Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• I have a great idea Orangeman , why don't we suspend all current investigations throughout the U.S. and never start any ever again. We can never gaurantee they will find enough evidence to convict, so why try?

Also, if they are investigating rape and find a dead body, they better not investigate why there is a dead body in the rape suspects house, "it's out of the scope of the original investigation".

By all means, we are a country of laws and those laws need to be obeyed, unless you commit a crime out of the view of a cop. If it is committed in the view of a cop, that cop needs to be confirmed to be in the same political party as the suspect .:rolleyes:

the problem is not investigations - - - its the investigators

The problem is that you have people like Schiff who publicly stated they wanted Trump out of office long before there was anything to investigate

how can you think it is okay to let people run investigations when those people have publicly stated their intentions are to remove a president from office no matter what it takes and they said this starting the day he won? Schiff even said he personally had evidence that Trump should be removed from office long before any of the things they now say he did came up - - and he has never presented this evidence he lied about.

How can you think that is proper?

They have prejudged him and and said he was guilty before they even could tell you what he did - and then they started looking for anything they could find - - - - just like you they hated him and didnt want him as president and have said so

Seriously, you seem to be a good and decent person so I ask you, is it right to let people who have prejudged and stated their intentions are to find guilt run an investigation?

isn't it exactly this type of thing that has put so many innocent men behind bars - - investigators who decided guilt and then set out to prove it instead of actually investigating with out any prejudging?

Seriously can you even imagine the outrage if a Judge in a court of law publicly stated that he intended to find someone guilty before a trial started???

thats what Schiff has done and you seem to be perfectly okay with it - - - - why?

As a side note - even you have said you prejudged Trump, from your post just above:

"Trump is a shady, self serving piece of crap. That was my opinion of him before he ever ran for office, during his election candidacy and now as President. "

you decided you hated him before he was even president - - - and now you support letting others who hated him before he was president be his judges - - - - - - are you looking for validation? is this why you seem so okay with all of this?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• WOLF - our judicial system may be flawed in many ways but is still the best in the world. I believe in it with all its mistakes and shortcomings. That being said I would venture to say there has probably never been a human being investigated more than Donald Trump. I’m sure on some occasions he has stepped up to the line and leaned over but till yet has not been convicted of a crime. Just because a person is a public figure or elected official they should be presumed innocent until proven guilty - just like you or I. Could Trump have broken the law? Possible but no hard facts - just smoke and mirrors accusations with no conviction. I get you dislike his character - he can be very abrasive but his POLICIES and vision for the country is the best thing out there right now. I get you believe he broke the law - I was the same way back in the 90’s - but guess what?? I had to suck it up and accept the verdict - member this ??

Justice works the same way for Trump - the prosecution has not proven its case!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

Using common sense, under the US system of jurisprudence if you yourself where investigated for more than two years with approximately 50 million dollars spent by a cadre of admittedly biased investigators with the full force of the US government at their disposal and was not found "guilty" .... you would then be what ? .

...... angel-squared

Them, I said "them", in regards to those that are in prison.

But to your point, one could be an "un-indicted co-conspirator";)

• I, like you was and still am fine with Republicans investigating Hillary for any and everything they think warrants an investigation.

What is different in this scenario, that has you so crossed as an open minded pro law, pro American citizen?

Further more, so there is no confusion. I agree and stated before that Hunter Biden's employment looks very suspect. I have no problem with anyone looking into that. Yes, even Trump, for you party over country folk. The why and how matters, always.

• WOLF - our judicial system may be flawed in many ways but is still the best in the world. I believe in it with all its mistakes and shortcomings. That being said I would venture to say there has probably never been a human being investigated more than Donald Trump. I’m sure on some occasions he has stepped up to the line and leaned over but till yet has not been convicted of a crime. Just because a person is a public figure or elected official they should be presumed innocent until proven guilty - just like you or I. Could Trump have broken the law? Possible but no hard facts - just smoke and mirrors accusations with no conviction. I get you dislike his character - he can be very abrasive but his POLICIES and vision for the country is the best thing out there right now. I get you believe he broke the law - I was the same way back in the 90’s - but guess what?? I had to suck it up and accept the verdict - member this ??

Justice works the same way for Trump - the prosecution has not proven its case!!

Trump has probably settled out of court more than anyone on earth also.

Nobody has actually passed a verdict that I'm aware of. Have they? When did it happen? During that last 5 minute break? Damn it, I have to pay better attention.

• I, like you was and still am fine with Republicans investigating Hillary for any and everything they think warrants an investigation.

