Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• If you are able to work you should not get money from anyone. In today's world even if you have a disability there are still many jobs out there that can be done. If you're trying to receive any Federal aid you should have to take a Drug Test as a requirement to receive such aid.

• Always impresses me how smart you guys are. Always is interesting when I’m gone for a day to come back and see all the excellent perspectives on things y’all have come up with. I gotta take issue with one though - a split ticket. The only reason this would even be thought of is trying to garner votes. No matter who wins the election and sits in the Oval Office - does anybody really think Pelosi, Schumer, McConnell, and McCarthy are all gonna take a big sigh, hug and go out to dinner if a split ticket were to win??😂 Everybody is dug in - ready to fight to the bloody end. We are so divided I’m not sure if we were able to resurrect George Washington and Martin Luther King - then put them on an independent ticket to run for President that they could win - let alone unify.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• The Tax Policy Center has updated its estimate of the percentage of Americans who pay no federal individual income taxes. And the number is: 44 percent in 2018—about 2 percentage points above last year.

Personally I think all working people should pay something - it doesn't have to be much if you are low income, but you should at least be in the game if you are going to get any of the benefits - JMO

I actually think we should get rid of income taxes all together and replace it with a "consumption" tax - the more you buy, the more you use, the more you pay - - - big problem with people who talk about a VAT or consumption tax is that they always want it as an addition to the income tax and not as a replacement

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• so are you saying you are for a flat tax where all income is taxed at the same percentage for all people?

and should people who own a closely held corporation have to pay both that flat tax on their personal income and then an additional corporate tax? like it is now or would all of the income of the corporation and what they take personally only be taxed once?

I have made it very clear through the years on this forum that I would love a flat tax. A flat tax would put an end to class warfare. People aren't upset that rich people are rich, they get upset when they make $30k a year and pay more tax than a billionaire or corporation. A flat % tax, with no loop holes would fix that and help get rid of the deficit. Who knows, once the deficit is gone, maybe we could have extra money for great social and recreational programs. I would have voted for Cruz if he were the nominee last time, because he said wanted a flat tax.

If I was an owner of a business, I would expect my business to get the flat tax, and my income as an employee of my company to get hit with the flat tax. Since my wages wouldn't count as profit for the company, it wouldn't get taxed twice, it would only get taxed on my personal income records.

I would want companies only to get taxed on profit, not all income as much of that goes right back out the door to employees and other businesses.

• Perhaps a consumption tax would be a better alternative than a flat tax? Think of all the people making a living illegally or subsidizing income illegally i.e. drug dealing, counterfeiting, human trafficking etc. no taxes charged and its destroying the country. Those businesses are getting a free ride! The very thing costing taxpayers & businesses billions a year.

A consumption tax would include everyone. It could be adjusted to slowly and steadily draw down the deficit.

• The Tax Policy Center has updated its estimate of the percentage of Americans who pay no federal individual income taxes. And the number is: 44 percent in 2018—about 2 percentage points above last year.

Personally I think all working people should pay something - it doesn't have to be much if you are low income, but you should at least be in the game if you are going to get any of the benefits - JMO

I actually think we should get rid of income taxes all together and replace it with a "consumption" tax - the more you buy, the more you use, the more you pay - - - big problem with people who talk about a VAT or consumption tax is that they always want it as an addition to the income tax and not as a replacement

Consumption tax or VAT is really quite regressive. The poor & middle class who spend all they earn pay a far higher % of total income than wealthier people who can put some aside and NOT spend it, thus sheltering their income.

I like a flat tax - everyone pays the same %.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I have made it very clear through the years on this forum that I would love a flat tax. A flat tax would put an end to class warfare. People aren't upset that rich people are rich, they get upset when they make $30k a year and pay more tax than a billionaire or corporation. A flat % tax, with no loop holes would fix that and help get rid of the deficit. Who knows, once the deficit is gone, maybe we could have extra money for great social and recreational programs. I would have voted for Cruz if he were the nominee last time, because he said wanted a flat tax.

