Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• The wheels on the bus go round n round

Fifth place and no delegates that bus they threw him under might be too much to get past

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Astonished by the Democratic results in NH.

33 candidates shown by A.P. List goes all the way down to Raymond Moroz who got all of 9 votes...

Then it shows that "Other candidates" got over 4,000 votes! This "Other" fellow would have come in 9th! I wonder if 4,000 people were writing in their uncle, or maybe "Other" as a protest vote? Maybe the ballot was as long as a phone book!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• (D)Klobuchar or (D)Warren with (R)Jeff Flake as V.P. would be a pretty strong ticket and show they truly are intent on healing the country. I would feel good about that vote.;)

EDIT: Dems will vote for whoever is on the ballot. Never Trumpers will vote for whoever is on the ticket. Independents and Republicans that want to heal the divide and have a relatively normal/traditional President that doesn't react like a child towards every slight will greatly appreciate the idea of a (R) V.P. as part of a Democrat ticket, because they are still voting for a Republican that may temper some of the worst Democrat impulses.:)

WARREN —— REALLY???? I can’t believe you would support her for dog catcher - she would bankrupt the pound !! Klobuchar - I wouldn’t jump off a building - you had me thinkin you were center left - damn if they haven’t drug you deep into left field. I’m lookin for my life ring to toss ya now 😂😂

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• WOLF I must say that picking Jeff Flake as someone Republicans would trust and vote for is rather off the mark. That man is more like Bernie, someone who chose a party he didn't support or believe in as a flag of convenience.

There in lies the problem and why a split ticket would be good. People in the middle, Right and Left of center see somebody that doesn't always tow the party line as a person that holds to their beliefs. Those on the left and right consider it an act of treason against their party. Rational, free thinking Republicans would very much vote for Flake over Trump.

People on both sides recognize the divide in our country. People on both sides proclaim it needs to be fixed. Those same people denounce anyone that splits from their party on any votes or arguments. That, to me, is insanity.

• WARREN —— REALLY???? I can’t believe you would support her for dog catcher - she would bankrupt the pound !! Klobuchar - I wouldn’t jump off a building - you had me thinkin you were center left - damn if they haven’t drug you deep into left field. I’m lookin for my life ring to toss ya now 😂😂

I said over on the dark side, before she was "Pocahontas" that I liked her. Her latching on to Bernie's plan knocked her down a peg in my view. That is why I feel I could vote for her if Flake were her VP, because he could temper some of her Bernie ambitions.

• I said over on the dark side, before she was "Pocahontas" that I liked her. Her latching on to Bernie's plan knocked her down a peg in my view. That is why I feel I could vote for her if Flake were her VP, because he could temper some of her Bernie ambitions.

Warren's campaign chairman said last night that Warren is going to abandon her student loan forgiveness plan in efforts to revive her campaign. Gee, since she was GIVING free money to college grads and now she's not going to - does that make her an INDIAN GIVER?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Actually, the Lincoln / Jackson ticket was not a republican ticket. Both men ran together on the National Union party ticket.

This doesn't show a single split party ticket all the way back to Washington. The Adams / Jefferson "ticket" never existed - both men ran against each other from different parties.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…arty_presidential_tickets

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Rational, free thinking Republicans would very much vote for Flake over Trump.

You forget that Flake was as popular as Scurvy in his own state which is why he didn't run again. Does that mean there are no "rational, free thinking Republicans" in AZ .... is this your "basket of deplorables" moment ... wink-squared

As I see it this is the biggest problem the left has, they run on feelings and personalities and cannot understand how anyone whose beliefs run contrary to theirs can be "rational" or "free thinking" when intolerance of others opinions is the antithesis of both.

We just went through this exact problem on this very forum. A microcosm of the 2020 election as I see it. A member who could not understand how anyone could disagree with his opinion. And because he was so important he thought he could hold the forum hostage to silence others. He did exactly what he complained about and created an issue where none existed before. Now that it is has gone sideways for him the line is he was just doing it for the good of everyone.

Seems the left hasn't learned anything from 2016.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I believe you called me out on "context" recently. Funny how you take my statement out of context then go on with a long, "teachable" moment. My last couple sentences defined insanity in my view. Many Trump supporters* make the conflicting arguments I sighted... Please don't try to twist my words and meanings, you are better than that.

*I also said both parties have people that make those conflicting arguments. Just in case you wanted to twist that one.;)

I also sighted Republicans in the sentence in question, as I was responding to a post about republicans.:*

• I believe you called me out on "context" recently. Funny how you take my statement out of context then go on with a long, "teachable" moment. My last couple sentences defined insanity in my view. Many Trump supporters* make the conflicting arguments I sighted... Please don't try to twist my words and meanings, you are better than that.

*I also said both parties have people that make those conflicting arguments. Just in case you wanted to twist that one.;)

I also sighted Republicans in the sentence in question, as I was responding to a post about republicans.:*

Don't play the victim, you are better than that ;)

Beyond my first comment which was an attempt at good humor my post was a generalization and not focused on anything about you or what you posted (For future reference I don't include you in "the left") ... just in case it was not clear to you ... :*

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Orangeman I also didn't say ALL rational, free thinking Republicans. I said, "rational, free thinking Republicans".

If I produced a tool and stated, "smart, competent mechanics would very much choose Wolf tools over Mac tools". You can't honestly think I believe every mechanic that doesn't buy my tools is stupid and incompetent. If you could think that, you don't understand me or you don't understand the way the world and the english language works.;)

• Re-read your second paragraph again. You very much were lumping me in with "the left" and even quoted my "rational" and "free thinking" in that paragraph.

• Trump more than doubles Obama's vote - - -

seems all the impeachment did was to get Trump voters fired up in record numbers - - numbers that kill what Obama, Bush or Clinton got in their re election bids

If I were a never trump person I would be very worried - - no Dem seems to getting any serious support so far - even Bernie's numbers last night didn't come close to the numbers he got against Hillary in New Hampshire last time around - - and Warren - - on life support and about to pull the plug

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Trump more than doubles Obama's vote - - -

seems all the impeachment did was to get Trump voters fired up in record numbers - - numbers that kill what Obama, Bush or Clinton got in their re election bids

If I were a never trump person I would be very worried - - no Dem seems to getting any serious support so far - even Bernie's numbers last night didn't come close to the numbers he got against Hillary in New Hampshire last time around - - and Warren - - on life support and about to pull the plug

I was looking at the vote tallies this morning and was wondering how many of those for all the Dems would vote for any Dem. If they are voting for who they like now, but will ultimately vote for whoever the Dems put forth than the Dem numbers win. However, I've heard Republican pundits encouraging republicans to vote for different democrat candidates to further mess up the Democrat field. So, with that in mind, there is no way to know what are the real numbers. Furthermore, this is the primaries and many people from both sides, especially Trumps side(sitting President) won't even bother to vote right now. That makes the numbers even less meaningful, because on both sides especially Trumps, the numbers are lower than they will be.

What is interesting is I have heard zero, zip, nada about a green party, libertarian party...candidate. Looks like the "powers that be" do not want anyone voting outside the two parties.