Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

Funniest thing I have heard in a while ....

Was waiting for an appointment this afternoon and there was a TV on on the reception area ....

One of Bloombergs representatives was being interviewed, when asked about last nights debate he said.... "it took the Mayor a while to find his feet"

A well put together older lady on the other side of the room proclaimed in a loud, confident voice, never looking up from her magazine.... "he had no trouble finding his ass, because it was handed to him" .....

...... confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I think whoever said, "Bloomberg is in the race to spend as much as he wants against Trump without breaking campaign finance law" is correct. Trump doesn't care about campaign finance law or many other laws because he is unidictable.:D;(

Those laws can be tricky for anybody.

Obama’s 2008 campaign was fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for campaign reporting violations.

BTW it was me that said it.:thumbsup:

• Those laws can be tricky for anybody.

Obama’s 2008 campaign was fined $375,000 by the Federal Election Commission for campaign reporting violations.

BTW it was me that said it.:thumbsup:

be careful you dont want to burst anyones Obama love bubble - - - Obama couldn't have done anything wrong???

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• be careful you dont want to burst anyones Obama love bubble - - - Obama couldn't have done anything wrong???

All presidents do good and bad. Some do more good than bad and others do more bad than good. Much of the good and bad is a matter of opinion.

The proof that much of the bad and good is opinion is apparent when you hear Trump supporters praise Trump for doing something they vilified Obama for, even when Trump does it to a higher degree. Talk about "love bubbles".:* Love on Bubble Boy.:*

• Trump love bubble.:D

I am just thankful for the improvement in my personal bottom line and my improved ability to actually retire - - - under our prior administration I never felt as financially secure

interesting note - our average clients investment return in their retirement accounts last year was a bit over 21% and a few have been as high as 31% - - in 34 years of doing this we have never seen gains this consistently high across the board for almost all of our over 250 clients and their employees/ participants in their 401(k) and other retirement plans.

Under Obama for 8 years we were lucky to see 3% in any one year and even in all the years before Obama never as high as 2019 and this year so far

Trump may be a buffoon with a big mouth, but for some reason the markets love him and that has meant that workers in all economic ranges have had better opportunities to prepare for and build retirement security,

In the end I focus on how any given administration impacts my families bottom line - - and the Trump administration has been fantastic in that regard - - as such I can look past the stupid things he might say from time to time.

love him? - - no, but apparently the markets do and that is good for everyone who hopes to someday be able to retire - - - and yes that even includes you Wolfie - - unless you are so rich that retirement investments dont matter to you

• All presidents do good and bad. Some do more good than bad and others do more bad than good. Much of the good and bad is a matter of opinion.

Gonna have to say "Nope!" to that one. Much of the good and bad that presidents do is reflected in the economy.... like Carter's economic malaise and Reagan's recovery. Yes, Bush II must take his share of the blame for the depression of 2008 (his administration allowed the wildness in the banking industry and stock market that contributed to it), and Mr. Obama gets full credit for his 8-year non-recovery. The current Democrat claim that Trump's recovery was Obama's doing is absolutely laughable. :/

Trump's economy? You didn't build that, Mr. Obama! :thumbsup:

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• When the bottom fell out I lost very little in my 401 and recovered that in like three years after everything turned around. I know some that lost 50% and have never recovered. At this time what I pull out each year, I call my play money and without it I could not do what I do now. Hey! I am just an old mill hand that could only contribute to the 401 for around 10 years before forced retirement. I am hoping that I have a few more years before I become house bound.

• When the bottom fell out I lost very little in my 401 and recovered that in like three years after everything turned around. I know some that lost 50% and have never recovered. At this time what I pull out each year, I call my play money and without it I could not do what I do now. Hey! I am just an old mill hand that could only contribute to the 401 for around 10 years before forced retirement. I am hoping that I have a few more years before I become house bound.

