Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• It's sad, I would love to show support for the president but it's too much to lose. Worried about vandalism to personal property. Vehicle keyed, trash on the lawn etc. Wasn't like that a few years ago.

• CCW and open carry are not the same thing. I clearly referenced CCW in my post.

Red, I think you would agree that intentional "accidental" exposure on its own can get you a talk'n to that is best avoided but in itself is not illegal. Brandishing requires that you at least put your hand on it and most jurisdictions would require you to actually draw it for a citation or petition to have your CCW revoked.

bran·dish

(brăn′dĭsh)
    tr.v. bran·dished, bran·dish·ing, bran·dish·es
    To wave or flourish (something, often a weapon) in a menacing, defiant, or excited way. See Synonyms at flourish.

n.
    A menacing, defiant, or excited wave or flourish of something.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Federal law defines brandished as, “with reference to a dangerous weapon (including a firearm) means that all or part of the weapon was displayed, or the presence of the weapon was otherwise made known to another person, in order to intimidate that person, regardless of whether the weapon was directly visible to that person. Accordingly, although the dangerous weapon does not have to be directly visible, the weapon must be present.” (18 USCS Appx § 1B1.1)

• Bill Martin will a, "The scary teenagers were talking bad about my hat;(" defense help Nipper's friend in court?

First of all “scary teenagers” is irrelevant as is age to commit violence.I believe the poor young girl brutally stabbed to death in NYC in the news recently was by a “really scary teenager”. That being said it is really splitting hairs here - as Red stated it just like it is. A prosecutor will say he was brandishing - a defense attorney will say he was adjusting his jacket. I have to say it was probably poor judgment if he was not in fear for his life. As I have stated before it would be a shame to kill anybody over a damn hat - BUT - that does not mean I will be assaulted over a hat either. Botttom line is none of us was there and have no idea what was going thru nipper51 s friends mind. Maybe letting them get a peak at the weapon saved their lives. Y’all don’t ask me so difficult questions - I’m retired and it makes my head hurt :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I wish that you could trust that the younger youth are simply smart mouths. Just yesterday a 13 year old stabbed a young lady to death. Seems more & more common, Maybe I'm getting older but the youth today don't have a childhood. They don't laugh, smile, run-around or interact in a friendly way. I live in a semi-safe neighborhood but steadily you can see younger kids really messed-up. Not all, but so many are like zombies.

Computers, smart phones and technology, although good, may in turn prove too much for people to handle. Group think combined with limited life experiences may be a real issue in years to come.

I'm glad I had the opportunity to grow up in a different time.

• True, a lot of states have open carry, however in Michigan which has open carry. Your gun is to be completely open to view or completely concealed depending on which law you are using at the time.

Yeap.

BTW what responsible adult displays a firearm as a response to a smart mouth kid who doesn't like his hat?

Any responsible adult who wants to.

• I’m quite aware guns are illegal in the malls here in Illinois. He should have broken it down and locked it up in the car before entering. I Think in my friends defense, he knew he could have been easily over taken by 3 as he is handicapped and unable to run and call Security. I believe the mall has a minimum age of 18 for unchaperoned Young adults. I’m sure he did’nt think anything like this would happen. I’m glad nothing went terrible wrong. Sadly, high crime rates in the Chicago land areas keep climbing and have become rather unsafe.

• I’m quite aware guns are illegal in the malls here in Illinois. He should have broken it down and locked it up in the car before entering. I Think in my friends defense, he knew he could have been easily over taken by 3 as he is handicapped and unable to run and call Security. I believe the mall has a minimum age of 18 for unchaperoned Young adults. I’m sure he did’nt think anything like this would happen. I’m glad nothing went terrible wrong. Sadly, high crime rates in the Chicago land areas keep climbing and have become rather unsafe.

For your information. I just seen this as a teachable moment. I never contacted the police. That isn't to say nobody did or could.

I just thought you you should be more mindful of what you post. I also know your friend should be more careful where he brings his gun and how he behaves with it. I would hate to see a good person lose their right to bear arms over something so stupid.

It also has allowed everyone else to freshen up on their local laws.:)

Sorry, I made it so dramatic. I didn't think a simple, "hey that's illegal" would register.:*