Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I watched the local Philadelphia news for years under both republican & democratic presidents. I enjoyed watching Philly news, I want to but I can't. I can say with honesty, no previous presidents were attacked. If they had been I would have stopped viewership.

When President Trump won it changed immediately. Including the local Fox Affiliate. It didn't stop with the President as the First Lady simply couldn't do anything right. She is a beautiful person doing great things. No credit anywhere. I stayed with them for about a year. They refuse to report any accomplishments. Its like watching the view!

The not-so-local independent station I watch out of Allentown PA does it correct. Most segments containing one point of view will post equal opposing views. How it should be!

• The not-so-local independent station I watch out of Allentown PA does it correct. Most segments containing one point of view will post equal opposing views. How it should be!

What would really be refreshing is if they would just report the facts and let the people make up their own mind without intentionally putting a slant on it.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• https://share.icloud.com/photo…8ItciHw#Laguna_Hills_Mall

This is what happens when you just got out of your colonoscopy a little bit loopy and encounter a bunch of anti Trump protesters. Picked up a legal pad and wrote TRUMP2020 and had to chime in!🤪

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

Edited once, last by SoCal ().

• WOLF - In rebuttal

https://www.foxnews.com/politi…onclude-that-youre-guilty

As a lawyer this is offensive beyond belief. This guy must have got his law degree from North Korea. Think about what Swalwell said — is this not what happens in dictatorial regimes ?? The government says you are guilty and if you cannot disprove it you are executed. Is this actually a precedent we want to set going forward??? What the Democrats are doing now is setting up future Presidents for frivolous impeachment just because the opposing party dislikes them. Swalwell either disregards the “innocent until proven guilty” principle or is just a political hack dumbass and should be disbarred !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Bill Martin - I can't rebut poorly made statements.

However, the House alleges Trump used his position to influence a US election by pressuring Ukraine to investigate the Biden's after Biden overtook Trump in election polls.

I have watched the Republican defense and the President's defense transform from , "It never happened" to, "It happened as an official act by the President to root out corruption in a corrupt country".

The problem I see, outside of claiming "everyone involved says nothing bad happened" and not allowing those people to come forward and defend the President is one question. Why does rooting out corruption in all Ukraine for the release of funds only include "Biden and Barisma"? Political gain and election interference is the only logical conclusion.

• With all due respect, I read the transcript as well. In it he (TRUMP) was talking about what happened with Biden and his son that enabled his son to get a high paying job with a corrupt foreign country in a job that he had no knowledge or expertise in. It referenced what influence his then Vice President father had as well as how his dad had a foreign official fired in exchange fo funds being released. I never read anywhere that Trump said to help him with a FUTURE election - only to help understand what happened so that if any crimes were committed, the people involved could be brought to justice. I can see how those with blinders on can spin it to use to his advantage to a future election. And all this about him worried about losing to Biden is far fetched since even as today, neither one of them has been their parties nomination. The way Biden is self destructing on the path to the convention, it wouldn't surprise me that he's not even in the top 3 in his party

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Problem is this is ALL just political bluster on both sides. The folks that believe he is guilty they are never going to believe he is innocent (of anything for that matter). Same goes for those that believe he is innocent. They ALL know the Senate will never vote for impeachment. So does all this accomplish anything - NO. When the dust settles roughy half the country will be pissed - half will be happy it’s over. The sad thing is whoever is elected in 2020 with the current Democratic field — those numbers are unlikely to budge. So where does that leave US ?? I can tell you - we are looking at 5 more years of the same division. Boils down to do you believe your life will be better with bigger government, more taxes and regulation or a less intrusive government with a pro capitalist environment which has made this the most successful country in history. For me that choice is a no brainer.

PS - with the ego that Trump has do you really believe that he felt the need to commit an impeachable offense to beat Joe Biden ?? I think he lays awake at night masturbating thinking about the opportunity to debate Biden !! :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• With all due respect, I read the transcript as well. In it he (TRUMP) was talking about what happened with Biden and his son that enabled his son to get a high paying job with a corrupt foreign country in a job that he had no knowledge or expertise in. It referenced what influence his then Vice President father had as well as how his dad had a foreign official fired in exchange fo funds being released. I never read anywhere that Trump said to help him with a FUTURE election - only to help understand what happened so that if any crimes were committed, the people involved could be brought to justice. I can see how those with blinders on can spin it to use to his advantage to a future election. And all this about him worried about losing to Biden is far fetched since even as today, neither one of them has been their parties nomination. The way Biden is self destructing on the path to the convention, it wouldn't surprise me that he's not even in the top 3 in his party

"It wasn't in the transcript. I read the transcript. Where is the whistleblower, their take on the call was wrong we need to hear from them".That is exactly what the Republicans in Congress keep saying, verbatim. There were witnesses that were interviewed that added to the story. Whether you read the transcript or not, the most damning stuff came from witness testimony.

Biden can be as guilty as Trump and if he is convict his ass. I said many times his sons position at Burisma looks very suspect.

Funinthesun you said, "I never read anywhere that Trump said to help him with a FUTURE election ". We can agree there. It was never written or actually said to be the case by any witness. What was clear by most witnesses is Trump(through Rudy) demanded an ANNOUNCEMENT of an investigation into BIDEN, HIS SON AND BURISMA before funds would be released. Not that the investigation had to start, just be announced publicly. That demand came a day or two after a poll came out showing Trump was 20 points behind Biden.

Again, WHY? Why just the Biden's? Why are the Biden's the main focus of rooting out all corruption in corrupt Ukraine? I won't answer this time. You please give me a great reason outside of my previous conclusion.

Bill Martin it is exactly Trumps Ego that drives all his decisions. His Ego drives his desire to be a very clear winner. His Ego would have him do anything necessary to "WIN BIG". Heck, his Ego won't even let him call any missed mark anything except "The Best, The Greatest, The Biggest...". He is "The Biggest" Narcissist and "The Greatest" at narcissism, he most surely will cheat to win. He will do The Best cheating, Trust Me.

• I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Again, WHY? Why just the Biden's? Why are the Biden's the main focus of rooting out all corruption in corrupt Ukraine? I won't answer this time. You please give me a great reason outside of my previous conclusion.

Very simply, because Biden was the one tasked to head the US relationship with Ukraine... no one else ..... Biden was the one who's son was profiting from Ukraine due to his fathers position .. no one else ... and Biden was the one bragging in front of cameras about having pressured the Ukrainians with threats to withhold aid ..... no one else.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Wolf,

I never knew you have met with Trump. You have listed Trump’s many faults, as perceived by you. I don’t like the perception I have of Trump, but I can understand that so much of what I have seen has been “cherry picked” by the media. And I don’t trust the media any more than I do Hillary.

The only fact is the verbatim transcript of the phone call. Many people are saying that they know what Trump meant. We all know the he asked for a favor. For what purpose, is only known by Trump. When he was asked what he wanted he stated “nothing”. For anyone to say they know what he wanted is GUESSING. Yourself included.
    Anything said by Rudy is on Rudy. That is why we use others to work for us.
    I don’t know what was meant by “the favor”, but if both people in the conversation say it was now pressure, who are you to say it was?

YLM. Your Life Matters

• Right now if there were a place where one could legally place wagers on such things I would bet my money that after hearing some opening statements in the Senate the side will ask that the case be dismissed and that request will be granted.

No matter how much Mr. Trump might like the chance to call his witnesses I suspect his attorneys will see no need to let it go to trial and take any chances that some unknown information could screw everything up and I suspect the Republican leadership in the Senate will fell the same way

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies