Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I find it interesting, not all that long ago the Democrats claimed to be the party of the everyday people and they said the Republicans only cared about the rich - - - it seems clear that today the Republican party is the one that actually cares about normal people and the Democrats only care about the elite left like the hollywood types

I don't know how much the party likes it, but Trump has really redefined what a Republican can be and at the same time he has made the Democrats show their true colors and the self serving nature behind their lie of caring about the middle class.

But just remember that the old republicans are part of the SWAMP ALSO

• It intrigues me that some of these politicians must not be privy to the advent of video tape. Nadler (and many others) were filmed during the Clinton impeachment and are saying the EXACT opposite during the Trump impeachment. It is almost funny if it were not so sad and self serving. We the people have to wise up and send a bunch of em home to stay in 2020 !!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• It intrigues me that some of these politicians must not be privy to the advent of video tape. Nadler (and many others) were filmed during the Clinton impeachment and are saying the EXACT opposite during the Trump impeachment. It is almost funny if it were not so sad and self serving. We the people have to wise up and send a bunch of em home to stay in 2020 !!!

The Republicans are doing it week to week, right now.

You're a lawyer, so I am sure you see it.

Republicans during and after witness testimonies almost unanimously said, "none of the witnesses were first hand witnesses", "there was no quid pro quo/bribery whatever you want to call it", "it's all hearsay", "Trump never ordered anything"...for weeks.

The interesting thing today was the Republicans almost unanimously still contend there was "no bribery" and "no quid pro quo". However they also almost unanimously contend that "(Trumps) this for that is the same as Bidens, no different than Biden's, and the Democrats feel Biden did nothing wrong", "Trump was well within his rights to withhold aid for investigations, because he was looking for corruption".

Hearing those Republican arguments all day was pretty telling. It tells me that even though they "know" it was "foggy memory, unreliable, third hand, hearsay" they now believe Trump himself did withhold aid for the investigation into Burisma and the Biden's. They must believe Trump gave the order through Rudy, as I believe. The testimonies provided no other conclusion as to how the order would have been given.

The Republicans also showed us their hypocrisy(I'm not saying Dems are never hypocritical, they're politicians after all) through their argument all day. Many Republicans called for the Biden's to be interviewed while implying wrong doing. They suggested bringing charges against Joe Biden for his role in a quid pro quo to fire a Ukranian lawyer "investigating his son". The same Republicans suggesting Joe Biden is a criminal for his actions and calling out the Democrats as hypocrites for "thinking Joe did nothing wrong, yet want to impeach Trump for doing the same thing", fail to realize they do so very hypocritically. They are in fact saying "Biden is criminal", "Trump did the same thing as Biden" and "Trump did nothing wrong". That my friends is hypocrisy. Many of them repeated these arguments over and over again, in back to back sentences in one form or another.

Essentially, the witnesses did convince the Republicans there was a quid pro quo, bribery order given by Trump. To them, it just isn't a bad thing anymore. Well, they do see it as a bad thing for Joe Biden to do(in 2015), now, not when they controlled the House and Senate(in 2015), but now.:S

• I only wish someone from either side would have the balls to call it what it is and make a motion right now to take the vote to move it to the full house. Let the full house vote along party lines to impeach him, moving it along to the Senate. Let them make a motion to vote to remove him and it fails along party lines (both sides know there's no way in hell they will get a two thirds vote to remove passed). That puts this all to rest and let both sides do their best to get voters to come out and vote. Let the people decide. So the important business of the country gets done - Secure our borders, make the streets and schools safe, control drug prices and health insurance premiums, pass a balanced budget and a 50 year plan to eliminate the debt. Once they get that done, they can contact me and I'll give them some more goals and objectives to work on. Until then, JUST DO YOUR JOB OR GET OUT AND LET SOMEONE ELSE SHOW YOU HOW

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• UNTIL NOW !!!

• I only wish someone from either side would have the balls to call it what it is and make a motion right now to take the vote to move it to the full house. Let the full house vote along party lines to impeach him, moving it along to the Senate. Let them make a motion to vote to remove him and it fails along party lines (both sides know there's no way in hell they will get a two thirds vote to remove passed). That puts this all to rest and let both sides do their best to get voters to come out and vote. Let the people decide. So the important business of the country gets done - Secure our borders, make the streets and schools safe, control drug prices and health insurance premiums, pass a balanced budget and a 50 year plan to eliminate the debt. Once they gat that done, they can contact me and I'll give them some more goals and objectives to work on. Until then, JUST DO YOUR JOB OR GET OUT AND LET SOMEONE ELSE SHOW YOU HOW

The House and the President have passed many bills during this process and accomplished work for the American people. Heck, they took a long recess from the impeachment hearing to pass bills that include parts of your "to do list".

