Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Anonymous writing is called "graffiti" - it has no literary value and limited connections to the truth.

How do you gauge, "literary value"?

If by sales, this book will probably sell a lot, make a lot of money(value).

If it is all fiction, many fictional books are quit entertaining and many are universally loved and retold for generations(value).

If it is a mix of truth and fiction, it could still be entertaining and semi-educational(value)

From a pure literary position, it could be very well written. All punctuation, sentence structures and spelling perfect.(value)

I have had a lengthy discussion about this same subject with a friend of mine (who is also my lawyer) who happens to be a voting member of the FL DP ..

Now someone has put what we both thought would be the only reasonable outcome in a well written article even if it is posted on the FOX News site .... wink-squared

https://www.foxnews.com/opinio…-their-only-exit-strategy

Not that either of of think any of this is "reasonable" but we both came to the same conclusion from different directions ....

Guess we will see ... we both think this is doing nothing but further dividing and hurting the country, we also both agree that if it goes on much longer the negative effects will last well past when we will be around to see it.

...... winning.JPG

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Didn't know that was a thing. Thanks for the info.:)

• I don't see how this Impeachment could be tearing the country apart. I mean, the over sensitive snowflakes are getting their impeachment inquiry. The Republicans, by all non-snowflake accounts, shouldn't and don't have "feelings" on the subject. If they did, they surely don't think the snowflakes should let Republican feelings get in the way.:P

• I don't see how this Impeachment could be tearing the country apart. I mean, the over sensitive snowflakes are getting their impeachment inquiry. The Republicans, by all non-snowflake accounts, shouldn't and don't have "feelings" on the subject. If they did, they surely don't think the snowflakes should let Republican feelings get in the way.:P

Agree- but it is not impeachment, it is an “inquiry”. Or - “ let’s see how much damage we can do to Trump because we can’t figure out how to win on our own” Inquiry. It would be impeachment IF they actually had something and the votes to proceed. For now it’s a fishing trip.

And, BTW WOLF I liked your “breaking news” post🙂👍🏼. I’m getting tired of everything being “breaking news “ too AND a certain other person telling me to “buckle up “ EVERY night. It’s all a circus unfortunately.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Agree- but it is not impeachment, it is an “inquiry”. Or - “ let’s see how much damage we can do to Trump because we can’t figure out how to win on our own” Inquiry. It would be impeachment IF they actually had something and the votes to proceed. For now it’s a fishing trip.

And, BTW WOLF I liked your “breaking news” post🙂👍🏼. I’m getting tired of everything being “breaking news “ too AND a certain other person telling me to “buckle up “ EVERY night. It’s all a circus unfortunately.

I'm unfamiliar with someone saying "buckle up" every night, but I understand that most anchors and pundits have a catchy phrase to keep you interested. Which for most people loses it's desired effect after the first 3-4 times. The crying wolf story comes to mind.

EDIT: btw, I did say inquiry once in there.;)

• Trade deals uplifting the economy matter to me much more than the smoke screen being pushed. How about the USMCA? Get it done!

Looks like Nancy is working on that while the House intelligence Committee does it's thing. That has to be awkward talking to Trump about the trade deal, while trying to remove him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w…gh-could-be-imminent.html

• New book release this week (all the bad stuff about Trump) "A Warning" by Anonymous Interesting???????????????????

Hey, that's the same guy who told me Trump has this all under control. Trump is building a Trump Plaza prison system building just in case things don't go his way. That way he'll have an in with the warden. Of course he will have the penthouse sweet all to himself. :00008172::00008172::00008172:

• I have no interest in reading it. Though I do wonder if Congress can subpoena an anonymous writer if there are things written in the book that they think can help them.

if you use Schiff’s rules why subpoena the writer - just use whatever excerpts you like out of the book and quote em as fact

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• How do you gauge, "literary value"?

If by sales, this book will probably sell a lot, make a lot of money(value).

Hi WOLF

I think I do have a fair gauge of "literary value", and no, it isn't from sales. Moby Dick is considered the quintessential American novel by many, and yet its sales during Melville's lifetime were very poor indeed. Some books do start slowly, and build a fan base over years, even decades or centuries. Other books are huge best-sellers, and yet are forgotten in a few years. Some books are written to a purpose, such as education or political commentary, sometimes these books receive recognition from people or organizations in that genre.

As an author, this is in my wheelhouse, so to speak. We can argue all day about what constitutes literary value, but I ask you to notice just on thing. For the sake of praise or damnation, all my books have my name on them. When you post things in your own forum name, you do the same.

People know who I am, they know my work, and my reputation. Before they even crack the cover, they can look me up, see the salient details of my career, and judge for themselves what weight they should give my words and ideas. Someone who publishes anonymous work denies the public that transparency - hence my "graffiti" comment.

I would not consider myself a political scholar, but I've given an abbreviated CV and Bibliography below for your convenience to help you better evaluate my work and my ideas.

Daniel E. Barth "Doc"

PS: I dusted this off & took a photo for y'all... Veritas!

Curriculum Vitae:

PhD, Science Curriculum and Instruction, Claremont Graduate University, 2007

Amgen Award, 2009 (25 best Science Teachers in North America)

President's Award for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching, Three time nominee

MS, Optical Physics of DNA, Cal Poly University, 1992

MAEd, Claremont Graduate School, 1988

BS, Physics/Field Biology, Reagan Scholar, Eureka College, 1982

Bibliography:

Observational Astronomy, 1999

Teaching Science Through Literature, 2007

Maurice on the Moon, 2009 (Amazon best seller, Amgen Award for Science Teaching Excellence)

The Doomed Colony of Mars, 2011 (Amazon best seller)

Crisis on the Far Side, 2014 (Amazon best seller)

Chemistry without Tears, 2014

Astronomy for Educators, 2018 (Global Campus Award - best STEM textbook)

Revolt in Volkov Crater, 2019 (In press)

Grim Wisdom: 40 Years of Deep Thoughts and Cheap Shots from the Classroom, 2019 (In press)

Crisis on the Far

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I wasn't discrediting you, simply pointing out that many things can give a book literary value.

How is "anonymous" any different than many great writers that use an alias?