Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I read things like this and it becomes very hard to think that Democrat politicians even have a brain - -seriously are they just ignorant? and who in their right mind would vote for the people that that think this was a good idea?

And remember these are the same politicians that want to take away the guns from law abiding citizens

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• And talking about how the young well trained liberals are taking over the system, my wife and I went to the 10th annual National Alliance of Filipino Americans (NAFA) charity ball last night and had the opportunity to meet one of our cities newest Council members who is 1/2 our age - Grace Garner, 33 years old, Democrat lawyer, and first hispanic to be elected be on the council. and she actually went to school with my youngest =O=O

i-pPPDMCS-X2.jpg

As a side note, I may be prejudice, but to my eye my wife looks like she is almost the same age not even close to looking as much older as she actually is. :thumbsup:

• They look like sisters ED.

The Dems just signed bill in IL to require all foid ( firearm owner ID ) card holders to carry a min of $1 million liability insurance. This is a back Door to removing your guns if you can’t afford the ins. If you own a gun in IL you must have an foid card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• OH BOY !! If your an insurance salesman on the south side of Chicago I bet they are just makin a fortune selling that insurance - that should really help innocent bystanders to get compensated when they get hit by random gang fire. GEEZ what another stupid law !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Strange.. how their argument for no cash bail is based on the premise that it discriminates against the poor and minorities who cannot afford it however they have no problem taking the right to own a firearm away from those who can't afford to carry the imposed insurance requirement. So poor people either cannot afford to defend their home or are forced to break the law doing so.

.... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• As a CCW in Illinois we’ve had a mandatory FOID for a long time. That’s also required in addition to our Conceal Permit. I haven’t heard of this new law you state, but I wouldn’t put it past these cash cow politicians. That’ll throw a wrench in the mix for retired police officers as well.

• I heard Illinois is considering making it illegal to pump your own gas? Living in NJ one of the last back a$$ states in which it is illegal to pump your own gas I can tell you this is what you can look forward to. Get ready to wait! I can't tell you how many times at 5 a.m. lines are backed up at the local WAWA, Sheetz, Circle K, Quick Check or what ever convenience shop you use? You will sit and wait for the person who pulls up hands the clerk a card and requests a fill up. Then you get to sit in you car and watch them walk into the store to do their morning shopping picking up their coffee and deciding what they want for their custom order lunch.

If they put it on a ballot I would give it some thought. I would love to simply pump my own gas but Governor Murphey in Jersey doesn't think it's something ordinary people should do.

• I heard Illinois is considering making it illegal to pump your own gas? Living in NJ one of the last back a$$ states in which it is illegal to pump your own gas I can tell you this is what you can look forward to. Get ready to wait! I can't tell you how many times at 5 a.m. lines are backed up at the local WAWA, Sheetz, Circle K, Quick Check or what ever convenience shop you use? You will sit and wait for the person who pulls up hands the clerk a card and requests a fill up. Then you get to sit in you car and watch them walk into the store to do their morning shopping picking up their coffee and deciding what they want for their custom order lunch.

If they put it on a ballot I would give it some thought. I would love to simply pump my own gas but Governor Murphey in Jersey doesn't think it's something ordinary people should do.

I havent seen a station that offered full service in a very long time - - some years back there was one station that had one set of pumps that were full service, but the price per gallon on those pumps was also a good deal higher and no one ever used them - at least not that I saw. That station like all others I know of is all self serve now - also when I say full service I just mean they pump the gas for you - havent seen a real full service station where they wash the windows and check under the hood in 40 or more years - when I was a kid the stations all sold batteries and tires and most had full time mechanics that could do just about anything you might need - - actually that one station that I told you had the full service pumps actually still has service bays and mechanics that always seems to be full of cars and trucks being worked on - - but they won't pump your gas ;)

• I havent seen a station that offered full service in a very long time - - some years back there was one station that had one set of pumps that were full service, but the price per gallon on those pumps was also a good deal higher and no one ever used them - at least not that I saw. That station like all others I know of is all self serve now - also when I say full service I just mean they pump the gas for you - havent seen a real full service station where they wash the windows and check under the hood in 40 or more years - when I was a kid the stations all sold batteries and tires and most had full time mechanics that could do just about anything you might need - - actually that one station that I told you had the full service pumps actually still has service bays and mechanics that always seems to be full of cars and trucks being worked on - - but they won't pump your gas ;)

The good olé days! I wish they would give the option but NJ won't even allow that.

• I havent seen a station that offered full service in a very long time - - some years back there was one station that had one set of pumps that were full service, but the price per gallon on those pumps was also a good deal higher and no one ever used them - at least not that I saw. That station like all others I know of is all self serve now - also when I say full service I just mean they pump the gas for you - havent seen a real full service station where they wash the windows and check under the hood in 40 or more years - when I was a kid the stations all sold batteries and tires and most had full time mechanics that could do just about anything you might need - - actually that one station that I told you had the full service pumps actually still has service bays and mechanics that always seems to be full of cars and trucks being worked on - - but they won't pump your gas ;)

My first Job was a service station attendant for Standard Oil. I had to go to a service school in order to get the job. Paid $15.00 a week. I only got a raise after I joined the Navy my salary went all the way to $63.00 a month.

• My first Job was a service station attendant for Standard Oil. I had to go to a service school in order to get the job. Paid $15.00 a week. I only got a raise after I joined the Navy my salary went all the way to $63.00 a month.

I don't go back to the good olé days that far back. Can't say I enjoy getting older but I sure am glad I was lucky enough to grow up in a time when being a kid was spent being a kid. Business back then was centered around the customer.

• Is Bloomberg actually running for President or is it just an anti trump campaign to help the DNC. His ads don't say why he is better than the other candidates just hate on Trump. He can spend as much as he wants as a candidate but would be prohibited if giving to another campaign.

Edited once, last by Red ().

• I lean to the right but I was thinking Bloomberg seemed like the best candidate for the Dumocrats . After watching everything he said in the past he's a real ass hole!

I heard someone (not a conservative) say today, that at some time in the near future Bloomberg will be forced to become a candidate and not just an add campaign ... they thought when that happens it will be over for him because he will have to directly face his past. They also thought no matter how he does he will stay in as long as he can and pump $$$ in the race to try and hurt the President. So even some of those on his side are echoing what Red thought.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......