I do very much wish the Dems would have forced Trump to allow his people to release all the subpoenaed information and allow those who were subpoenaed to testify. I also wish the Dems would have allowed those that the Republicans requested be brought in for questioning be brought in.

Like you, since it is where it is, I wish somebody would concede nobody is moving position and vote so that it can go to the Senate or outside shot be voted down. If it goes to the Senate, I hope the Republicans will take their fellow Republicans pleas and their professors plea into account and call all those witnesses and implore Trump to release all the House subpoenaed information. If the Senate acts hastily like the House has, they will make Republicans look like they don't care about finding the full truth and will have Democrats making the same, "We need more witnesses..." call that the Republicans had in the House.

• The House and the President have passed many bills during this process and accomplished work for the American people. Heck, they took a long recess from the impeachment hearing to pass bills that include parts of your "to do list".

I do very much wish the Dems would have forced Trump to allow his people to release all the subpoenaed information and allow those who were subpoenaed to testify. I also wish the Dems would have allowed those that the Republicans requested be brought in for questioning be brought in.

Like you, since it is where it is, I wish somebody would concede nobody is moving position and vote so that it can go to the Senate or outside shot be voted down. If it goes to the Senate, I hope the Republicans will take their fellow Republicans pleas and their professors plea into account and call all those witnesses and implore Trump to release all the House subpoenaed information. If the Senate acts hastily like the House has, they will make Republicans look like they don't care about finding the full truth and will have Democrats making the same, "We need more witnesses..." call that the Republicans had in the House.

Mathew, let's assume Trump is guilty as hell on all charges and hundreds more. I then ask you, as President, what rights as a United States resident does he lose just to hold his job? (besides divesting himself of some business holdings)? Doesn't he still retain his right against self incrimination? Well then, MAYBE he's refusing to release documents and having staff testify is HIS right being legally carried out!

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Mathew, let's assume Trump is guilty as hell on all charges and hundreds more. I then ask you, as President, what rights as a United States resident does he lose just to hold his job? (besides divesting himself of some business holdings)? Doesn't he still retain his right against self incrimination? Well then, MAYBE he's refusing to release documents and having staff testify is HIS right being legally carried out!

I see your point. Wouldn't that be outside incrimination though? They aren't his documents, they are ours. They aren't his employees, they are ours.

• Nothing has been presented that will change anyone's mine on impeachment. If you believe in poles the number of Dems that thought Trump should be impeached before the phone call hasn't changed. The Repubs numbers against have moved up slightly. It's all political bullshit and the vast majority of people don't care. It simply casts a bright light on how corrupt the political system has become.

• Wolf,

earlier you claimed that Trump was accused of doing the same thing as Biden. I believe that Biden (per the video tape and in his own words), states that he was able to get the prosecutor fired by withholding funds. Trump is accused of trying to get the Ukraine to investigate corruption in the dealings that Biden was involved in.
    So in Bidens case, it is okay to extort a government to fire an official (ie meddle in another governments affairs). But not ask for an investigation into that action. Or do you think Trump was just trying to expose Biden’s use of his position to get his kid a “sweetheart” deal.
    I see a big difference, huge.

YLM. Your Life Matters

• Wolf,

earlier you claimed that Trump was accused of doing the same thing as Biden. I believe that Biden (per the video tape and in his own words), states that he was able to get the prosecutor fired by withholding funds. Trump is accused of trying to get the Ukraine to investigate corruption in the dealings that Biden was involved in.
    So in Bidens case, it is okay to extort a government to fire an official (ie meddle in another governments affairs). But not ask for an investigation into that action. Or do you think Trump was just trying to expose Biden’s use of his position to get his kid a “sweetheart” deal.

I said the Republicans drew the comparison in an effort to call the Democrats hypocrites.

The "huge difference" you speak of is that Trump did it using his personal attorney through a back channel. Biden did it at the request of Congress, The United Nations and the State Department.

• KZ1 to be clear. I have stated that Hunter Biden's job placement with Burisma is very suspect and should be looked into. That does not mean The U.S. through Joe Biden firing a corrupt(by all accounts) prosecutor was wrong, especially since it didn't stop the investigation into Burisma.

• Wolf,

Absolutely correct !! If this guy had done the exact same thing Trump did he would be heralded a patriot for his foreign policy fighting corruption !!

• Absolutely correct !! If this guy had done the exact same thing Trump did he would be heralded a patriot for his foreign policy fighting corruption !!

Yeah that guy. The guy that deported more illegal immigrants in his first 3 years than Trump and is called a "weak, open boarders loving liberal". I see your point that people can be hypocritical when they wear party blinders.:)

EDIT: Almost forgot the obvious. The Republicans that are calling Joe Corrupt for doing the "same thing" and hailing Trump as a Patriot fighting corruption.

Edited 2 times, last by WOLF ().