Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• this will never get past the senate and even if it did I highly suspect Trump would veto it

This bill is all about political posturing before an election - they know it will never pass they just want the talking point

It will take past the election to get something like this past committee, the House, and to the Senate ....

Consider if the dems keep the House, take the Senate, and the Presidency ......

Also consider that every cosponsor is backing one of the two leading dem candidates who both agree with the concept ....

There is a path, and they are quietly taking the first steps .....

...... bored-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• you are quite correct about that - never the less, I like my Congress Critters to know where I stand, and in this case that I back them in their opinions. :thumbsup:

Sometimes I forget that some people actually live in a place where their "representatives" actually represent them - ;(

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Agreed, If President Trump looses the election and the Republications loose control of the Senate it's a clear unobstructed path for generations. Promising free programs is a tool to get to that point. Power grab just around the corner.

• Luckily our Rep is not among that group .....

The "last full measure of devotion" that Lincoln spoke of means more today than it did then. Modern medical science allows service men and women to survive wounds that would have been universally fatal just a generation ago. Just because they survive doesn't mean that the sacrifice and the struggle are over. Today's vet needs more support, more love, and more respect from the community - and often for decades.

A funeral takes an hour. Supporting a wounded vet with respect and support is the duty of every American - and it takes a lifetime.

If you go to an airport, this is a great opportunity. You will almost certainly see uniformed service men and women there. Take a minute, shake a hand, say "Thank you for your service!", but a cup of coffee. Let them know how much their service means to you!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• The Senate should overwhelmingly pass this bill and send it to the white house for trumps signature. He should invite Schumer, Pelosi and Schiff to witness his signing the legislation. He should then sign it boldly saying NO WAY, tear the document up and hand out ceremonial pens to the crowd. Wonder how Nutty Nancy would like that idea?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I watched Tucker Carlson’s commentary on the New Way Forward bill and it is past frightening. His question “Why is the media not reporting in this legislation?”. IMO just more proof the media is in liberals dugout not wanting your average American to know the crazy direction the left wants to go. If these people get the power they so desperately seek we can kiss the country we have lived in and loved for so many years goodbye. If you want a vision of their America just go to LA, San Francisco, or Seattle - one beautiful cities. Now over taxed, filthy, drug infested bastions of liberal ideology. I hope and pray there are enough sane Americans left to see past the Dems kumbya ideology in favor of law and order coupled with prosperity.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• The Senate should overwhelmingly pass this bill and send it to the white house for trumps signature. He should invite Schumer, Pelosi and Schiff to witness his signing the legislation. He should then sign it boldly saying NO WAY, tear the document up and hand out ceremonial pens to the crowd. Wonder how Nutty Nancy would like that idea?

sounds good, but before he does this he should let Pelosi make a nice speech and as this is happening he should sit quietly in the background making little tears in the papers to get ready

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• This is an interesting read, even WOLF might find it interesting.

https://www.vox.com/platform/a…2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From %251%24s

He finished strong.

James Carville

"I think the other side wants us to think there are no swing voters, that we’re doomed and it doesn’t even matter if you have a message because you can’t reach anyone. I think that’s bullshit. I think that’s a wholly incorrect view of American politics. But look, if no one’s persuadable, then let’s just have the revolution.

Falling into despair won’t help anyone, though. I mean, you can curse the darkness or you can light a candle. I’m getting a fucking welding torch. Okay?"

Maybe he should be running. :)

• On the Impeachment subject:

Facts:

Trump is guilty of "Abuse of Power"

Trump was NOT exonerated.

The House Dems proved their case and had sufficient evidence despite Trump's blocking of info.

Romney is not "smarter" than the other Republican senators as Bill Martin inferred. He only held to his oath, unlike the others.

Several Republican Senators said publicly that the House proved their case, as a defense for not needing more witnesses or documents.

Rubio said, "It was impeachable, but i couldn't vote to impeach in this partisan impeachment". WOW! You're a Republican, it isn't partisan if you vote on the facts and your conclusion, plus...Romney.