What is different in this scenario, that has you so crossed as an open minded pro law, pro American citizen?

the difference is that the Democrats have selected a person to lead the investigation and to act as judge controlling the hearings who said before it all started that Trump was guilty and that he personally would see to it that Trump was removed from office

a fair and impartial investigation would be very acceptable to me - and I would want the same if it were Hillary or Obama or any other person - - - it is what our legal system is supposed to guarantee

Do you think Mr Schiff is impartial?

and do you think a person who has clearly stated partial views should be selected as a judge in a case?

when Hillary was investigated did James Comey express that he felt she was guilty before he started his investigation????? - - Mr Schiff has done exactly that

Did Mr Comey say before he investigated Hillary that he wanted her to be guilty and would find her guilty any way he could??? - - Mr. Schiff has done exactly that

are you so blinded by your dislike for Trump that you think it is okay to have his appointed judge say he is guilty before one shred of evidence has been presented??????

• Nobody has actually passed a verdict that I'm aware of. Have they? When did it happen? During that last 5 minute break? Damn it, I have to pay better attention.

yes you do need to pay better attention - - - either that or you don't care

Has Adam Schiff stated that Trump is guilty???? - - - - - - - yes he has!

Has Adam Schiff stated that he wants Trump removed from office??? - - - - - - - - yes he has!

For God's sakes man - - this guy is the judge running the hearing - - - and he clearly has passed a verdict and if you dont see it as a problem then there really is no point in even talking about this with you because you have already decided a verdict as well

you don't care if Trumps hearing is fair and impartial because you don't like Trump and that is not something I can argue with you about - - I don't know how to deal with someone who will presume guilt just because they don't like someone so my only choice is not to even try

I'm out of here - - no point in talking to walls

• Did I forget to tell everyone that if you want the real info for the "U. S. A."on the money where it comes from and where it goes and maybe more, because I have not checked everything on the site USAFacts.org This is the real numbers without the "BULL SHIT" This is a free news letter put together from government records and info only Bill Martin

• It’s all gonna be OK WOLF - the Dems have the HONORABLE Adam Schiff running the impeachment inquiry. We all know he will not do his level best to be fair and unbiased against Trump. Pelosi is “so sad” she has to do this for our country. Using your thoughts on Trump I don’t even know why they are even bothering with an inquiry - they should call for a vote immediately and get it on to the Senate for trial. I am quite sure Mitch McConnell will be just as fair and impartial as Schiff. Since you have already tried and convicted Trump I guess I’ll have to buy a set of Joe Biden hats and mugs - he is certainly clean as a whistle and not controversial at all. Your insight has been illuminating!! Buddy ....

Yo did mean "KING" Adam Schiff didn't you? He acted like a king today, Or was it a selfish Child?

• Not only that but President Trump is not allowed ANY representation within this Star Chamber. How can anyone trust a process that won't allow representation? Everyone in control of that impeachment hearing is a Trump hater that has handpicked a bunch of Trump Haters. Telling second hand info they overheard trump haters saying.

• First let me clear things up for you. I was speaking about the Senate Republicans one year investigation of Hillary Clinton that started shortly after Trump took office and concluded with Trey Goudy saying, "We found some interesting things that should be looked into further". I am sure Senate Republicans have publicly said they dislike Hillary and accused her of many things.

I wasn't referencing the Comey investigation, but I was fine with that as well.

You keep calling Schiff a Judge, he isn't. This isn't a court hearing. Schiff only counts for one vote. Both sides vote and both sides get to question witnesses. Then, if the House votes to Impeach, it goes to the Senate, where Republicans hold the majority. How much more fair do you want it.

Trump isn't testifying, those closest to Trump refuse to testify. Schiff won't force the Whistleblower to testify. Those points tip to Republicans. Would you rather hear from a low level person who's complaint has been confirmed beyond any knowledge they have, or Trump and the five people closest to him?

• Context, Edward, Context. I was responding to Bill who was clearly talking about a case that was settled in court completely and he said I would have to deal with it. "It" being the presumed Trump exoneration. Soooooo?

• Yo did mean "KING" Adam Schiff didn't you? He acted like a king today, Or was it a selfish Child?

The Republicans know how much time they have for questioning. That is very clear from listening to the Republican female who always, " I yield my 5 seconds. I yield my 36 seconds".

I wonder why so many Republicans go on and on about what they see happening here, then try to squeeze a long tantalizing question into the last 3 seconds, forcing Schiff to cut them off mid question with, "your time has expired". Then they keep starting the question over, forcing Schiff to cut them off multiple times.

I don't actually wonder why they do it. They do it so that non-sheep people can call Schiff "King Schiff", because FOX showed them clip after clip of Schiff not allowing republicans to ask a "bombshell question".