We had money for my son's college fund invested with Ameriprise (AMEX market funds). That lost a bit over 50%, never recovered. I figure we could have put dollar bills in a shoebox in the closet and he would have had about the same $$$ for college. :cursing:

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• My 401k strategy has always been leave it alone don't touch it don't move the Investments around even when suggested by 401l managers. Fortunately it's worked out for me so far.

it all depends on how much time you have before retirement or college or whatever event you are saving for - if you have a long time then you can invest more aggressively knowing you should time to recover from any down turns. on the other hand if you are only a year or two away from needing it then you should invest in things that are less likely to suffer a loss

I had a Dr. client who lost a huge % of his retirement money in 2008. he was already planning on retiring - ended up not being able to do so and actually ended up working in a wheelchair until he passed away

• According to the latest Federal Election Commission (FEC) data released Thursday, covering Jan. 1 through Jan. 31, the Republican National Committee has $76 million cash-on-hand compared with the Democratic National Committee’s $9.9 million.

Meanwhile, the latest FEC filings show that President Trump’s re-election campaign and joint-fundraising committees have $124 million cash-on-hand; while his campaign alone has $92.6 million cash-on-hand.

As for the Democratic primary field, Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., has $16.8 million; former Vice President Joe Biden has $7.1 million; former South Bend, Ind. Mayor Pete Buttigieg has $6.6 million; Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., has $2.86 million; Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., has $2.3 million; and Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, has $2 million.

• According to the latest Federal Election Commission (FEC) data released Thursday, covering Jan. 1 through Jan. 31, the Republican National Committee has $76 million cash-on-hand compared with the Democratic National Committee’s $9.9 million.

Respectfully that really doesn't mean anything ... historically large dollar dem donors sit on their cash and pump it in to their PACs when needed .... I wouldn't be surprised if many learned from '16 and wait until last minute this time.

..... millionaire-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• My 401k strategy has always been leave it alone don't touch it don't move the Investments around even when suggested by 401l managers. Fortunately it's worked out for me so far.

I had everything in high risk and put in everything they would let me until I retired, since I had such a short time to build the 401, it was all or nothing. Another 5 years on either end would have been nice.

• Respectfully that really doesn't mean anything ... historically large dollar dem donors sit on their cash and pump it in to their PACs when needed .... I wouldn't be surprised if many learned from '16 and wait until last minute this time.

..... millionaire-squared

Actually many believe it is a sign of voter enthusiasm. early, smaller contributors may not be able to give as much money as the big PAC's will give by the time we get to the election, but this kind of money difference early on implies that the democrats are not nearly as energized as the republicans are

• Pension, so...;)

"Lucky to see 3%" seems very disingenuous. :/

• Pension, so...;)

"Lucky to see 3%" seems very disingenuous. :/

just giving you the information as I have witnessed it working as a third party administrator and actuarial associate on the over 250 retirement plans that our firm handles. To be honest in the Obama years the 3% would be generous on my part

oh and just to be clear - we do not actually deal with the investment choices in any way - we just do the accounting and required tax forms - investment choices are up to the employers who's plan it is and their employees

• just giving you the information as I have witnessed it working as a third party administrator and actuarial associate on the over 250 retirement plans that our firm handles. To be honest in the Obama years the 3% would be generous on my part

oh and just to be clear - we do not actually deal with the investment choices in any way - we just do the accounting and required tax forms - investment choices are up to the employers who's plan it is and their employees

Sounds like poor investing.

Here is an unbiased, interesting article on the subject.

https://www.financial-planning…ld-trump-and-barack-obama

• Sounds like poor investing.

Here is an unbiased, interesting article on the subject.

https://www.financial-planning…ld-trump-and-barack-obama

well Like I said - investment choices in 401(k) plans are usually left up to the participant and from my experience most are not experienced investors and many in fact leave their money in cash or very conservative mutual funds also some plans will pick a default investment if participants do not choose and those defaults are usually extremely safe and conservative - - - this very well could have lead to a lower gain in the plans that I look at - - - having said that it is the same plans I am looking at now that on average beat 21% in 2019