MY Slingshot isn't contributing to killing us.

We live in an enclosed environment. The oxygen that trees and grass emit does not drift into space and the Deep, deep cold of space doesn't penetrate our green house. With that in mind, the exhaust from factory smoke stacks, cars, tractors, motorcycles, boats... and yes methane(farts) and carbon dioxide(exhale) from the increased cow, pig, chicken(food farming), Human...populations is trapped in our closed off green house. Trees are the planet's largest air filters, we increase deforestation numbers every year to meet higher wood demands. We are adding increased numbers of bad stuff into the air every year and increasing removing more air filters. It blows my mind when anyone can't put that together and realize humans very much are causing problems on a planet changing, global scale.

Explanation over, please don't go back to your cave. However, it would be better for the Earth and it's future inhabitants if you did. :)

Hope I'm not drifting too much.

A good thing to do is to look for the Sustainability Forestry Initiative (SFI) or Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certification on paper and wood products. These are certifications that the product is harvested and managed using processes in a responsible sustainable manner.

• Coronavirus package contains $11 billion for three international development organizations

https://www.foxnews.com/politi…international-development

WOW!!! I had no idea we were that flush !! Must be nice to have a blank check.....with other people’s money !!! Hope they give themselves a pat on each other’s back and tell each other how magnanimous they are !!! PRICKS !!:00007505:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• The bailout package was 99% complete until Nancy came back from California and added in all her “junk” .. and called the entire BS package “for the people” like we are idiots....we’ll some of us aren’t...LOL

if you really look into it....the swampers all like to give our taxpayer money to these interests....makes them look like humanitarians....oh look how wonderful I am, how concerned I am......because these interests pay back the politicians with money donations to their own “charities.”

politicians way of laundering money....every very rich politician has one..now you know why....

Clinton’s, McCain, Pelosi, Waters....pick one there are many more...

keep voting for them....if they have their own foundation stop voting for them. Drain the swamp.

• And THAT is why the President needs line item veto power.

The ability to "just say no" to these wastes of money and only pay for what we put him in office to do.

If the President line item veto's a critically needed item, the house and senate can over ride him with a super majority vote.

So if it is a really critical item, we would still get it approved as long as it is really critical and necessary to the majority of people.

• so I guess the ice age didn’t happen more than once in the planets 4 billion years....and I guess the earth never went through hot spells either? That’s how nature works on our planet....man can’t stop nature or change nature or postpone nature.

AOCs scientific brain has already put the timeline on mankind’s extinction....you mean we can’t live the last ten years on earth with coal and cow farts..and just be happy...

We go through hot and cold cycles every so many thousands of years...we can’t stop it....it’s nature not mankind doing it.....it started long before man or cow farts..

totally self sufficient green energy for now is a fairytale.....too expensive and we don’t possess the technology to do it....solar panels still can’t pay for themselves...

we could just as easily pay for the needed scrubbers to clean coal emissions....so why aren’t we?

Because politicians can’t make any money on that....Obama wasted.stole billions funding new green deals that mysteriously went bankrupt...

PT BARNUM has free green energy.....I’m not a climate change sucker...

• And THAT is why the President needs line item veto power.

The ability to "just say no" to these wastes of money and only pay for what we put him in office to do.

If the President line item veto's a critically needed item, the house and senate can over ride him with a super majority vote.

So if it is a really critical item, we would still get it approved as long as it is really critical and necessary to the majority of people.

the republicans screwed up...all they had to do was add on line buried somewhere within the 1000 pages.....everything not directly pertaining to the corona virus pandemic is null and void.

The dems would never have found it.