If I was an owner of a business, I would expect my business to get the flat tax, and my income as an employee of my company to get hit with the flat tax. Since my wages wouldn't count as profit for the company, it wouldn't get taxed twice, it would only get taxed on my personal income records.

I would want companies only to get taxed on profit, not all income as much of that goes right back out the door to employees and other businesses.

The problem with a flat tax is that nobody wants a truly flat tax. Everybody, bottom to top pays the same percent. All the plans I've seen allow people at the bottom end to be exempt. It won't happen because it doesn't pander to any group to get votes.

• The problem with a flat tax is that nobody wants a truly flat tax. Everybody, bottom to top pays the same percent. All the plans I've seen allow people at the bottom end to be exempt. It won't happen because it doesn't pander to any group to get votes.

Not pandering to any group is exactly why it should be implemented.

• Perhaps a consumption tax would be a better alternative than a flat tax? Think of all the people making a living illegally or subsidizing income illegally i.e. drug dealing, counterfeiting, human trafficking etc. no taxes charged and its destroying the country. Those businesses are getting a free ride! The very thing costing taxpayers & businesses billions a year.

A consumption tax would include everyone. It could be adjusted to slowly and steadily draw down the deficit.

I like the idea of capturing illicit money. Many states already have sales tax, which is consumption tax. Michigan's is 6%.

Either flat or sales tax would be better than the complicated, loophole laden system we have now. I would have teams of accountants work out all the math based on the most recent 5 years and compare sales figures throughout the U.S. and incomes/ corporate profits figures from the same 5 years and which ever came out to the highest government take, go with that one. Illicit funds may slip through depending on the outcome, but the country would be in the best position.:)

• A Federal Sales Tax on everything but food. Dissolve the IRS - wouldn’t be needed and we save billions. If you don’t buy anything you pay no tax. That would put everybody paying the exact same tax - no matter your needs or resources. The more you buy the more tax you pay. Bad thing it would really increase the price tag on big ticket items such as houses, cars, boats, Slingshots 😩

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I'm all for simplifying the tax code. Last year was the first in over 20 that I didn't go long form on taxes. With the standard deduction being doubled I couldn't beat it with a long form.

Now if they would quit killing me with property tax I'd be happier.

Flat or consumption without exemptions sounds great. Unfortunately the beast is greedy, income tax, sales tax, fuel tax, property tax the list is ridiculous.

• I always liked the idea of a flat tax. But it needs to be on gross income not only profit. Because when you say on profit, that suggests write offs. And that's the problem we have now. I can't remember the person running for president many years ago that advocated for a flat tax but he didn't win. Oh. One more thing. Flat tax and no REFUNDS from IRS. Hopefully, the IRS would go away or downsized to just monitor GROSS income reporting. Tax is taken out of paycheck by employer and sent to government. Self employed continues to file 1099.

• I always liked the idea of a flat tax. But it needs to be on gross income not only profit. Because when you say on profit, that suggests write offs. And that's the problem we have now. I can't remember the person running for president many years ago that advocated for a flat tax but he didn't win. Oh. One more thing. Flat tax and no REFUNDS from IRS. Hopefully, the IRS would go away or downsized to just monitor GROSS income reporting. Tax is taken out of paycheck by employer and sent to government. Self employed continues to file 1099.

how could you tax a business on gross income? many businesses don't make any profits in their early years and even operate at a loss where their operating costs exceed their income - - if they were to be taxed on the gross before taking away the expenses you would tax them right out of business - -

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I knew this would come up as an issue. I figure it this way. If you're ready to invest You can't have your cake and eat it too. I would be willing to go No taxes, if you have no profit for the first So many years but after that you need to be taxed on Gross. And you cannot incorporate and reincorporate to avoid taxes . This is why our tax system is so complicated.There is no real Good solution for everyone. Maybe the tax system we have now is the best.