Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Witch Hunt! After watching this witch hunt for just a few minutes I've become sick to my stomach. The whistleblower will not testify which leaves me to believe that the whistleblower is non other than Adam "Shifty" Shift. There never was a whistleblower. It is a Political ploy dreamed up by Shift. I certainly hope this whole thing blows up in their faces. Just my $.02 worth.

• Can someone please explain something to me like I'm a 10 year old who has to have everything spelled out for him? Why can an Ambassador (Bill Taylor) sit there and lie to the world that he is here under subpoena and is not on anyone's side then go beyond a simple yes or no answer so that he makes his point that he is a never Trumper? He offers his opinion on what he THOUGHT Trump meant or what he was trying to do and why, after saying that he's never met Trump, spoken to Trump or been ordered by trump to do anything? He reluctantly had to admit that under Obama, the extent of the foreign aid to Ukraine was limited to basically blankets and food and that there was NO MILITARY SUPPORT under Obama, yet under Trump, millions of dollars were sent to provide support as well as weapons to protect themselves from Russia. He further stated that Trump's withholding the $400 million (+/-) put lives in danger and the security of the country in weaker military position. It would all have made some kind of sense if it wasn't for his "associate" sitting next to him (George Kent) who matter of fact stated that money that gets allocated takes approximately 12 months to show up to the recipient. REALLY? If that's the case (and nobody disputed that claim), then how could Trump's withholding the $400 million for 55 days signal the Russians to attack and how would the Russians have even known of the money being withheld when the leaders in the Ukraine didn't even know about it for several weeks?

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck - IT'S a &^%$% DUCK!!

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• This hearing reminds me of investigation traffic crashes.

Did you witness the accident?

Yes

What happened?

I heard a noise and came outside. The guy in the blue car said he had a green light.

Did you see the light or the crash take place?

No

Thank you for your time.

Edited once, last by Red ().

• The Democrats should be very mindful of the precedence they are setting going forward for they too will someday be out of power.

My dad used to say ”Beware of cooking the golden goose for a quick meal”.

Don't overlook the other precedences being set...

Call everything bad said about you "fake news".

Say every investigation into your shady practices is a "Witch hunt".

Subpoena's are optional.

Claim you know all the facts while you support those with first hand knowledge from honoring a subpoena.

If you don't show up, you can't perjure yourself.

Lastly I will add, much like the Hillary Email thing. It doesn't matter where the smoke came from, it's out there and should be investigated. The whistleblower is like Wiki Leaks in my analogy. Knowing where the news came from doesn't make it less shady, provide cover or escape from investigation.

• I know I am missing something but where is the indignation about Biden admitting he threatened the Ukraine with the same thing Trump is being persecuted for? I saw a film clip where Biden very smugly admitted he threatened to withhold aide if the Ukraine did not fire the head of the investigation into the company that employed Biden's son. I don't feel there is any room for double standards in the House or the Senate. I don't follow any party lines, I vote for the person. I just want to see all this crap get over with and those boozos in DC realize who they are supposed to be working for

• Innocent until proven guilty

the accused shall be allowed to face their accuser

hearsay shall not be admissible as evidence

when all three of these concepts which are a part of the backbone of our legal system are being ignored by the democrats and also by the media it is very hard to think this thing is anything other than a witch hunt or a fishing expedition

Add to this the fact that the person leading it, Adam Schiff, has publicly stated he wanted the president impeached long before any of the current accusations were ever mentioned and also has stated that he personally has evidence of crimes, which he has never produced, and I find it difficult to understand how even the Trump haters can think this investigation is legitimate

no matter how much you might dislike Mr. Trump this process should scare the heck out of you if it is allowed to move forward as it is - - - - right now you might not care how they are treating Mr Trump, you might even think he deserves it - - just remember if you let it be okay now - - then you won't have a leg to stand on when you don't like it being done to someone you like

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I know I am missing something but where is the indignation about Biden admitting he threatened the Ukraine with the same thing Trump is being persecuted for? I saw a film clip where Biden very smugly admitted he threatened to withhold aide if the Ukraine did not fire the head of the investigation into the company that employed Biden's son. I don't feel there is any room for double standards in the House or the Senate. I don't follow any party lines, I vote for the person. I just want to see all this crap get over with and those boozos in DC realize who they are supposed to be working for

Supposedly what you stated isn't the whole story. Supposedly that was some corrupt prosecutor that the U.S. found to be corrupt. Supposedly other government officials were after that prosecutor and Biden stepped in to assist.

