Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• A friend of mine thinks that he is still supposed to put money in his 401 after he retires. Yes, I was there when he said it. I told him that was not the way it was supposed to work

I have a number of clients who have continued to contribute to their retirement plans after they "retired" some of them still had enough other taxable income that they wanted the deduction. Some just want to sock away as much as they can so that they can have more to spend later, and a bunch who were doctors or other medical professionals wanted the protection from lawsuit that money in a retirement plan is afforded - - - I had one OBGYN who told me he had to maintain his malpractice insurance until 18 years after his last delivery of a baby because he could still be held liable until it was an adult if they found he did something wrong - - he did everything he could to legally put money into his "retirement" plan long after he quit working (some types of plans like defined benefit plans can often be funded even if the participant takes no earned income)

as a side note in June of this year I will hit Social Security retirement age and I fully intend to start taking my Social Security and retire - I also plan on continuing to work 2 or 3 days a week and will keep contribution to my 401(k) plan :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• A women in Maine just ran into a guardrail the other day. She was passed out behind the wheel with a needle sticking out of her arm. The state trooper went into his car got some Narcan and gave it to her saving her life. She was sent to the hospital and released with no charges. I think there's something wrong with this situation. Why do we continually make excuses for these drug users?

• I'm more worried about the future. As of now I have not touched my retirement account but soon will. You don't make or loose money until you make withdrawals. Soon I won't have that luxury. Five years back I moved to more concentrative funds. My concern is down the road. Some things happen that will always be unforeseen. Boeing is one, hoping they get back on track soon!

I like the reworked trade agreements. But one thing that scares the heck out of me is the unforeseen. Case in point. What about this virus? China has been known for years as having atrocious food processing practices. The Democrats want totally open boarders at all costs. Honestly, this is not personally against Mexico. They truly are hard working people. But I have been in some places south of the boarder that are not very clean. What if this virus gets out of control there and a mass panic causes a surge of infected people entering the U.S. There would be no way to track or control massive amounts of undocumented people entering the country. It could cripple the economy in a few weeks. This could happen or even be happening now.

That's a lot to loose!

• we let liberals, atheists, corrupt politicians and commies.....change our laws, our history books and political correctness.....our kids have been brainwashed. So how do you take our country our constitution, our kids and our future back?

I want the old America back....believe it or not Trump is the answer......it’s going to become evident to all very shortly.....

history will call him our greatest president. He is about to change the future for 7 billion people.

• This conversation about the 401's brings up a what if. Pull out of your 401 on retirement and convert to cash or something else, just in case that everything goes to hell. Ammo, just might be as good as cash or gold and silver. We are still depending on the banking system when everything goes to hell. Food and liquor would be something else to stash.

• the China virus issue is still very questionable....from where and how it started to when they let the world know about its potential....

before they locked down the in city in question .....5 million people for lack of a better word...escaped.....to where and how many of them could have been exposed....

China is not to be trusted about anything....especially food products...they lie, they cheat and they steal.

I refuse to eat any foreign food even if it’s made here..even a filthy restaurant here is cleaner than the conditions most of them lived in before coming here, so they aren’t afraid of a little dirt or cockroaches..so cleanliness isn’t on the top of the list.

I did a little side work to help a friend out of a bind. We installed some wallpaper in a Chinese restaurant....so some of the paper glue got on the floor from us squeezing it out to hang the paper......the floor was so filthy before we got there....I actually mopped the entire restaurant floor after we finished and we only did one wall....I didn’t wipe down the tables but they needed it...the kitchen wasn’t much better...

there are news stories daily about restaurants being downgraded for filthy and unsafe food storage conditions...and not just Chinese....picture every third world country with very poor standards of living....

• A women in Maine just ran into a guardrail the other day. She was passed out behind the wheel with a needle sticking out of her arm. The state trooper went into his car got some Narcan and gave it to her saving her life. She was sent to the hospital and released with no charges. I think there's something wrong with this situation. Why do we continually make excuses for these drug users?

I do believe that if anyone receives government assistance they should be drug tested. Most likely if positive that's where taxpayers money is going. If tested positive give them a chance through volunteered treatment. Any future positive tests afterwards no assistance till clean tests! I worked my life with random drug tests under the premise a failed test would result in immediate termination. So should they. Its more than fare!

• we let liberals, atheists, corrupt politicians and commies.....change our laws, our history books and political correctness.....our kids have been brainwashed. So how do you take our country our constitution, our kids and our future back?

I want the old America back....believe it or not Trump is the answer......it’s going to become evident to all very shortly.....

history will call him our greatest president. He is about to change the future for 7 billion people.