• The Republicans know how much time they have for questioning. That is very clear from listening to the Republican female who always, " I yield my 5 seconds. I yield my 36 seconds".

I wonder why so many Republicans go on and on about what they see happening here, then try to squeeze a long tantalizing question into the last 3 seconds, forcing Schiff to cut them off mid question with, "your time has expired". Then they keep starting the question over, forcing Schiff to cut them off multiple times.

I don't actually wonder why they do it. They do it so that non-sheep people can call Schiff "King Schiff", because FOX showed them clip after clip of Schiff not allowing republicans to ask a "bombshell question".

Did you ever stop to think the Reps want to use their time to put in a show as much as the Dems?? I don’t have to watch Fox to know Schiff has been having closed hearings in the Whitehouse basement. If you cannot see that this entire fiasco is another attempt to discredit Trump because they cannot beat him at the ballot box you just refuse to see it. Yes - your right - they didn’t get Hillary and I will take my last breath believing her crimes are far worse than anything Trump has been accused. Bottom line - they couldn’t or wouldn’t convict her - the same thing will happen with Trump. As a patriot, which I know you are, don’t you believe that an action removing a sitting President of the United States should be done in full view of the American people?? If the Dems had hard evidence on Trump - why haven’t they shown it to the people? What they have shown so far no where near rises to committing high crimes or treason. This is nothing but politics - very bad ones at that. Next time we have a Dem President we don’t like - we will just forget about all the folks that voted for him/her and impeach em.

• Did you ever stop to think the Reps want to use their time to put in a show as much as the Dems?? I don’t have to watch Fox to know Schiff has been having closed hearings in the Whitehouse basement. If you cannot see that this entire fiasco is another attempt to discredit Trump because they cannot beat him at the ballot box you just refuse to see it. Yes - your right - they didn’t get Hillary and I will take my last breath believing her crimes are far worse than anything Trump has been accused. Bottom line - they couldn’t or wouldn’t convict her - the same thing will happen with Trump. As a patriot, which I know you are, don’t you believe that an action removing a sitting President of the United States should be done in full view of the American people?? If the Dems had hard evidence on Trump - why haven’t they shown it to the people? What they have shown so far no where near rises to committing high crimes or treason. This is nothing but politics - very bad ones at that. Next time we have a Dem President we don’t like - we will just forget about all the folks that voted for him/her and impeach em.

As of yesterday, you are correct. The Dems still needed to release transcripts of 4 depositions. Yes, they should release those. Sondland was deposed today in a closed door session and those transcripts were released. I don't know who deposed him or if we will here from him in open committee hearings. I do think we should here from everyone in open committee, even if both sides are in fact in the closed door hearings.

How can you believe Hillary's crimes are worse than anything Trump has been accused of when, "PEOPLE ARE INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. WITHOUT A CONVICTION A PERSON IS INNOCENT". Obviously, based on previous statements Hillary is innocent and just a victim of a constant Republican Witch Hunt.^^

Bill you asked me, "If the Dems had hard evidence why haven't they showed it yet?". That reminded me that you never answered my legal question.

Was there ever a time where a lawyer would want to lead with soft evidence to build the story line and build up to a grand finish with their most compelling witnesses so your last witness leaves a strong impression on the jury?

That is what I suspect is happening here, since Sondland and Volkner are closer to Trump than the first three and are still to be heard from. Also, Mulvaney and Bolton will be very strong witnesses if they lose their court case to dodge their subpoena's.

Side note. I'm watching Tucker right now who said "They (dems) only started using "bribery" recently because they ran it through a focus group and found it to be the most scary". In fact, the Dems shifted to "bribery" because a democratic pundit made a very strong case for why the Dems should seek bribery charges. "Bribery is listed in the Constitution as a reason for impeachment. No fight over what constitutes "high crimes and misdemeanors".

Is there really a difference between bribery and quid pro quo or is it semantics?

• #1 I said “I believe” Hillary is guilty which that and $1.50 will get me a cup of coffee.

#2. This is not a trial and if it were building your evidence to the jury is a valid course of prosecution. This is an “inquiry” where the Dems are trying to sway public opinion and rules are completely different - enter all the hearsay evidence. The BIG tell today with all day with Yovanovitch was when asked if she had any knowledge of Trump committing a crime — NO. All the rest was political bluster.

#3 Bribery is the crime of exchange (could you please point out Trump’s exchange) and quid pro quo describes it. Bribery sounds so much more sinister. Come to think of it Schiff could be charged with Aggravated Dumbass with Intent to Distribute - I like the way that sounds :00008172: