Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I prefer my leaders to have second, third, fourth and sometimes fifth thoughts before using lethal force.;)

• Don't worry if Bernie gets in he'll take it from you and give it to some welfare bastard

I can stop that from happening, all Mr Bill has to do is send me all his money and it will be safe. Nobody would give a second thought to me having any money, his money would be real safe in my hands.

• Ever since about March of 2013 the Dow has been setting, "new record highs".;)

You really gonna throw that out there??? The Obama economy was dismal at best. I have an investment broker that is WAY smarter on the economy and I would venture to say most here on the forum (that’s why he gets the big bucks 😂). He phoned me the DAY after Trump won the election. He said he needed to reconstruct my portfolio for the new Trump economy. I’m happy to report he was right!!! The return on my investments are up 42% over the BEST year of the Obama administration. Trying to say Obama did as well as Trump in the economy is so absurd it is almost comical.Sorry Bud — you really threw out a WEAK argument there!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• You really gonna throw that out there??? The Obama economy was dismal at best. I have an investment broker that is WAY smarter on the economy and I would venture to say most here on the forum (that’s why he gets the big bucks 😂). He phoned me the DAY after Trump won the election. He said he needed to reconstruct my portfolio for the new Trump economy. I’m happy to report he was right!!! The return on my investments are up 42% over the BEST year of the Obama administration. Trying to say Obama did as well as Trump in the economy is so absurd it is almost comical.Sorry Bud — you really threw out a WEAK argument there!!!

Agreed, but at least under Obama there was a gain. With the upcoming elections and the radical proposals if anyone other than Trump wins I shudder to think what will happen to the economy. Free health care, free education, social programs, open borders.

I'm all for the environment but the free market will find a way. There is a profit to be made in green initiatives and carbon reduction. But for the government to force companies beyond that margin is only going to place them into a noncompetitive playing field with global markets not playing the same game. The result would be American business shutting down, in turn opening up markets to non-compliance companies. Now you have more pollution than before. A multi fold disaster. Job loss, economy tanking and more pollution.

• If my memory serves me I think I voted for JFK but he was the last Democrat I voted for. Go Navy!!!

• Agreed, but at least under Obama there was a gain. With the upcoming elections and the radical proposals if anyone other than Trump wins I shudder to think what will happen to the economy. Free health care, free education, social programs, open borders.

I'm all for the environment but the free market will find a way. There is a profit to be made in green initiatives and carbon reduction. But for the government to force companies beyond that margin is only going to place them into a noncompetitive playing field with global markets not playing the same game. The result would be American business shutting down, in turn opening up markets to non-compliance companies. Now you have more pollution than before. A multi fold disaster. Job loss, economy tanking and more pollution.

I think it will be like the California gold rush days if anybody besides Trump is elected - investors will run to gold causing a huge market sell off resulting in another crash. Of course that is just my opinion - the other side said the market would crash if Trump was elected and look how wrong they were - time will tell....

• You really gonna throw that out there??? The Obama economy was dismal at best. I have an investment broker that is WAY smarter on the economy and I would venture to say most here on the forum (that’s why he gets the big bucks 😂). He phoned me the DAY after Trump won the election. He said he needed to reconstruct my portfolio for the new Trump economy. I’m happy to report he was right!!! The return on my investments are up 42% over the BEST year of the Obama administration. Trying to say Obama did as well as Trump in the economy is so absurd it is almost comical.Sorry Bud — you really threw out a WEAK argument there!!!

I simply stated a fact. Look at the Dow from the date I stated. It maintains the exact angle from then through today. Sorry your "smart" investment broker didn't restructure your portfolio sooner. That isn't Obama's fault. Also, the market always surges when Republicans are elected. They cut regulations that helped the planet(air, water, tree protections) and workers and increase profits for companies. Doesn't take a "smart investment broker" to see that.

Side note: I thought we settled years ago that all the good stock market trends that happened while Obama was in office were because of Bush policies. At the same time we established that DAY 1 of Trumps presidency became Trumps great doing, leaving zero room for Obama to effect the market. I was simply and accurately stating that the Dow was hitting record highs for almost 3 years before Trump took office. We previously agreed who was responsible. SORRY BUD...that was a WEAK argument you put forth. The judge threw out the case.:00008172:

• I simply stated a fact. Look at the Dow from the date I stated. It maintains the exact angle from then through today. Sorry your "smart" investment broker didn't restructure your portfolio sooner. That isn't Obama's fault. Also, the market always surges when Republicans are elected. They cut regulations that helped the planet(air, water, tree protections) and workers and increase profits for companies. Doesn't take a "smart investment broker" to see that.

Side note: I thought we settled years ago that all the good stock market trends that happened while Obama was in office were because of Bush policies. At the same time we established that DAY 1 of Trumps presidency became Trumps great doing, leaving zero room for Obama to effect the market. I was simply and accurately stating that the Dow was hitting record highs for almost 3 years before Trump took office. We previously agreed who was responsible. SORRY BUD...that was a WEAK argument you put forth. The judge threw out the case.:00008172:

Flawed evidence presented again !!

