Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Peanut butter whiskey? Sounds like it has potential to be quite tasty. Is it tasty?

Also, yes, it is 2020 now around 12:30EST in the afternoon on the 2nd of January. ;)That answers my other question...Is that whiskey strong?:D

You would not believe how good Screwball is - dangerdarrell turned me on to this stuff. Tasty, smooth and is great as a shot.....even with a milk chaser - good for your bones !!!:00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• [quote='WOLF','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/369-politics-suck/&postID=292230#post292230']

Is new years over what day is it or time or year.

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/103113/

Peanut butter whiskey? Sounds like it has potential to be quite tasty. Is it tasty?

Also, yes, it is 2020 now around 12:30EST in the afternoon on the 2nd of January. ;)That answers my other question...Is that whiskey strong?:D

[/quote]

Very smooth. Goes great with any cigar.
    Bill Martin and Danger Darrel turned me on to this drink from the Gods last Eurika Springs meet.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

By the time I save up for mods, I have to buy another rear tire :cursing:

• YOU WILL PROBABLY NEVER SEE THIS AGAIN.

Thought you'd enjoy this!

It's one you want your Children and Grandchildren to read.  They won't believe this happened, but it DID

Harry & Bess

Harry Truman was a different kind of President. He probably made as many, or more important decisions regarding our nation's history as any of the other 32 Presidents preceding him. However, a measure of his greatness may rest on what he did after he left the White House.

The only asset he had when he died was the house he lived in, which was in Independence , Missouri . His wife had inherited the house from her mother and father and other than their years in the White House, they lived their entire lives there.

When he retired from office in 1952 his income was a U.S. Army pension reported to have been $13,507.72 a year. Congress, noting that he was paying for his stamps and personally licking them, granted him an 'allowance' and later, a retroactive pension of $25,000 per year.

After President Eisenhower was inaugurated, Harry and Bess drove home to Missouri by themselves. There was no Secret Service following them.

When offered corporate positions at large salaries, he declined, stating, "You don't want me. You want the office of the President, and that doesn't belong to me.. It belongs to the American people and it's not for sale."

Even later, on May 6, 1971, when Congress was preparing to award him the Medal of Honor on his 87th birthday, he refused to accept it, writing, "I don't consider that I have done anything which should be the reason for any award, Congressional or otherwise."

As president he paid for all of his own travel expenses and food.

Modern politicians have found a new level of success in cashing in on the Presidency, resulting in untold wealth. Today, too many in Congress also have found a way to become quite wealthy while enjoying the fruits of their offices. Political offices are now for sale (i.e. Illinois).

Good old Harry Truman was correct when he observed, "My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!

We ought to have cloned him for telling it like it is and being frugal with our tax dollars!

• I can understand the thought process and difficulty on decisions to take out someone like Soleimani. It is a tough call. Knowing this guy was involved in decisions involving the deaths of hundreds/thousands of people. It has the potential to escalate and cause more loss of life.

What would you do? Nothing and know that somewhere down the road others will certainly die for the choice of inaction and continue that road.

Where is the UN? What a POS organization. A total waste! Soleimani was in Iraq a few miles from the American Embassy, his name was being spray painted on the embassy walls while under attract. An Iranian general, a few miles away from the American embassy under attack in Iraq? Surely this guy was in town for a bingo convention! No issues there, Those terrible Americans.

Are you kidding me. I don't have the words to say. WTF I don't know?

UN step up! At least confirm this guy was a leader of a terrorist organization. What a waste!

Personally I hope we pull out of that whole area. I guarantee the terrorism will not stop because it has nothing to do with us or our influence. Nothing.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports…ttacks-black-brown-people

A person like Kaepernick has the ability to influence youth (all youth) to graduate high school and focus on positive community building. He choses to promote the police as pigs. Companies like Nike promote Kaepernick yet Nike pulls shoes of the shelf because they have the American flag on them?

This country is in deep, deep trouble!

• I have heard about enough from Kaepernick - I am not a violent man but I would take great pleasure is shoving a football up his a$$ so far until he uses the laces for his smile :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• As you discuss the drone strike on a terrorist leader take a moment and read this article.

https://www.amnestyusa.org/is-…u-s-citizen-with-a-drone/

I would put the emphasis not so much on the drone itself but on target identification and isolation. A drone has the potential to reach intended targets at the correct opportunity in isolated areas away from further damage and loss of life. Quite possibly the best weapon in many situations.

If drones are outlawed only outlaws will have drones. Talk about having hands tied being the back.