The owner of that company was prosecuted several times prior to Obama getting in office also the firing of that prosecutor supposedly didn't stop the investigation.

• Supposedly what you stated isn't the whole story. Supposedly that was some corrupt prosecutor that the U.S. found to be corrupt. Supposedly other government officials were after that prosecutor and Biden stepped in to assist.

The owner of that company was prosecuted several times prior to Obama getting in office also the firing of that prosecutor supposedly didn't stop the investigation.

three "supposedly's" - - - - biggest problem with this entire thing is that its all "supposedly" - its all "I heard someone say he heard" or someone told me they talked to someone who saw - - - -

its all BS - - - - when are they going to bring in someone who says "I heard" or I saw" - - - real witnesses to a real crime worthy of impeachment?

• They haven't voted as far as I know. Have they?

Trump refuses to face his accusers under oath. He has the right.

Hearsay isn't usually permitted in court. It isn't a court hearing. Also, hearsay has led them to call on those that were closer to the origin, in this investigation.

Remember, if you don't like investigations now, you won't have a leg to stand on when you want one on someone you dislike.;)

• Seriously - - If you really had solid proof, and real witnesses why would you start with second hand hearsay?

If you were a prosecutor and you had real solid evidence of a crime would you start by calling people to testify who could only offer secondhand BS?

why would any prosecutor with solid evidence start with something that makes the case look weak?

if they have a hope in hell of getting Trump impeached in the Senate they will need real solid evidence and if they only get it through the House with only Democrat support - - most likely will guarantee Trump gets re-elected

• Trump refuses to face his accusers under oath. He has the right.

Quoting Nancy now I see ... she said that a little over an hour ago and it was just as ridiculous then as it is now ..

He released the transcript of the call which was backed up as accurate during closed door depositions .... Presidents don't testify in house inquiries, he would have the opportunity to testify in a Senate trial if he wanted or was served a subpoena , so how exactly has he "refused"

Might want to also check the facts on what happened to that investigation after the prosecutor was fired ... .... tongue-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• To tell a story? We already know the two people closer to Trump and Giuliani that were involved in phone calls and texts with the two guys from yesterday will be testifying in the coming days.

I understand your point of hit 'em hard and fast. The guys from yesterday could have gone second or third as corroborating witnesses. Bill Martin may be able to shine light on why one would choose heavy or light witnesses first.

• To tell a story? We already know the two people closer to Trump and Giuliani that were involved in phone calls and texts with the two guys from yesterday will be testifying in the coming days.

I understand your point of hit 'em hard and fast. The guys from yesterday could have gone second or third as corroborating witnesses. Bill Martin may be able to shine light on why one would choose heavy or light witnesses first.

but they were not even light witnesses - they didnt witness anything - - they only had hearsay to offer that I am pretty sure Bill would tell you wouldn't even be allowed in a real court

And what really frightens me is that they have got decent people like you falling for it and defending it - - - scares the hell out of me

• To tell a story?

Ding ding ding ... we have a winner ......

Doesn't even matter if it is just as fictitious as what Schiff already read in to the Congressional record and will go nowhere ..... they just want to spin a yarn, attempt to damage the President at any cost, because they know they are in trouble for 2020 .....

This latest claim of "bribery" is the last flail of a dying narrative .. it amazes me that any of these people actually went to law school let alone ever soiled the floor of an actual courtroom .....

..... laugh-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• "Also, hearsay has led them to call on those that were closer to the origin, in this investigation."

The person was questioned in private but didn't bring up the phone call until the public hearing. Interesting

• Trump Campaign raised 3.1 million dollars on impeachment hearing

when this thing gets bounced by the Senate the democrats are going to be toast in 2020