Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Beautifully analytical and well said! I think just about everybody can find common ground in what you said. I believe the Democrats did not just have their hand in the cookie jar they were in the cookie jar and when you’re cornered you do anything.

Political science classes will be chewing on this for many decades to come.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Well said, and I believe this impeachment will do little to persuade party alignment with the exception of independents. I think the Democrat's know full well in the end there is no chance of the President loosing power. My guess they will drag this on as long as possible to keep it in the back of voters minds and media exposure.

My thoughts are it will back-fire. We'll see.

Yes it will backfire... on the American people who get stuck with the 2.5+ billion dollars it took to put on this dog and pony show but the spineless will pay.

• Can somebody shed some knowledge on a statement I read the other day regarding Our Constitution for me? I couldn’t find it. Just looking for the correct fact.
    If a President is impeached in the 1st term by Congress and not by the Senate, does that nullify that term and pave way for possible 3rd term election?

• Can somebody shed some knowledge on a statement I read the other day regarding Our Constitution for me? I couldn’t find it. Just looking for the correct fact.
    If a President is impeached in the 1st term by Congress and not by the Senate, does that nullify that term and pave way for possible 3rd term election?

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• The minority was told they couldn't have a hearing day to call their witnesses as allowed by the rules. The reason given was that there was no time as the matter was so urgent. Now the majority is holding off sending it to the house. If it's so urgent why delay the process?

• The minority was told they couldn't have a hearing day to call their witnesses as allowed by the rules. The reason given was that there was no time as the matter was so urgent. Now the majority is holding off sending it to the house. If it's so urgent why delay the process?

It's all BS and in the end Pelosi has no choice, if she does not follow through and send the articles to the Senate along with managers, then Trump can legitimately say he has not been impeached.

Pelosi has no leverage at all in this case and the longer she waits the more of a laughingstock the Democrats in the House become

Link - Trump not impeached until articles are sent to the Senate

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal: link added ().

• It's all BS and in the end Pelosi has no choice if she does not follow through and send the articles to the Senate along with managers the Trump can legitimately say he has not been impeached.

Pelosi has no leverage at all in this case and the longer she waits the more of a laughingstock the Democrats in the House become

Link - Trump not impeached until articles are sent to the Senate

As Juan Williams said this morning regarding impeachment... "The headlines have already been written" .. so no matter what Nancy does now, the effort to harm the President is done so there must be more to it ....

I'm convinced this delay tactic is a clear and calculated effort to effect the '20 election ... not for President but for the Senate. This guy Tribe who is the chief adviser to the dems for impeachment as much as said so in an op-ed before the vote was even cast. If the President is re-elected but the dems take the Senate they can remove him. And he should know, he wrote the dems strategy and talking points.

...... newpolitician-squared

• This seems like such a no brainer but I think I just had an epiphany. Pardon me if I

am slow to realize this….

MAGA is just that. ALL America and Americans. Not good for us and not for you. All.

That is why Washington is in such a lather over Trump. There are great amounts of money to be made with devision. Just ask Al Sharpton or Jessy Jackson. Or the military industrial complex. War is the biggest business around. Keeping people pissed off at each other is big business.

When we ( the USA and that is ALL the USA) goes to work each day, we work along side of people with all different "everything”. But we all have this in common - we are at work.

Good trade deals mean jobs HERE. NO wars mean no one is dying or spending money on

bullets and such. A great economy and safety are things ALL AMERICANS can rally around and should and are.

DT has pulled his own coup de tat’. Who’d of thought the Unions would be so quiet now in an election year. Perhaps shops are opening not shuttered? DT has brought the American people together if you think about it. It is not the republican or democratic party with Trump, it is the Country! We are ALL doing better because of him and THAT is what is pissing Washington peddlers of division off.

Doesn’t matter what party you are affiliated with, having a job, safety, and a future and a few bucks in the bank - who doesn’t want that? DT has delivered and is delivering!

The swamp hates that - and him for doing it!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

The Dems feel it is "urgent and important because Trump is actively seeking foreign countries to interfere in our election".

McConnell said essentially, "We are going to coordinate with the Whitehouse(defendant Trump) and do as they(Trump) would like". It is suppose to be a Senate TRIAL.

The Dems say they feel it is serious and urgent, why would they pass it over to a guy that won't treat it serious and worse, asks the defendant how to proceed.

I would say it is fine for Mitch to conclude after the House hearings that he has his decision made already, those in the house did. He still needs to hold an honest hearing that doesn't exonerate the accused before the trial. Without an agreement to at least that, why would they hand it to Mitch.

The same Mitch that calls the dems, "do nothing" while failing to bring to the floor almost 300 House passed bills. Who is really, "do nothing"? That is also 5he same Mitch that said of Obama, "We are going to say no to everything and make him a do nothing President". Yes, the Senate has approved justices, a lot, but Mitch is the true, "do nothing" guy.

• That all fine but the dems knew all that before they passed the impeachment vote.

If you look at this like the house is a grand jury and the senate is the criminal court where the trial will be held if makes no sense.

The dems voted to indite and said it was a slam dunk case Trump is guilty. But before they hand it off they need the trial court to get enough evidence (in this case witness testimony) to make the case. The grand jury doesn't get to dictate how the trial is conducted.

It's amazing to see the left complain that a suspect is getting better treatment than the prosecutor. I would love to see an unbiased attorney with the innocence project brake down this whole thing from a defense standpoint.

• Have no fear - the Senate will be just as fair and impartial as the House has been. Also - I don’t know why the Senate and Trump haven’t helped push through Dem bills - they have been so helpful in moving Trump’s agenda forward. Who was that wise man that said..

05749171-F687-4526-BB2F-B196A89C2B58.jpeg

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I suggest you brush up on your history .....

The Senate worked directly with the Nixon and Clinton administration, respect and deference where paid to both administrations. Its the way its done in a civilized republic. The dems didn't complain when they where in the other side of the curtain and voted unanimously for the exact same rules Mitch has proposed. Word for word.

About those "300 bills" I would also suggest you research those bills yourself rather than simply regurgitate the talking point for the sake of argument. There is good reason most have not been brought to the Senate floor.

..... angel-squared