Another Republican Senator said the House proved it's case, but he would acquit Trump because he would rather have Trump than Warren. Against his oath, but honest. I believe this is where most non-implicated Republican Senators fell.

One of Trumps lawyers publicly stated he will not vote for Trump again because he believes that Trump is guilty.

Contrary to Trump's defense and many House and Senate Republicans, " The most dangerous precedent this impeachment sets is that impeachments will be used more often to get rid of a President simply because you don't like him", is not the most dangerous precedent.

Trumps defense argued that, "A president can do whatever he wants if they think it is for the betterment of the country. President Trump believes that him being President is for the betterment of the country. Therefore what he did is legal". <THAT is the most dangerous precedence that was set because of this impeachment trial and the Republicans acquittal of President Trump.

I would have voted exactly how Romney did. I too would have acquitted Trump on the " Obstruction of Congress". Both sides made good arguments for and against. Based on the arguments I couldn't figure out from a legal standpoint whether the House or Trump was at fault for the lack of those extra witnesses and documents.

It sure didn't take many of you long to mimic all the Republican pundit's talking points on Romney. I have always liked Romney. If you venture on The Dark Side's "politics suck" thread, you will see where I say that the Romney v Obama election was the toughest for me because I liked them both a lot. I am happy a fellow Mormon (I was raised Mormon) stayed true to his oath, faith and country. It was not a typical political move as he will never get the Republican nomination again, he is in a Republican state and Trump and his base will spread all manner of lies and insults about him. It was a faith based decision as he stated. He is Mormon in a Mormon state and Mormon's don't take kindly to those that turn a blind eye or good men that do nothing.

• I would be more likely to believe Trump was guilty if the whole mess was not so partisan. Had the house allowed equal participation from BOTH sides, gotten all the testimony, (not required the Senate to call the Dem’s witnesses) and made a bipartisan case before deciding to impeach. I could have been persuaded. However, they did not. They only presented their side, and not completely at that. Rushed the decision before the people, and showed NO evidence that would hold up in court! They crowed about how they had completed the work and took it to the Senate. The Senate saw an incomplete case, that was one sided. Yes, Trump did not assist the House, no defendant needs to! The Rep’s should have thrown out the case and voted to remove the impeachment, but that would have left the door open to the Dem’s pulling this shit again and wasting even more money and time.

You can say that the witnesses believed that he did this. But that is opinion not fact. If you listen to the tape there is no mention of Biden, period.

Corruption in Ukraine was bad enough the Biden had to bribe them to remove a prosecutor. The new president was elected in May 2019 and was in the process of making changes to fight corruption throughout the summer. That is why Trump was looking at the results and wanted to hold back the aid (my opinion).

This shit goes on daily, in business and in government.

The Dem’s overreached and lost, this time. They are going after him still and will not quit. Maybe next time they will do it correctly.

YLM. Your Life Matters

• I’M SHOCKED YOU WOULD HAVE VOTED TO CONVICT !!
    Don’t even bring his religion into this. He was a bad presidential candidate - then ready to kiss Trump’s ass until he kicked him to the curb. He is a weak Rhino who will now be even less effective for the people of his state than before.

TRUMP 1

NEVER TRUMPERS

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• He would have a better chance than the current field.

• Several of your "facts" are flat out wrong, made up, misquotes, or portions of answers to hypothetical question without context ......

As a start, here is Marco Rubios (my Senator BTW) statement: https://medium.com/@SenatorMar…chment-trial-9669e82ccb43 ... what you "quoted" was a skewed interpretation of a much more complex stream of thought and not what he said .....

But you already know this ..... tongue-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Rubio tweeted what I quoted. There is no "complex stream of thought" on Twitter.;)

The President's defense did claim he can do what he wants for the betterment of the country and that in context included pressuring a foreign government by withholding aid and a Whitehouse visit to dig up dirt on a political opponent. FACT!

I didn't lay back and listen to pundits tell me, what happened throughout the trial, who they think lied or told the truth, what narrative they pulled from it.