As you can plainly see Obama’s performance was the poorest economy since my beloved Ronnie Regan. Bill Clinton has the best and I kinda liked him for a Democrat - he was a decent President (can’t blame him at all for the Monica Lewinsky thing considering who he was married to) and far superior to Obama. As for my broker - you should know this - IT’S ALL ABOUT THE DIVIDENDS BABY !!! If investment strategy was as easy as you depict - no one would need brokers - ever heard of Merrill Lynch ??? :00008172:

• Flawed evidence presented again !!

As you can plainly see Obama’s performance was the poorest economy since my beloved Ronnie Regan. Bill Clinton has the best and I kinda liked him for a Democrat - he was a decent President (can’t blame him at all for the Monica Lewinsky thing considering who he was married to) and far superior to Obama. As for my broker - you should know this - IT’S ALL ABOUT THE DIVIDENDS BABY !!! If investment strategy was as easy as you depict - no one would need brokers - ever heard of Merrill Lynch ??? :00008172:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m…amp/idUSTRE50F1Q720090116

Read the first paragraph. Is that the Merrill Lynch with lots of "smart investment brokers" you speak of. WEAK!:00008084:

Pointing out a totally different, unrelated data point, I.E. new topic(DOW was the topic) doesn't make previously stated FACTS untrue.WEAK!!;)

Also, your new topic intro was WEAK as it lacks context. Here is some context to go with your WEAK rudimentary graphic.:)

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-gdp-growth-3306008

To add more context to my last link, Obama's first year as President was 2009. Which again is irrelevant to our conversations Bill, because WE agreed that Obama had nothing to do with the economy ever. Remember, Bush Sr. policies created Clinton's great years, Bush fixed Clinton's mistakes, Obama just coasted on Bush's great policies and then Trump just built off of Bush's policies. When it crashes it is all the Republicans fault.:P

• Matt, Matt Matt/ You seem to forget that even Obama himself knew he couldn't help the country financially. That's why he ran on the platform of CHANGE. After 8 years of his Presidency, all I had left was CHANGE. Now after 3 1/2 years of Trump, I can put gas in my Slingshot. I'm just sayin'....................

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• WOLF your DOW statement about Obama is correct but not in context. Granted the economy he inherited had just had the worst crash since the Great Depression BUT the recovery had nothing to do with Obama policies. With his “pen and phone” he did more to restrict business with regulations and red tape causing TRILLIONS of dollars to leave the country. The economy rebounded in spite of Obama rather that because of him showing the power of American business. So the best you can say is even though Obama tried to push us into another Great Depression he was unsuccessful. BTW - how is you 401k under Trump as opposed to Obama ??

PS. Merrill Lynch had financial difficulties over the real estate crash - NOT bad financial advice - my guy is still smarter than your guy :00008359::00008359::00008359:

• I had no issues with Bill Clinton but it should also be noted that personal computers came of age during those years. Not to take anything away but a huge boost to the economy! I would be able to accept an Obama equivalent but the current democratic canadettes are out of control.

My 401k was over the top better under Trump. People need to understand that not only wealthy people invested and depend on the stock market. If the USMCA & China deals go through I can only imagine how much better it will be!

• I had no issues with Bill Clinton but it should also be noted that personal computers came of age during those years. Not to take anything away but a huge boost to the economy! I would be able to accept an Obama equivalent but the current democratic canadettes are out of control.

My 401k was over the top better under Trump. People need to understand that not only wealthy people invested and depend on the stock market. If the USMCA & China deals go through I can only imagine how much better it will be!

:00008172:

• WOLF your DOW statement about Obama is correct but not in context. Granted the economy he inherited had just had the worst crash since the Great Depression BUT the recovery had nothing to do with Obama policies. With his “pen and phone” he did more to restrict business with regulations and red tape causing TRILLIONS of dollars to leave the country. The economy rebounded in spite of Obama rather that because of him showing the power of American business. So the best you can say is even though Obama tried to push us into another Great Depression he was unsuccessful. BTW - how is you 401k under Trump as opposed to Obama ??

PS. Merrill Lynch had financial difficulties over the real estate crash - NOT bad financial advice - my guy is still smarter than your guy :00008359::00008359::00008359:

I would hope your guy is smarter than a non-existent guy.:P

Why do you and Funinthesun keep mentioning Obama? Do I need to go back and find where we agreed to conclude he had NOTHING to do with the economy being good or bad, before, during or after his presidency? It is in this thread.;)

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to answer your 401k question. I don't have one, PENTION BABY!!! and a 403B(set it and forget it), and a few side stocks. The wife's 401k was up above pre crash values in 2012. I don't track hers, she does. I just know it lost A LOT in the crash and gained it back and then some.

• I keep mentioning Obama since he's the first and only non US born President in the history of this country. It;s wither that, or he had no problems lying his way into free money for his education as a foreign born student. Anyone who can avoid answering those valid questions has a tip of my hat. Plus it was refreshing to hear his wife publicly come out and say in 2008 that for the first time in her life, she's proud to be an American. Why wouldn't she when this great country of ours would be providing her and Barack a lifetime 5 figure pension and all the other perks that none of us could ever imagine we would have

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE