Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Homelessness - it is going to be the death of us if we do not get a handle on it - - - and there is no time to be messing around

I fear that our homeless population is going to be the window through which a pandemic will enter - cleanliness and sanitation have been the keys to eliminating disease for hundreds of years and now that is all being thrown away in the name of political correctness

homeless man dumps bucket of hot feces on woman's head

its getting out of control and if people are not mentally capable of providing for themselves then they need to be taken off the street and hospitalized until they can

and building more shelters and giving them a place to sleep does nothing to help if they are back wandering the streets in the day

despite what some people think letting people lay in their own filth is not the humane thing to do, and taking over public spaces and turning them into toilets is not a right

Trust me - - you may think this is only a problem in the liberal areas of the country, but if nothing is done it will be coming to a city near you before you can blink - - and if some deadly disease gets a foothold in San Francisco or LA through the homeless communities it will spread and we will all be screwed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited 2 times, last by Edward Neal ().

• Well we could just wear a red ball cap and say the same thing.

• This is why I am still buying bullets, one day they will worth more than gold

• And they actually allow people like this to teach?

Really?

What a professor has to say about rural Americans

"I unironically embrace the bashing of rural Americans," Kernion wrote in a now-deleted tweet. "They, as a group, are bad people who have made bad life decisions...and we should shame people who aren't pro-city."

blows my mind that A-holes like this are even allowed near our youth

as a side note I would not have been the least bit surprised if I had been told Obama had said this - its the elitist attitude that seems to be pervasive in higher education these days

• Again; Faculty lounge elites confounded that those with opposing views are, according to them, to daft to appreciate how intelligent they are. What to do, what to do?

Oh to be schooled by the “if you can’t do it - teach it” wizards of smart.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I must say that as a relatively conservative, patriotic, and pro-American educator, the great majority of my students are well pleased with my classes. Many students are so hungry for leadership and learning from someone who doesn't hate their own country, that their desperation is actually palpable.

I try to tell my young teachers that one of the fundamental purposes of American schools is to produce good Americans. This does not mean to indoctrinate youngsters to think and vote the way you wish them to. Instead it means promoting a veneration for American principles of equality and equal access to both the economy and the halls of government.

It means promoting a veneration for free speech, and an understanding that the first ammendment was written to protect speech that was so hateful to the government, that uttering it could land you in prison - or worse. Legally, there is no "hate speech", but the First Amendment never guarantees anyone an audience. One of the most powerful freedoms is the power to ignore.

I teach my students that their politics and religion have no place in a public school classroom. I teach them that their's is a life of service, just as much as any Marine, Soldier, or Sailor, but they must never expect thanks or gratitude, much less medals, stripes, or gold braid - and no one ever salutes you.

I have been kicked, punched, slapped, and spat on - by both students and parents. I have stood between my students and assailants armed with knives and baseball bats. I have been the last one safe inside when bullets were skipping off the pavement outside my classroom.

I love my job. I try to convey my passion for teaching, and my delight in my life of service - 41 years in the classrooms of America, serving my students, their families, and my country - and no plans whatsoever to stop now. I am not loved by everyone - far from it! If you read my student's reviews, they read like a Jekyl and Hyde story, the love and the hatred are so raw and palpable that you might expect these were not written about the same fellow.

I'm in this profession to help produce good people, not disciples.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Just to be clear, I have nothing but respect for the profession of teaching - perhaps the most important thing a person can do

Its just pisses me off that in so many cases we allow some of these people to preach their opinions and their politics instead of teaching the subject they are paid to teach - - In my opinion the only time politics belongs in the class room is if the class subject is actually politics

• Thank you Doc - you are the kind of teacher I wish we had more of - - your students are very lucky to have you :thumbsup:

• We the people should become a manufacturer, we would sell the politicians as a product to the highest bidder. But being the manufacturer we would reap the benefits and all payment would come to us and we sell them with options. All payment would be made to the American people. We could keep all the politicians in camps with barbed wire fences so they won't hurt themselves as this would cut into our profits. I think I'm on to something.

• I didn't get to watch the impeachment inquiry today so I can only assess what I saw in the news. Lots of "I believe" "I understand" and someone told that someone "overheard" something. Not a lot of "I heard" or direct answers. Nothing at all like the criminal proceedings I'm accustomed to.

• I didn't get to watch the impeachment inquiry today so I can only assess what I saw in the news. Lots of "I believe" "I understand" and someone told that someone "overheard" something. Not a lot of "I heard" or direct answers. Nothing at all like the criminal proceedings I'm accustomed to.

Sondland and Volkner will be interesting to hear from. They were the guys mentioned about in calls that the two gentlemen today were on with, that were the ones in direct contact with Trump and Gulliani. Sondland is Friday and Volkner is Tuesday.

I missed the first hour and a half. Watched 45 mins. at lunch and listened to the rest on my phone at https://www.c-span.org/networks/?channel=radio

It was very interesting. I suggest listening to it for yourselves if you can. For me, I made a point to listen to as much as I could so that I wasn't relying on FOX, CNN and MSNBC to show me sound bites and tell me how to understand what was said. I am now watching them and they are playing videos and saying exactly what I thought they would show and say.

Schiff asking rhetorical questions, though funny at times, effective at times and ineffective at times seemed unprofessional.

Republicans saying, "We don't have your written notes, we couldn't see them because they aren't here, are they?" to William Taylor who said he took official notes of all events at the time of the events. That sounded reasonable, until later I learned Trump's (Republican's) State Department has them and won't release them even though the were subpoenaed to do so.

I don't buy the Republican line that, "it isn't a thing because Ukraine got their aid without Trump getting anything". The aid was being withheld, that is a fact according to both witnesses(they were first hand witnesses to that fact). It was released 2 days after the Whistleblower blew the whistle, that is a fact according to everyone on both sides. Some Republicans made good arguments and interesting points. That just isn't one of them, sorry Republicans.

Edited once, last by WOLF ().

• IMO the desperation of the Dems was on full display when one of em (Don’t recall his name) actually stated that hearsay evidence was just as good as direct evidence. Unless there has been a complete overhaul in jurisprudence I am not aware of a first year law student knows that is a completely false statement. I the Dems 2 star witnesses cannot name an impeachable offense - it is over — NOTHING BUT A WITCH HUNT

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Bill Martin This is the asshat who said it. Very sad to say this idiot is from my home state. 😖😭

At one point in Wednesday's hearing, Rep. Mike Quigley, D-Ill., even appeared to embrace hearsay testimony, claiming that "hearsay can be much better evidence than direct" and that "countless people have been convicted on hearsay because the courts have routinely allowed and created, needed exceptions to hearsay."

Yeah Mike Quigley, maybe that's the way they do it in Chicago back alleys, but it isn't the American way!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• MR. Kent said he had concerns about Hunter Biden in 2014 and funny business. So why didn’t that concern the ambassador? which was way before Biden b decided to run for president. I personally believe that was all part of the dems plan. To trap trump and protect Biden. If Hilary runs that will be the reason ....and it could be why all the others got in the race.....they are all dirty.

also Ukraine president didn’t even know the aid was being withheld until days after the “questionable” phone call. So how could he be making a deal to get it released? He must have psychic powers.

why didn’t “shifty” have to swear to tell the whole truth during the circus....same with everyone in Congress asking the questions....

republicans just said the whole thing is DOA in the senate if the whistleblower isn’t questioned.

• IMO the desperation of the Dems was on full display when one of em (Don’t recall his name) actually stated that hearsay evidence was just as good as direct evidence. Unless there has been a complete overhaul in jurisprudence I am not aware of a first year law student knows that is a completely false statement. I the Dems 2 star witnesses cannot name an impeachable offense - it is over — NOTHING BUT A WITCH HUNT

Nobody, except Republicans referred to those to guys as "their star witness". I know based on what those two said, that Volkner and Sondland will have better insight. Heck, depending on Bolten and Mulvaney's court cases, they will be very interesting to here from.

I wonder if Bolten's NDA with his publisher can actually spare him from these proceedings or if he'll have to do closed door.