He's about to change the future of everyone on the planet except North America(Canada, USA, Mexico) and Russia? Those populations equal the 700 million that won't change.:P

Which "old America" are you wanting back? Muskets, Cowboys, Model T's, Commercial Flight, VCR's, Bruce Springsteen, IBM Computers, Ipod, Xbox, XFL1, Tesla Model S?8|

• I have invested in the American economy for 40 years always believing that the engine will n that may sputter from time to time but is very dependable. Risk and reward betting on that engine depends on the driver. I have made crap loads and lost big also (still have nightmares from 08’) but over all those years I am still way in the black. I know the Great Depression was the darkest time for the economy as my Dad was a child that lived thru that and it affected him and his investing for his entire life — many times calling me foolish for my decisions. Right now the economy is on solid footing unless the national debt crushes us. The one thing that would force me to rethink my whole lifetime of betting on America’s businesses would be a Bernie Sanders presidency. It appears that he is well on his way to the nomination and has a lot of support. If Trump misses a beat or Republicans go to sleep on voting day we could very well see history repeated in the form of another depression under Bernie. They predicted a stock market crash when Trump was elected and it didn’t happen - quite the opposite. I’m betting with Bernie it crashes and doesn’t recover for a LONG time !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I have invested in the American economy for 40 years always believing that the engine will n that may sputter from time to time but is very dependable. Risk and reward betting on that engine depends on the driver. I have made crap loads and lost big also (still have nightmares from 08’) but over all those years I am still way in the black. I know the Great Depression was the darkest time for the economy as my Dad was a child that lived thru that and it affected him and his investing for his entire life — many times calling me foolish for my decisions. Right now the economy is on solid footing unless the national debt crushes us. The one thing that would force me to rethink my whole lifetime of betting on America’s businesses would be a Bernie Sanders presidency. It appears that he is well on his way to the nomination and has a lot of support. If Trump misses a beat or Republicans go to sleep on voting day we could very well see history repeated in the form of another depression under Bernie. They predicted a stock market crash when Trump was elected and it didn’t happen - quite the opposite. I’m betting with Bernie it crashes and doesn’t recover for a LONG time !!

If Bernie gets elected the speed of the market crash will be mind blowing. Folks will pull cash and hide as much wealth as possible.

It will be ugly.

• If Bernie gets elected the speed of the market crash will be mind blowing. Folks will pull cash and hide as much wealth as possible.

It will be ugly.

Will that be Bernie's fault or the fault of the self fulfilling prophecy people that made ammo and guns scarce when Obama was elected?

I still remember a guy standing in front of me complaining that, "I have to get here the day the store gets ammo or it will be gone. Obama is making it so nobody can get ammo". His friend happily agreed. They each had about ten 50 round boxes of .22, .45, 9mm, 5.56/2.23, 7.62/308. They continued talking about how they hit several stores a day, a couple times a week. I just nodded, while thinking to myself, "Do the math moron, you and others like you are fulfilling your own prophecy. But yeah, it is Obama's fault(sarcasm), because if he wasn't President you idiots wouldn't be hoarding".

• Will that be Bernie's fault or the fault of the self fulfilling prophecy people that made ammo and guns scarce when Obama was elected?

I still remember a guy standing in front of me complaining that, "I have to get here the day the store gets ammo or it will be gone. Obama is making it so nobody can get ammo". His friend happily agreed. They each had about ten 50 round boxes of .22, .45, 9mm, 5.56/2.23, 7.62/308. They continued talking about how they hit several stores a day, a couple times a week. I just nodded, while thinking to myself, "Do the math moron, you and others like you are fulfilling your own prophecy. But yeah, it is Obama's fault(sarcasm), because if he wasn't President you idiots wouldn't be hoarding".

In a bad economy I like to invest in something of value. I'm not a gold fan because it's currency based and hard to spend (make change). Some see ammo as a safe place to put their money. I've never traded or sold ammo or weapons at a loss.

Fortunately we don't have to worry about Bernie. If the DNC doesn't stop him Trump will.:thumbsup:

• Will that be Bernie's fault or the fault of the self fulfilling prophecy people that made ammo and guns scarce when Obama was elected?

Obama was the best friend and salesman of every gun manufacturing company in America when it came to sales simply because all the rednecks ran scared and bought everything up which drove up prices. Buttholes couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack but they know how to run scared.

• I have to admit - after the crash in 08’ I did invest a fairly decent amount in gold which I still have today. I figure that if the bottom ever really drops out again me and my bride will at least be able to keep a roof over our head and eat !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Obama was the best friend and salesman of every gun manufacturing company in America when it came to sales simply because all the rednecks ran scared and bought everything up which drove up prices. Buttholes couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack but they know how to run scared.

Obama surely boosted gun and ammo stocks. The guy at the Sporting goods store told me that the Remington Rep. said that Remington was running three shifts, pumping out ammo 24/7 Seven days a week during that period.

I would have "liked" your post, but I'm not a fan of negative blanket statements that include ALL members of any group("rednecks" in this case). Most groups and sub-groups are mostly great people, with exception for hate groups and terrorist organizations(which are hate groups...so).;)